View Poll Results: Should Betsy Braddock stay as Captain Britain forever or no???

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Betsy is the one and only Captain Britain

17 21.79%
  • Betsy should return to being a psionic British mutant superhero

61 78.21%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should Betsy Braddock stay as Captain Britain forever?

Should Betsy be THE 616 Captain Britain forever or should she lose that role?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Not really a fan of the way that Betsy became not only the Captain Britain but the basis of the Captain Britain Corps but I don’t see them walking that back any time soon especially since she can’t be Psylocke since they gave that code name to Kwannon. I wish they’d at least give us the middle ground of her and Brian sharing the mantle especially since it felt to me like Howard shafted Brian to build up Betsy.

I think it's cool we've gotten a lot of solo content with Betsy that puts her in the spotlight and in a big role but I just don't feel like she needs to be Captain Britain or that it fits her as well as it does Brian. Especially in the costume department.

Although now I guess she can't take Psylocke back even though it's rightfully hers so I guess there's not much that can be done at this point.

Then again, if the MCU has Brian as Captain Britain...

Forever? No. But I'm interested in seeing a new writer's take on her with the mantle.

If/when Brian becomes Captain Britain again I'd like to see him utilized regularly rather than popping up every few years as has been the case.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

If they want the character to become widely unpopular, yes.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

I supported her becoming Captain Britain. But I want her to start fresh and get back to basics with her powers and better character development from the new writer as the new era is in the horizon, I think.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should Betsy be THE 616 Captain Britain forever or should she lose that role?
    I have quite strong opinions about it. I think MARVEL has ruined the character for me with this entire Captain Britain non-sense. Sorry, but I do not think it suits the character or the concept should be part of X-Men comics. Bring Betsy back to her 80s Outback era look and call her Psylocke again.

I think her power and iconography should be better defined. A physical fighter with telepathy and telekinetic weapons.
    Last edited by Exodus; 08-19-2023 at 12:25 AM.

Definitely not. I'm fine with her being more involved with the other Braddocks and Otherworld stuff, but not as CB herself. Maybe call her Psy-Knight if we can't have two Psylockes.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

No. Definitely not. She should go back to being an X-Man. Outback era Betsy is one of my favorite characters ever and I'd like to see her closer to that again.

Gonna cast my vote in favor--give her the name! The redesign is fire, and the pink chiffon look never did anything for me. Brian can be Lionheart for all i care

She should never have become in the first place. Nor should she have lost Psylocke. Nor should Revanche have been brought back.

Jordan White and his minions have been crippling the character since 2018.

So, neither of the above options for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    She should never have become in the first place. Nor should she have lost Psylocke. Nor should Revanche have been brought back.

Jordan White and his minions have been crippling the character since 2018.

So, neither of the above options for me.
    I look amazing in your profile photo, Selene. Excellent choice for a profile pic.

Love,
    Kwannon

I appreciate the attention and spotlight she got but it didn’t land for me. I understand the easy marketing decision that Marvel made by giving Kwannon the Psylocke mantle and I guess it will stay like this. She’s the new Psylocke with black hair, katanas and Psy knife and properly asian. But the Butterfly is Betsy’s shtick.

Now I would love for Betsy to go back as being a psionic British mutant X-Men team member. She can keep her real name like Emma and Jean, since Betsy Braddock is very catchy on its own. Give her a costume and powerset similars to the Disassembled days, a side job as a STRIKE psy spy, her fashion model public persona back and voilà! She will feel unique and different from
    Kwannon:
    - The silver spoon, beautiful, posh princess who is also very brave, carefree and loyal friend and proud mutant versus Kwannon who is the cunning, mysterious, cut throat, hot ninja loner warrior with a dark past.

Would actually love them working together on an ongoing or mini.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Kwannon:
    - The silver spoon, beautiful, posh princess who is also very brave, carefree and loyal friend and proud mutant versus Kwannon who is the cunning, mysterious, cut throat, hot ninja loner warrior with a dark past.

Would actually love them working together on an ongoing or mini.
    I really think you’re onto something when you suggest Betsy and I working together on an ongoing mini and our traits being very complementary to each other. I think that would be both interesting and a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    I really think you’re onto something when you suggest Betsy and I working together on an ongoing mini and our traits being very complementary to each other. I think that would be both interesting and a success.
    Come to think of it, both Strike’s telepaths and Kwannon have a background rooted in stealth operations. Spies & ninjas go hand-in-hand, and stealth missions requiring psionics would make a perfect premise for Betsy & Kwannon to lead a team together. Sort of an ‘X-Force: Psi Division’ comprising of Betsy & Kwannon as co-leads fronting a team of Strike members and physical fighters with ninja skills, who have been assembled together for spy missions requiring combined skills in psychic stealth and physical combat.
    Last edited by Kwannon; 08-19-2023 at 06:55 AM.