BANNED

Default the old Steel movie with Shaq. What are your thoughts on it?

Been a long long time since ive seen the old Steel movie.

Was there a reason why there werent any references to Superman at all in the movie?

It’s bad lol. Not Shaq’s fault, but they basically tossed the bare minimum budget at him just to keep him happy, then sent it out to die. I dunno, maybe because they were working on the Tim Burton/Cage Superman movie and didn’t want people thinking the two were connected? There were similar restrictions with that Berry Catwoman movie iirc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I saw it in theaters. That year I did the same for Spawn, B&R, and MK Annihilation lol. Steel wasn't even as good as those but I was happy that such a MAJOR star got on board. In general I've been a Shaq fan my whole life even though I hate basketball.

The most decent thing was that it didn't kick the corpse of the Superman franchise. Just a somewhat average superhero movie from the era. Rewatching the trailer, I have to say that it does tell you everything you need to know
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Probably the most Superman thing about the movie was that Warner Bros gifted Shaq a car customized with a lot of Superman decorations. I don't remember the make, guessing it was a Cadillac or Mercedes or something, but overall it just seemed neat.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Well he has also had a Superman logo tattoo on his arm for a looong time so there's that.

I always thought it was cool that he liked the logo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog