Mighty Member

Default Perfect Way for Conner/Superboy to be portrayed in Comics

Perfect Way for Conner:

Hello,
    during the last weeks I was reading the last Comic Issues with Conner and I am more and more disappointed about the route which they take with Conner.
    What they should do with Conner now is the following:

1 They need to show him at a proper age and give him also the muscles back, which he seems to have lost since TT. People have problems to understand who Conner and who Jonathan Samuel Kent when they stand next to each other, because they look like Twins.
    Conner looks like 13/14 years old in his new mini-series and when he shows up in Robin etc. comics, he also looks incredible young.

2 Since Conner didn’t become Superman, he should take on a new Code-Name.
    For Costume I would suggest and LOVE that he changes his costume frequently like Supergirl did Pre-Flashpoint. I like the Idea that he does it like a Wrestler, who also changes his Gimmick and Outfit during his career.

-Complete White-Gold Outfit (complete with white Leather Jacket with Golden S on it) to give it a kind of Messias Look
    -Jeans, Boots, NEW52 Superman Blue Shirt with Fleischer S and leather vest or leather jacket together with Harley as Biker Superman Look
    I like that he changes the outfits according to his mood-from Showman, to more aggressive Superman (like NEW52 Superman)

3 They need also to show that he matured, and they need also to show some stations of his life which defined his character. I would love to see him grieving at Tana Moons Grave, speaking with it, looking back at their time together etc.
    Show that he is vulnerable, often torn, struggles (TT did a good job showing this, like when he asked why he was born and if Clones have a soul....)

4 They also need to bring him, Bart, Cassie and Tim together in a new Team (NO MORE TEEN, YOUNG…) but maybe Titans EastCoast or so, with more mature Stories and also include them in big Stories like it happened during Johns TT Run.

5 They also need to bring him together with Cassie, let them being engaged etc. and moving to a town on their own.

They need to let him mature and be like an older brother to Jon and the Super-Twins.

If Jon isn't going to use the Superboy name I'd want Conner to keep it. That's prestige and name recognition with that code name. Losing it would almost certainly result in Conner getting less attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Perfect Way for Conner:

Hello,
    during the last weeks I was reading the last Comic Issues with Conner and I am more and more disappointed about the route which they take with Conner.
    What they should do with Conner now is the following:

1 They need to show him at a proper age and give him also the muscles back, which he seems to have lost since TT. People have problems to understand who Conner and who Jonathan Samuel Kent when they stand next to each other, because they look like Twins.
    Conner looks like 13/14 years old in his new mini-series and when he shows up in Robin etc. comics, he also looks incredible young.

2 Since Conner didn’t become Superman, he should take on a new Code-Name.
    For Costume I would suggest and LOVE that he changes his costume frequently like Supergirl did Pre-Flashpoint. I like the Idea that he does it like a Wrestler, who also changes his Gimmick and Outfit during his career.

-Complete White-Gold Outfit (complete with white Leather Jacket with Golden S on it) to give it a kind of Messias Look
    -Jeans, Boots, NEW52 Superman Blue Shirt with Fleischer S and leather vest or leather jacket together with Harley as Biker Superman Look
    I like that he changes the outfits according to his mood-from Showman, to more aggressive Superman (like NEW52 Superman)

3 They need also to show that he matured, and they need also to show some stations of his life which defined his character. I would love to see him grieving at Tana Moons Grave, speaking with it, looking back at their time together etc.
    Show that he is vulnerable, often torn, struggles (TT did a good job showing this, like when he asked why he was born and if Clones have a soul....)

4 They also need to bring him, Bart, Cassie and Tim together in a new Team (NO MORE TEEN, YOUNG…) but maybe Titans EastCoast or so, with more mature Stories and also include them in big Stories like it happened during Johns TT Run.

5 They also need to bring him together with Cassie, let them being engaged etc. and moving to a town on their own.

They need to let him mature and be like an older brother to Jon and the Super-Twins.
    I'd love to see Conner and Cassie NOT be titans but be on the Supermen of America team!

Yes, Conner was a member, but Cassie wasn't. Oh and livewire was on that team... hmmm seems like fun could be had with Livewire and Cassie on the same team.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    If Jon isn't going to use the Superboy name I'd want Conner to keep it. That's prestige and name recognition with that code name. Losing it would almost certainly result in Conner getting less attention.
    Superheroines can spend years (or be an adult) with girl in their codename, from teen to adulthood with no problems. Superboy doesn't carry the same prestige as Superman, because Superboy has always been a side-character in Superman. Honestly, New52 and Rebirth did him really dirty, that's almost ten years for Conner not being in continuity. And with so Bendis YJ's being a flop, and the Dark Crisis YJ book being panned by so many people, he hasn't had a good time making a return. And there doesn't seem to be much cohesion in Superman for Conner to shine. So, it's been a rough go in comics for him.

Conner needs a big retooling, refocus on the characters history to see where he goes next, rather stuff him in a crowded Metropolis. Porters Superboy book wasn't it, in my opinion. He had an interesting concept, but that's far as it goes in my opinion. I do believe space is the go to place for Conner right now, if all the Superman characters are acting on Earth, send him there. It's big and wide enough he can operate alone or with the YJ.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 08-28-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Superheroines can spend years (or be an adult) with girl in their codename, from teen to adulthood with no problems. Superboy doesn't carry the same prestige as Superman, because Superboy has always been a side-character in Superman. Honestly, New52 and Rebirth did him really dirty, that's almost ten years for Conner not being in continuity. And with so Bendis YJ's being a flop, and the Dark Crisis YJ book being panned by so many people, he hasn't had a good time making a return. And there doesn't seem to be much cohesion in Superman for Conner to shine. So, it's been a rough go in comics for him.

Conner needs a big retooling, refocus on the characters history to see where he goes next, rather stuff him in a crowded Metropolis. Porters Superboy book wasn't it, in my opinion. He had an interesting concept, but that's far as it goes in my opinion. I do believe space is the go to place for Conner right now, if all the Superman characters are acting on Earth, send him there. It's big and wide enough he can operate alone or with the YJ.
    While I'd love a Conner solo title, I do think a well done YJ book could do well. There's a fan base for Conner, Tim, Bart and Cassie and none of them have an ongoing title now. That would be a way to appeal to all their fans.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    While I'd love a Conner solo title, I do think a well done YJ book could do well. There's a fan base for Conner, Tim, Bart and Cassie and none of them have an ongoing title now. That would be a way to appeal to all their fans.
    I'd happily buy a YJ book if DC would publish it, and if I had the money. The problem comes with DC hasn't done a good job with these characters in the last few years, aside maybe Tim prior to his Robin book flopping. What has exactly Bart done? Cassie was around for that Wonder Woman event back in 2022, I believe. And Conner hasn't done much either. They're just there at this point.

Start by making him look and feel like a early 20 something guy who has done the hero thing for years,make him feel like he knows what he is doing and good at it.

Look wise,body almost the same size as Clark's,who he was designed to look exactly like.wear the black and red S,DC you are missing out on a lot of fans of his TT years in comics,and the YJ and TT shows fans,huge misstep from you.so bigger,older,black and red S,leather jacket,fingerless gloves.I would give him a compromise haircut,which is kinda like a fade,so both camps of fans can see him as their conner/kon.

Just decide how powerful his kryptonian powers are gonna be and stick to it,every version is different,and the comics are consistent at all,besides thst he has them all. Decide if it touch TTK or TTK/full TK,man of tomorrow and AC has 2 completely different forms of it right now,even have different color(I am alwsys wirh the blue,so it stands out from the HV).

You can have a character have tons of attitude and still be a selfless and very skilled hero,it actually would make him more fun and badass at the same time.

Earth has Jon and the rest,YJ friends hold him back in some ways,so send him into space,build a whole team or universe around him just being out there trying to help ppl and inspire.

He doesn't need a relationship,he could go single guy out doing the hero job out in the field.miss martian would fit him better if he stayed in space,and was allowed to be a older,mature,very powerful hero. And not the one from the TV show,God no,I want the one from the comics,newer ones for him "IF" you want to go that route,hell you can just make them team members together all I care
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.