Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Ultimate X-men book incoming?

Plus Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate Black Panther and a new Ultimates series, possibly...

Marvel's Ultimate Universe With Spider-Man, X-Men & Black Panther
    From BC: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...black-panther/

Looking forward to seeing what this will be like. Hickman's involvement certainly intrigues me. Guessing maybe we'll hear more about it in the solicitations coming this week?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ohh I hope is grounded and dark.

not a gore feast and weird, and Wolvie penis is the center of the UltX-universe

LOL. At first I was like, "Whaaat?" but then I realized that "Wolvie penis" did indeed feature heavily into the previous UU... at least when it came to bedding an underage Jean (creepy!) as well as cucking Magneto by sleeping with Magda and possibly being the father of his children. Probably in some other instances I've blocked from my memory as well.

So, yeah, I'm with you in that hope... grounded, dark but not overly reliant on Wolvie peen as a plot device. Ha.

Oh God, the heartbreak. The OG Ultimate X-Men started off soooooooo good but ended up soooooo horrible. 13 year old me was crushed. I think I jumped off when Ultimate Cable was Wolverine from the future.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Oh God, the heartbreak. The OG Ultimate X-Men started off soooooooo good but ended up soooooo horrible. 13 year old me was crushed. I think I jumped off when Ultimate Cable was Wolverine from the future.
    Yeah thats pretty much when it started going bad Robert Kirkman was such a bad writer

I actually didn't hate that arc. Kind of thought it was a clever way to streamline a bunch of convoluted, messy 90s stuff (Cable, Six Pack, Bishop, Stryfe, Onslaught, Sinister, Apocalypse, etc.). It was definitely an interesting take IMO, and not what made the Ultimate X-men book or the whole line unredeemable. For me that was Jeph Loeb's 'Ultimatum'. What a steaming pile that was. And, while there were some interesting comics that came after that (particularly the Hickman Ultimates run), I just couldn't be bothered to check it out. The way they callously wiped out so many A-listers in stupid, careless ways just killed my enjoyment of Ultimate Marvel. I was done.

I'm curious but not overly excited.

Might as well give us an Ultimate Captain Britain. Let it be both the twins.

I'm waiting to see what it'll look like and how they'll be approaching it before I make any judgements.

I really enjoyed the later books Ultimate Comics: X-Men again. It was way too dark but still told an interesting intriguing storyline from Kitty becoming a revolutionary and building a new nation.

We got Black Hellion this year. Next year: Ultimate Hellion.

And maybe Magician can finally have a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Hope they include both Betsy and Kwannon.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I didn't like some of the personality changes but it started alright. I personally found Brian K Vaughan to be the best writer. Magnetic North was probably the best story arc.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

It's a new universe, so don't expect the same old Ultimate X-Men from Earth 1610.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Hope they include both Betsy and Kwannon.
    I think it would be fun to have a new relationship for them in this universe - sisters or something.