Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Not surprised there would be an X-book in the ultimate universe. I'd have to wait and see what the new Ultimate Universe looks like. If its like the first I'll probably pass.

I really hope Hickman writes Ultimate X-Men. That would be so dope. Also I hope they keep Logan a complete bastard like he was in the og UU. The way Millar and Bendis wrote Logan was great!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

its just gonna b mutant under existence threat, concentration camp, revolution, then mutant nation, then big massacre, then existential threat again, rinse repeat. They might do a school theme w/ mansion under attack thrown in

We already got enough of that in 616, why sloshed $$ 4 that?

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    its just gonna b mutant under existence threat, concentration camp, revolution, then mutant nation, then big massacre, then existential threat again, rinse repeat. They might do a school theme w/ mansion under attack thrown in

We already got enough of that in 616, why sloshed $$ 4 that?
    Thats freaking true.

Begin with ULTIMATE KRAKOA >: ( !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really hope Hickman writes Ultimate X-Men. That would be so dope. Also I hope they keep Logan a complete bastard like he was in the og UU. The way Millar and Bendis wrote Logan was great!
    The only way I see Hickman doing it is if he feels like he can do the story he originally intended to do with HoXPoX before editorial stepped in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    It's a new universe, so don't expect the same old Ultimate X-Men from Earth 1610.
    Which raises the question on why attach the Ultimate Universe name to it when it's not going to be direct continuation of an early 2000's re-imagining of established classic characters as egoistic jerks in a grimdark pseudo "realistic" take on the Marvel universe as was the style at the time?

What I liked about the ultimate verse as a concept was both the streamlining and modernization of stories and characters... and their X-Men line had some really interesting good ideas that were all horribly executed. I kept getting baited thinking each arc would be better than the last but it never got good. At best it was okay, so yeah might be cool to see a new take on the concept.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which raises the question on why attach the Ultimate Universe name to it when it's not going to be direct continuation of an early 2000's re-imagining of established classic characters as egoistic jerks in a grimdark pseudo "realistic" take on the Marvel universe as was the style at the time?
    To redo it. They updated 2099, New Universe, Squadron Supreme, KillRaven and more in the past before. However this New Ultimate Universe has more better known character brands to survive longer as imprint.

The new Ultimate Universe has potential, to get new readers, way less baggage and all other sorts of problems can be avoided.

Meanwhile 616 is a rotten old broken universe.

I'm just highly intrigued by this... why does Marvel think it's necessary at this juncture? Is it to pave the way for a rebooted MCU after Secret Wars? Or is it to just create a unique and different "Elseworlds" type universe where creators like Hickman can just go nuts and do whatever? In which case, could be fun, but will probably fizz out when he leaves the line. Especially if these creators take it far afield of the traditional 616 Marvel Universe.

To have real staying power, it's got to at least resemble the Marvel U we all know and love, just more streamlined and updated with a modern coat of paint. What does that "modern coat of paint" look like in 2023? Well, I guess that's what Hickman aims to show us.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm just highly intrigued by this... why does Marvel think it's necessary at this juncture? Is it to pave the way for a rebooted MCU after Secret Wars? Or is it to just create a unique and different "Elseworlds" type universe where creators like Hickman can just go nuts and do whatever? In which case, could be fun, but will probably fizz out when he leaves the line. Especially if these creators take it far afield of the traditional 616 Marvel Universe.

To have real staying power, it's got to at least resemble the Marvel U we all know and love, just more streamlined and updated with a modern coat of paint. What does that "modern coat of paint" look like in 2023? Well, I guess that's what Hickman aims to show us.

He should do something with the original Generation X
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-21-2023 at 06:56 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Thats freaking true.

Begin with ULTIMATE KRAKOA >: ( !!!
    They should open with Ultimate Karaoke instead. There’s nothing more light hearted and fun than Karaoke.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Branding/Marketing
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

It does not really matter, sales gonna get stale after awhile, so everyone gotta get massacred in the most brutal, stupid way possible ala ultimatum

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Ohh I hope is grounded and dark.

not a gore feast and weird, and Wolvie penis is the center of the UltX-universe
    Well, it's not like the original Ultimate X-Men comics set a high bar. So, here's hoping it's something less cringy and creepy than what we got with the last Ultimate Universe.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I would love that too. But since Hickman just finished writing X-Men, I think it's more likely that he'll write Ultimates or something like that.

Ultimate X-Men will probably go to someone else. Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone like Al Ewing wrote Ultimate X-Men. He's done good on other X-Books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.