Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Oh man... Ewing on Ultimate X-men? Don't get me excited, man.

Wonder if we'll hear something about these new Ultimate books this month?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh man... Ewing on Ultimate X-men? Don't get me excited, man.

Wonder if we'll hear something about these new Ultimate books this month?
    Probably October, maybe September. There's a one shot coming in November so that would be in the solicits this week. If the first Ultimate books come out in December they would be in the September solicits. I think they might delay releasing the new Ultimate books though so they can start off 2024 with something big and it will let them reveal the new universe at NYCC.

First X-Men comic I ever bought was Ultimate. Polaris and Havok vs Lady Deathstrike, I believe, drawn by Stuart Immonen. Lovely stuff

But yea, if I had to guess Ultimate will be the balls-to-the-wall wild X-book. And I don't think Hickman's doing it--he said that Marvel pays him the big bucks for super-projects, not monthly ongoings. Krakoa was probs an exception--he's an X-fan. Here, I think he either bounces after Invasion--a Cates joint, anyway--and focused on G.O.D.S. and whatever else he's cooking, or gives us 12 issues of ULTIMATES, tops.

now, i want them to have a wild lineup for ultimate X. How about:

Kamala Khan
    Blink
    Storm
    Colossus
    Scarlet Witch
    and
    Prof X (Cassandra Nova)

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Probably October, maybe September. There's a one shot coming in November so that would be in the solicits this week. If the first Ultimate books come out in December they would be in the September solicits. I think they might delay releasing the new Ultimate books though so they can start off 2024 with something big and it will let them reveal the new universe at NYCC.
    Since I'll be attending NYCC this year, I hope you're right. I'd love to be there when the full lineup of the new Ultimate comics are announced.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hope the Ultimate XMEN are not gore and morbid.

Ultimate Rogue needs to absorb another mutate that is not Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Cracked me up when they had 616 rogue suck up Wonder Man. Now that's no-waste, ecological storytelling lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post

Tbh I’d be shocked if she (or Gambit) even appear, considering how much Hickman utilized them (ie, didn’t).

But considering the title… suddenly I’m fine with them being treated like they don’t exist lmao. Steer them clear of the incest, pedophilia, cannibalism, and other early aughts edgelord vibes tyvm. Everyone else, bon appetit!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    First X-Men comic I ever bought was Ultimate. Polaris and Havok vs Lady Deathstrike, I believe, drawn by Stuart Immonen. Lovely stuff

But yea, if I had to guess Ultimate will be the balls-to-the-wall wild X-book. And I don't think Hickman's doing it--he said that Marvel pays him the big bucks for super-projects, not monthly ongoings. Krakoa was probs an exception--he's an X-fan. Here, I think he either bounces after Invasion--a Cates joint, anyway--and focused on G.O.D.S. and whatever else he's cooking, or gives us 12 issues of ULTIMATES, tops.

now, i want them to have a wild lineup for ultimate X. How about:

Kamala Khan
    Blink
    Storm
    Colossus
    Scarlet Witch
    and
    Prof X (Cassandra Nova)
    I'd be shocked if Wolverine and Cyclops are missing. I reckon it'll mostly be classic characters, but I can see Kamala being the new recruit through whom we learn about this new iteration of the team. Of course this version of Kamala would be 100% mutant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

The ultimate team should include the X-Men that died at the Gala-

Jubilee, Dazzler, Frenzy, Prodigy, and Cannonball.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    The ultimate team should include the X-Men that died at the Gala-

Jubilee, Dazzler, Frenzy, Prodigy, and Cannonball.
    Instead of cranking this nonsense out,what they need to is sit down and figure out exactly what it is they want to do with the books they already have.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I expected at least for Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimates to be part of the new line of books so no surprises there. It will be interesting to see if Jon Hickman will indeed be writing one of the books... I wonder, with him having already written the X-Men, the Avengers and the Ultimates, if he might end up on Spider-Man this time around? I was confident Donny Cates was a deadlock for it but given his recent misfortunes I don't expect him on any new books for the time being.

Regarding Ultimate X-Men, it will be fun to find out what a new Ultimate take on the concept will look like. With Hickman delivering the setup I'm reasonably confident it will be at least interesting, but then it will all be about the execution from whoever ends up writing the actual book. Hopefully we'll get to hear details and creative teams within the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would love that too. But since Hickman just finished writing X-Men, I think it's more likely that he'll write Ultimates or something like that.

Ultimate X-Men will probably go to someone else. Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone like Al Ewing wrote Ultimate X-Men. He's done good on other X-Books.
    I'd be very happy with Ewing on Ultimate X-Men, or Jed McKay, he is killing it right now on Avengers and Moon Knight.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I expected at least for Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimates to be part of the new line of books so no surprises there. It will be interesting to see if Jon Hickman will indeed be writing one of the books... I wonder, with him having already written the X-Men, the Avengers and the Ultimates, if he might end up on Spider-Man this time around? I was confident Donny Cates was a deadlock for it but given his recent misfortunes I don't expect him on any new books for the time being.

Regarding Ultimate X-Men, it will be fun to find out what a new Ultimate take on the concept will look like. With Hickman delivering the setup I'm reasonably confident it will be at least interesting, but then it will all be about the execution from whoever ends up writing the actual book. Hopefully we'll get to hear details and creative teams within the next couple of months.
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1704586229981802776

Jonathan Hickman’s Ultimate Invasion limited series spawns an entire new Ultimate Universe, complete with a new 'Ultimate Spider-Man' by Hickman and Marco @MChecC!

Get more details next month at #MarvelNYCC.

You nailed it! Perhaps news about an Ultimate X-Men title is around the corner.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

As a Spider-Man fan, Hickman and Checchetto are an amazing (no pun intended) creative team to have. Now bring on the goods on Ultimate X-Men as well, Marvel!!!

Really feeling like we are getting solicits tomorrow with everything they're hinting about for NYCC despite it being a month away which is probably when we'll get the X-Book info. Wonder who the creative team will be and obviously the universe's direction. Which office would the ultimate X-Book fall under?