Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Yeah thats pretty much when it started going bad Robert Kirkman was such a bad writer
    He said he was trying to capture the shock of New Mutants #100 when Stryfe removed his mask and the readers saw Cable behind that mask. I wish Liefeld would have finish this plot.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #1
    Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale March 6

Visionary creator Peach Momoko reinvents mutantkind for the Ultimate age! In Japan, when a young student named Hisako Ichiki develops armor powers, she discovers she’s a mutant—and she’s not the only one! Meet a new generation of mutants, filled with original and familiar X-Men characters. Together, they’ll learn what it means to be mutant in the Ultimate Universe as they explore their emerging powers and the startling ways they connect to folklore, legend, and magic!

“I am very honored to be a part of the new Ultimate Universe,” Momoko said. “I am very careful in delivering the unique X-Men mutant elements while still being true to my vision and voice."

"I am also very proud (and surprised) that I was given enough freedom from C.B. Cebulski and Jonathan Hickman to create a brand-new X-Men character," she shared. "It might not be the normal portrayal of a super hero…but I am excited to introduce everyone to a new chapter to my Momoko-verse.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Nah. This ain’t it. Maybe if an older Logan shows up to mentor these young mutants or something. Then I could maybe check it out. But this creator and concept so far do nothing for me. Sorry. I admire you trying something different at least, Jonathan. But this just ain’t it for me. Doubt I’m alone. Not sure this Nu Ultimate U is off to nearly as strong a start as the original.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-14-2023 at 01:40 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nah. This ain’t it. Maybe if an older Logan shows up to mentor these young mutants or something. Then I could maybe check it out. But this creator and concept so far do nothing for me. Sorry. I admire you trying something different at least, Jonathan. But this just ain’t it for me. Doubt I’m alone. Not sure this Nu Ultimate U is off to nearly as strong a start as the original.
    I haven't heard much of Cates works, but I wonder how different Hickman's version and Cates version are.

I'm with you on this one. I'm not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I haven't heard much of Cates works, but I wonder how different Hickman's version and Cates version are.
    I was hoping for Cates and Capullo on this. Featuring the real X-men. Sorely disappointed.

Oh well. I’m betting Capullo could be on something in the 616 related to the Breevort takeover of the X-line.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Well Armor was a PoV character in Whedons run, wasn’t she? She is one in this ultimate line. We still have no clue who the others will be.

Ill be cool that the Ultimate Prof X are Cassandra or David
    And the "Mags" Polaris or anyone Who is not Maga

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

ULTIMATE X-MEN #1
    Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale March 6

Visionary creator Peach Momoko reinvents mutantkind for the Ultimate age! In Japan, when a young student named Hisako Ichiki develops armor powers, she discovers she’s a mutant—and she’s not the only one! Meet a new generation of mutants, filled with original and familiar X-Men characters. Together, they’ll learn what it means to be mutant in the Ultimate Universe as they explore their emerging powers and the startling ways they connect to folklore, legend, and magic!

“I am very honored to be a part of the new Ultimate Universe,” Momoko said. “I am very careful in delivering the unique X-Men mutant elements while still being true to my vision and voice."

"I am also very proud (and surprised) that I was given enough freedom from C.B. Cebulski and Jonathan Hickman to create a brand-new X-Men character," she shared. "It might not be the normal portrayal of a super hero…but I am excited to introduce everyone to a new chapter to my Momoko-verse.”
    Props for going out of the box.

Will this be: "What If X-Men were a manga/anime?"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Does anybody know if that doll in the foreground of the cover has any cultural significance, because if not it sort of looks like Gentle and could be a clue he will be included. The three claw marks in the background suggest a Wolverine will be involved, but that's pretty much a given anyway.

Astonishing Member

I wonder about new versions of X-23 and Jimmy Hudson,

Meanwhile, I think this is brilliant. Peach Momoko is the most visionary creator at the Big Two at the moment. This is a huge win for the Ultimate Universe and the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I wonder about new versions of X-23 and Jimmy Hudson,
    The Ultimate Universe never introduced a X-23 if memory serves me right.

As for Jimmy Hudson. There doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for the character. Compared to Laura and Daken, he didn't seem to have a lot of stand out features or lasting appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Meanwhile, I think this is brilliant. Peach Momoko is the most visionary creator at the Big Two at the moment. This is a huge win for the Ultimate Universe and the X-Men.
    Indeed. Momoko has a unique style that nobody in the current business can replicate and Im happy that after her Demon Days series and cover work here and there she is getting a chance like this.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Indeed. Momoko has a unique style that nobody in the current business can replicate and Im happy that after her Demon Days series and cover work here and there she is getting a chance like this.
    If it won't last beyond 6 issues, at least one can expect them to look interesting.

Side note. The eyes in the backround are looking through 3 familiar looking slashes in some fabric. So a Wolverine-kin seems likely to appear.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-14-2023 at 03:43 PM.