Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Bendis has anything more left to say with Ultimate Spider-Man.
    As much as I love him, I agree. He wrote Pete for 12 years and around 200 issues.

I want a new vision, a new direction, and something that will last just as long.

I think the Ultimate Spider-man was very much a product of its time. I don't think you can recreate that. If there's another Ultimate Spider-man, I think it really needs to be a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I remember, right before his departure from DC, Bendis said in some podcast, that he had no particular desire to work with Big Two anymore.
    Yeah I think he’s burnt out on the Big 2. Bringing him back for an USM reboot would be a mistake anyway, the success of the original line came from letting new talent take big swings on Marvel’s big characters. Bendis has nothing left to say about Spidey.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I think he’s burnt out on the Big 2. Bringing him back for an USM reboot would be a mistake anyway, the success of the original line came from letting new talent take big swings on Marvel’s big characters. Bendis has nothing left to say about Spidey.
    He also didn't really leave both on good terms, especially DC + I'm sure he's tired of fans constantly hating everything he does. So, it's really unlikely he'll be back for this, and he indeed literally said everything he could about the character.

Yeah it's a new "Ultimate" universe, as the first one is Miles's domain now.

Astonishing Member

The original Ultimate Universe had some things that came out of the classic sketch: The Green Goblin was a hulking monster instead of a stupid mask, Harry became the HobGoblin, Peter got a female clone (which I think she could be Teresa's counterpart).... The animated Ultimate Spider-Man also got differences from the classic scheme: Harry becoming Venom, Mary Jane becoming Spider-Woman (although I would prefer her without Carnage), Spidey working with a team....

If they are going to try different stuff here too, I would welcome it, as long as they don't go "too further".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The original Ultimate Universe had some things that came out of the classic sketch: The Green Goblin was a hulking monster instead of a stupid mask, Harry became the HobGoblin, Peter got a female clone (which I think she could be Teresa's counterpart).... The animated Ultimate Spider-Man also got differences from the classic scheme: Harry becoming Venom, Mary Jane becoming Spider-Woman (although I would prefer her without Carnage), Spidey working with a team....

If they are going to try different stuff here too, I would welcome it, as long as they don't go "too further".
    Of those, I wouldn't want Spider-man working with a team. BUt I've never been a fan of team books.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    Of those, I wouldn't want Spider-man working with a team. BUt I've never been a fan of team books.
    The ultimate shock for all fans when ultimate peter comes back in highschool he's already dating a hero, but its basically ultimate version kamala as a mutant. That would be some funny ass headlines for a while.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    The ultimate shock for all fans when ultimate peter comes back in highschool he's already dating a hero, but its basically ultimate version kamala as a mutant. That would be some funny ass headlines for a while.
    Well, some people were kinda shipping them during their interactions in Season 2 of the Disney XD Spider-Man cartoon from 2017-2020.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    I can suddenly see them doing this. The internet isn't going to survive Marvel's Trolling. Its going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    I can suddenly see them doing this. The internet isn't going to survive Marvel's Trolling. Its going to go down.
    Honestly, I wouldn't object that much to a teen Peter and Kamala dating as an AU thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd also accept Chat as 6160 Peter's LI.

And Tobin could write it.

Actually just bring back Marvel Adventures Spider-Man already!

But in all seriousness, if you want to actually have a Peter Parker Spider-Man who's able to date new love interests and not have the shadow of OMD, this is your chance, Marvel.

Or just up and have a new Spider-Man entirely, go nuts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 1610 Peter immortal now?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think the Ultimate Spider-man was very much a product of its time. I don't think you can recreate that. If there's another Ultimate Spider-man, I think it really needs to be a new thing.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't 1610 Peter immortal now?

Agreed.
    yeah him and norman
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I'd also accept Chat as 6160 Peter's LI.

And Tobin could write it.

Actually just bring back Marvel Adventures Spider-Man already!

But in all seriousness, if you want to actually have a Peter Parker Spider-Man who's able to date new love interests and not have the shadow of OMD, this is your chance, Marvel.

Or just up and have a new Spider-Man entirely, go nuts.
    I hope they recollect the Marvel Adventures stuff at some point.