Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Default Ultimate Spider-Man Rebirth

Thanks to bleeding cool, it seems we’re getting a brand new Ultimate Spider-Man series for the relaunch of the Ultimate Universe :

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...black-panther/

What are you expecting and what are you hoping for?

I’d love to see Ultimate Peter Parker back, he’s my favorite Marvel character and I have fond memories of that blessed era when CBR had an Ultimate section where we had great discussions! Also, I really wanted to what he was doing with MJ after the Revival arc in Miles Morales : Ultimate Spider-Man #1-6.

That being said, I think this Spider-Man might be a brand new character (I don’t see Miles going back to 1610).

Really can’t wait to see what Marvel is cooking and it might be a good alternative to Wells’ ASM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Thanks to bleeding cool, it seems we’re getting a brand new Ultimate Spider-Man series for the relaunch of the Ultimate Universe :

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...black-panther/

What are you expecting and what are you hoping for?

I’d love to see Ultimate Peter Parker back, he’s my favorite Marvel character and I have fond memories of that blessed era when CBR had an Ultimate section where we had great discussions! Also, I really wanted to what he was doing with MJ after the Revival arc in Miles Morales : Ultimate Spider-Man #1-6.

That being said, I think this Spider-Man might be a brand new character (I don’t see Miles going back to 1610).

Really can’t wait to see what Marvel is cooking and it might be a good alternative to Wells’ ASM.

it's a separate ultimate universe. So more on the one we saw from the first issue and not 1610

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    it's a separate ultimate universe. So more on the one we saw from the first issue and not 1610
    Yeah but i'm honestly expecting half the time shenanigans to get reverted post this ultimate invasion event. At least it gives them a chance to redeem some of the more "questionable" elements of the ultimates line.

I don't expect it's going to be a straight up continuation of the original Ultimate Spider-Man but I don't think a revival will work without Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't expect it's going to be a straight up continuation of the original Ultimate Spider-Man but I don't think a revival will work without Peter Parker.
    It will be "A" Peter Parker so it depends really on who is tapped to write the series and the cast they'll use. With the spider-verse over the recent years it makes having an ultimate Spider-Man line just irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It will be "A" Peter Parker so it depends really on who is tapped to write the series and the cast they'll use. With the spider-verse over the recent years it makes having an ultimate Spider-Man line just irrelevant
    I'll be surprised if it's not a teen Peter book. That's really the only value I can think it can have.

Unless he's married .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be surprised if it's not a teen Peter book. That's really the only value I can think it can have.

Unless he's married .
    Yea, one of these two makes the most sense. Either go full Tom Holland Year 1 with it, or have it be og ultimate Pete all grown up.

IMHO, an out of left field swerve would be best. Miguel O'Hara?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love that Hickman has an imprint now. I might just follow it all.

If it's Ultimate Spider-Man I'd just use Miles. It was his starting point and it'd be fun to see more of him in that world.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Yea, one of these two makes the most sense. Either go full Tom Holland Year 1 with it, or have it be og ultimate Pete all grown up.
    Please guys.

Don’t give me hope.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

IMHO, an out of left field swerve would be best. Miguel O'Hara?
    I wouldn’t rule out it being a non Peter Parker Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I wouldn’t rule out it being a non Peter Parker Spider-Man
    I don't think we really need another one. That's pretty much Miles' main niche and they're not going to hit lightning in a bottle again.

Astonishing Member

Is this going to be a different "Ultimate Spider-Man" or are they going to continue the story of the original?

Honestly, considering all the cliffhangers left, I prefer they continue with the original Ultimate Peter Parker over a do-over again.

Only thing that could attract my interest is if they try different stuff like the previous comic and the animated series. You know, like making Harry Osborn Venom; or maybe make Mary Jane the Black Cat.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Is this going to be a different "Ultimate Spider-Man" or are they going to continue the story of the original?

Honestly, considering all the cliffhangers left, I prefer they continue with the original Ultimate Peter Parker over a do-over again.

Only thing that could attract my interest is if they try different stuff like the previous comic and the animated series. You know, like making Harry Osborn Venom; or maybe make Mary Jane the Black Cat.
    It's a new universe, Earth-6160. We aren't going back to Earth-1610.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I think Peter Parker makes sense from a marketing standpoint for USM

Imagine a reader who read USM in its prime (tens of thousands of readers). Imagine those readers, either falling off the book, seeing it to the end with Death of Spider-Man, or transitioning to Miles's book. Well, Miles's book is still there, so his fans are serviced.

what about the Peter Parker die-hards?

If you are going to appeal to nostalgia with a book titled "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN," you gotta lay out the carpet for those readers. Entice them back with their guy--however changed--on the cover.

If we are getting a brand new Ultimate Peter Parker, then why do you think Marvel hide him on the Ultimate Universe #1 cover ? Maybe a complete redesign of his suit ?