Extraordinary Member

Default Elden Ring vs. Dark Souls

Boy, Elden Ring sure is a great game. It's epic in narrative scope, game world and gameplay. I would love to toss the characters from it into a rumble and see how they do. But alas, the bosses have barely any useable feats at all to their names and the lore is intentionally vague. So they can't really be used in our style of vs. debates...

...unless I pit them against the developer's other main series with an equal lack of feats and vague lore. That's a brilliant idea and will definitely work. Nevermind that I know very little about Dark Souls and therefore don't know who would be the best thematic/lore based match-ups against the Elden Ring bosses. Let's do this.

So here are the main bosses of Elden Ring up against bosses picked from all over the Dark Souls games. They will all be as they are in their bosses battles, unless otherwise stated. Is it at all possible to figure out how these battles would go?

1. Godrick the Grafted (with his dragon arm) vs. The Gaping Dragon

2. Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon (at her peak as seen during the second half) vs. Dark Sun Gwyndolin

3. Starscourge Radahn vs. Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough

4. Morgott the Omen King vs. Velstadt, The Royal Aegis

5. Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy vs. Seath the Scaleless

6. The Fire Giant vs. Yhorm the Giant

7. Mogh, Lord of Blood vs. Queen Nashandra

8. Dragonlord Placidusax vs. Darkeater Midir

9. Malenia, Blade of Miquella vs. Slave Knight Gael

10. Malekith, the Black Blade vs. Sister Friede

11. Godfrey, First Elden Lord vs. The Nameless King (starts out with his dragon)

12. Radagon of the Golden Order vs. Prince Lorian and Prince Lothric

13. The Elden Beast vs. Soul of Cinder

How do these fights go? Which Elden Ring vs. Dark Souls boss match-ups would've been better choices?
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-25-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Yhorm and The Nameless King do okay. Everyone else gets blown out. Like, lorewise Radahn brutalizes pretty much everyone here but Malenia.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan