Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Olympia=Donna Troy is the Daughter of Jason Prince (Brother of Diana) and Thia Goddess of the Sun raised on Paradise Island by Queen Hippolyta and the Amazons to protect her from the Titans of Myth

Nubia=the Daughter of Antiope and an unknown Kryptonian raised by Queen Hippolyta after the death of her parents at the hands of Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What if she stole the powers to become Cheetah instead of being cursed?
    Enh, sorta works, even if just a different reason to get cursed. IE steal a relic that grants the power, but since she STOLe the relic instead of earning it....

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

What if she stole the powers to become Cheetah instead of being cursed?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, sorta works, even if just a different reason to get cursed. IE steal a relic that grants the power, but since she STOLe the relic instead of earning it....
    I think with Barbara, there have to be some drawbacks to the transformation. Stealing it can work if there are also negatives for her, like a mortal stealing power from a God can be overwhelming and drive them insane.

If we have Priscilla, her just stealing it without any drawbacks can be on the table because she's already dealing with an internal curse (her metal war between two personas). On the other hand, maybe Mafdet's power can be the source of her madness and she's more mentally competent before stealing it.

Either way you slice it, I think an actual Egyptian cat goddess playing a role in her power would help people take her more seriously. It's hard to explain she's a demigod with Urzkartaga because the lore isn't linked to any actual myth or folklore, the plant stuff is weird and convoluted, but everyone understands Egypt = cats

For the following, I'd like to adhere as close to Pre-Crisis Earth-1 as much as possible while bringing in some later elements

Donna and the Titans: the male Titans are imprisoned in Tartarus, while the female Titans lead by Rhea left Earth to travel the cosmos (save for Thia, who sided with the men and shared their fate). They found New Cronus, etc. Rhea rescues doomed children on 12 planets from across the galaxy and imbues them with Titan Seeds and divine names before depositing them at safe locations. Donna (rescued from the fire) is the only one with a name but is given the secret name "Troy," and Rhea delivers her to Themyscira for Hippolyta to raise. Donna subconsciously knows the name Rhea gave her, so chooses "Donna Troy" as her alias when she lives in Man's World on her own. This preserves as much of her pre-Crisis and post-Crisis origins and adventures as possible: she is raised from an infant by Hippolyta, becomes Wonder Girl soon after Diana becomes Wonder Woman, she joins Starfire, Raven and the Amazons in battling Hyperion and the Titans, Lilith is still Thia's daughter, and Donna gains a power up and new allies when later learning of New Cronus.

Cheetah: I'm always torn between having one Cheetah or preserving both Priscilla and Barbara. If the latter, Priscilla would be the first Cheetah and would have her Alex Ross design. When Priscilla is killed in one of the conflicts, Diana soon meets and befriends her niece, Dr. Barbara Minerva (the daughter perhaps of a much older sister of Priscilla. Priscilla is the aunt, but could be the same age or even younger than Barbara. I don't think Priscilla's vanity could handle Barbara calling her "auntie"). Barbara's Rebirth origin would be in place, set up by Veronica Cale and Dr. Cyber, but should piss off Mafdet by pillaging a sacred tomb and get cursed. As a way to keep WW busy, maybe Dr. Cyber could secretly coordinate a conflict between Diana and Kobra as a nod to that group's role in turning Deborah into the Cheetah?

Silver Swan: Let's just straight up bring Helen Alexandros back.

Paula von Gunther: A high ranking member of the SEAR group using the codename "the Baroness", who answers directly to Deception, Greed and Conquest. She is a brainwashed super soldier, and her "sidekick" Mavis is secretly her handler. When Diana helps to break her conditioning and appeal to her better nature during a climactic conflict with SEAR, she brings Paula to live with the Amazons to continue her rehabilitation and deprograming. Gerta could be part of the organization as well and they are eyeing her to follow her mother's path, but Diana and Paula are able to bring her with them to Themyscira.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-04-2023 at 02:54 PM.

You know... if it's a world where there WAS a JSA, and Hippolyta was the JSA WW.... you could have Priscilla as the Cheetah opposing the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You know... if it's a world where there WAS a JSA, and Hippolyta was the JSA WW.... you could have Priscilla as the Cheetah opposing the JSA.
    I think that happened after Byrnes retcon.

I don't like Hippolyta as WW or Diana being part of the JSA (unless she's on Earth-2). Diana should debut in the modern age of heroes, so if we have two Cheetahs, Priscilla can just show up there like she vaguely did in the Bronze Age before Deborah took over (Barbara in the updated version).

May I ask how Apollo is more fitting for Cassie?
    Apollo is the God of sunlight, archery, healing, disease, truth and prophecy. He is also the brother of the Goddess Artemis whose Roman name Diana uses. Artemis also represents the moon. If Apollo is the father of Cassie then there is a nice constellation theme with Diana representing the moon, Donna representing the stars and Cassie representing the sun. Even visually, Cassie with her bright yellow hair and shades of red and blue, generally looking 'sunnier' in contrast to Donna who has naturally dark hair and wears black.

Apollo is also famous for manipulating his sister into accidentally murdering her giant boyfriend; Orion. He can serve as a trickster mentor and sometimes antagonist for not just Cassie but also the Wonder Family and the Goddesses. Not outright evil but willing to do fucked up **** out of the best of the intentions. After all, he also represents truth; an important theme in the WW mythos and he is known to be the 'averter of evil' (also contrasts with Ares). Apollo being an archer also presents power up potential for Cassie and will help make her unique from the other WW Fam.

Apollo being her father also preserves Ares role as guardian in Cassie's life. Only, instead of siblings, he is just looking out for his niece.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I think it's possible for the other Cheetah's to have a role in the mythos but powered by other big cats instead. After all, why should Uzkartaga be the only one to grant people cat powers?

Priscilla Rich: She gains the power of the leopard. Leopards are fierce hunters, they have even adapted to urban areas in India where they come out at night to hunt prey.

Deborah Domaine: She has the power of the jaguar. The latter is known to be the more ferocious and aggressive of all big cats and great hunters too. This fits Deborah's post brainwashed personality.

Sabestian Ballestros: I would give him the power of the tiger. Tigers are the biggest of all big cats. Sebastian noticeably was taller and wider than any previous Cheetah so giving him the power of the tiger feels fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Apollo is the God of sunlight, archery, healing, disease, truth and prophecy. He is also the brother of the Goddess Artemis whose Roman name Diana uses. Artemis also represents the moon. If Apollo is the father of Cassie then there is a nice constellation theme with Diana representing the moon, Donna representing the stars and Cassie representing the sun. Even visually, Cassie with her bright yellow hair and shades of red and blue, generally looking 'sunnier' in contrast to Donna who has naturally dark hair and wears black.

Apollo is also famous for manipulating his sister into accidentally murdering her giant boyfriend; Orion. He can serve as a trickster mentor and sometimes antagonist for not just Cassie but also the Wonder Family and the Goddesses. Not outright evil but willing to do fucked up **** out of the best of the intentions. After all, he also represents truth; an important theme in the WW mythos and he is known to be the 'averter of evil' (also contrasts with Ares). Apollo being an archer also presents power up potential for Cassie and will help make her unique from the other WW Fam.

Apollo being her father also preserves Ares role as guardian in Cassie's life. Only, instead of siblings, he is just looking out for his niece.
    When you put it like that, I can see it working. Though I'm not too sure about the archery idea since Artemis has the Bow of Ra and there is potential overlap.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-05-2023 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Apollo also once got into a fist fight with Superman... and lost. Eris... acted like she wanted Superman's company all night....
    Last edited by marhawkman; 09-05-2023 at 08:48 PM.

When you put it like that, I can see it working. Though I'm not too sure about the archery idea since Artemis has the Bow of Ra and there is potential overlap.
    I don't that's a road block, it just means that Artemis can show Cassie a thing or two about handling mystic bows.

Even though she has the bow of Ra, Artemis has almost always been depicted as an up close mid-close range fighter who uses a a staff or sword most of the time.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I must say the idea of Apollo being the father of Cassie is a great idea..so I doubt DC will ever use it. I am sorry. lol. It is also a way to get Cassie into the Olympian identity (which seriously DC....DO IT).
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

I strongly don't want Cassie to have an Olympian identity. I liked it when she asked for her powers. Wanted something and pursued it, rather than being born to it. I also prefer her father's lineage not her defining factor - especially it making her powerful/able to be a hero, while the mom who raised her is less significant. Oh, and good-mom Helena, if a bit focused on Cassie being a "traditional" success/high achiever (straight As, pushing her toward an advanced degree, etc.)

I do prefer Donna raised by Amazons, but also prefer her not have a close relationship with Diana (which she didn't, at first) as I prefer her more independent of Diana (differentiating her from Dick or Roy or Garth), with instead Hippolyta being her strong influence. But I also prefer Diana not debuting until after Superman. So there's no way it works, and I'll have to compromise somewhere.

I like Etta as young, like the college student she originally was, at first. Diana's besty in man's world. Not military.

Vanessa is great, but as a civilian. If she must become Silver Swan, she is healed/rescued and goes on to have a wonderfully happy ordinary life.

Steve - something akin to original or rebirth or most versions. Crashes on the island. Brave, strong, intelligent, heroic, and attractive. And not insecure or intimidated by the fact that Diana can accomplish things he never could, but admiring of her (though not worshipful).

No Jason.

Diana is made from clay. She is not blessed by the gods (I know that's old, but not my thing), but rather is just like all the other Amazons, who all have super strength, etc.. She wins the competition - it's important to me that Diana is best of them, but still one of them. I think making her blessed or the child of a god takes away from that, because then it's not by her own effort, but rather that superiority was a gift/inheritance and they never stood a chance. I don't like Diana being "other" to them.

Amazing Member

To shake things up:

Themiscyra is actually a computer simulation inhabited by AIs from the future who are very dedicated LARPers. They use Android bodies to interact with the physical world. Diana is still Hippolyta's daughter, just not in a fleshy way.

Helena Sandsmark is a Tolkien-style elf from a powerful lineage. Cassie gets her powers from her.

Donna Troy, thanks to a time travel incident, is her own daughter. She inherited her own powers.

Artemis is a nerd from a town in Australia, and used comic book science to turn herself into a superwoman. The Bana, who are actual Human Amazons, have agreed to keep this a secret, since she has promised them a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I strongly don't want Cassie to have an Olympian identity. I liked it when she asked for her powers. Wanted something and pursued it, rather than being born to it. I also prefer her father's lineage not her defining factor - especially it making her powerful/able to be a hero, while the mom who raised her is less significant. Oh, and good-mom Helena, if a bit focused on Cassie being a "traditional" success/high achiever (straight As, pushing her toward an advanced degree, etc.)

I do prefer Donna raised by Amazons, but also prefer her not have a close relationship with Diana (which she didn't, at first) as I prefer her more independent of Diana (differentiating her from Dick or Roy or Garth), with instead Hippolyta being her strong influence. But I also prefer Diana not debuting until after Superman. So there's no way it works, and I'll have to compromise somewhere.

I like Etta as young, like the college student she originally was, at first. Diana's besty in man's world. Not military.

Vanessa is great, but as a civilian. If she must become Silver Swan, she is healed/rescued and goes on to have a wonderfully happy ordinary life.

Steve - something akin to original or rebirth or most versions. Crashes on the island. Brave, strong, intelligent, heroic, and attractive. And not insecure or intimidated by the fact that Diana can accomplish things he never could, but admiring of her (though not worshipful).

No Jason.

Diana is made from clay. She is not blessed by the gods (I know that's old, but not my thing), but rather is just like all the other Amazons, who all have super strength, etc.. She wins the competition - it's important to me that Diana is best of them, but still one of them. I think making her blessed or the child of a god takes away from that, because then it's not by her own effort, but rather that superiority was a gift/inheritance and they never stood a chance. I don't like Diana being "other" to them.
    Donna being independent and having a close relationship with Diana aren't mutually exclusive.