Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nubia: I think her current origin should stay. I don't like the idea of more musical chairs but with character backstories involving WW characters. Nubia being the daughter of Phillipus and Hippolyta is something I've seen brought up and something I'm supportive of. I think there is a case to be made that you can split the different versions of Nubia into separate characters, kind of like how Orana and Artemis are functionally the same but ultimately separate characters and now they both co exist in the same narrative.

Diana: Restore the clay origin.

Donna: Funny, I remember coming up with and suggesting the idea of her being an orphan being rescued from a shipwreck by young Diana but I have seen the same idea brought up here or and in other places. Maybe I should go get my tin foil hat.

Cassie: Daughter of Helena Sandsmark and Apollo. I made the case before but I think Apollo is a more thematically fitting for Cassie both for herself and as a character in the WW mythos.

Artemis: Does she even need a backstory? I feel like you can have her around without needing to delve into her backstory. Though if she were to have a backstory, it could certainly be better than what they recently came up with. Artemis should be of Middle Eastern descent, imo. I would find a way to connect to Iah, the Egyptian Moond Goddess and maybe a real life Egyptian Princess (I think there was talk about that in another thread).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I like the idea of Diana and Nubia being twins created from clay by Hippolyta as she originally, only now include Phillipa in the story as the second mother.
    Donna's origin is so messed up I'd be afraid to mess with it any more. I did have the idea in the 90s when Hippolyta was in the JSA that Hippolyta could be Donna's real birth mother. That does tie her back to the Amazons, and she was originally just Diana as a teenager. For those reasons I think I'm the only one who liked the Dark Angel origin.

Just give everyone their original origin back. Except for maybe Nubia, since she hasn't been Diana's twin for decades at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nubia: I think her current origin should stay. I don't like the idea of more musical chairs but with character backstories involving WW characters. Nubia being the daughter of Phillipus and Hippolyta is something I've seen brought up and something I'm supportive of. I think there is a case to be made that you can split the different versions of Nubia into separate characters, kind of like how Orana and Artemis are functionally the same but ultimately separate characters and now they both co exist in the same narrative.

Diana: Restore the clay origin.

Donna: Funny, I remember coming up with and suggesting the idea of her being an orphan being rescued from a shipwreck by young Diana but I have seen the same idea brought up here or and in other places. Maybe I should go get my tin foil hat.

Cassie: Daughter of Helena Sandsmark and Apollo. I made the case before but I think Apollo is a more thematically fitting for Cassie both for herself and as a character in the WW mythos.

Artemis: Does she even need a backstory? I feel like you can have her around without needing to delve into her backstory. Though if she were to have a backstory, it could certainly be better than what they recently came up with. Artemis should be of Middle Eastern descent, imo. I would find a way to connect to Iah, the Egyptian Moond Goddess and maybe a real life Egyptian Princess (I think there was talk about that in another thread).
    May I ask how Apollo is more fitting for Cassie?

For Cassie could always have her be the daughter of Helena and Dionysus~
    [cassie dionysus.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

Yara: She should have been born and raised in Brazil. As with Artemis, not every character needs to have roots in the US. Her story would remain mostly the same, but instead of travelling to the Esquecida from the US, she'd have lived her life in a large Brazilian city like Manaus, Sao Paulo or Rio before discovering her connection to the Esquecida tribe.
    I don't have a problem with Yara being raised in USA. It's easier for the American writers cuz I know they don't know anything about Brazilian culture. Just focus on the fictional stuff like her creator did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Giganta - just have her be a freakin' gorilla who was evolved into a woman. It's what Marston did with her, and that campy absurdity works best when embracing it. If that's out of the question, then just have her be a big buff woman who can grow and works as a mercenary. You don't need to have some grandiose origin or motivation for this iconic character.
    The turning a gorilla into a giant woman sounds like some Doom Patrol nonsense.
    Just having her be a metahuman is kinda boring tho and I rather save the getting her powers from a god thing to Cheetah so I honestly not sure what I would do.
    "Cable was right!"

Why not just make her a giant in the mythical/fairy tale sense?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Id make her the Ariel (TLM) of the Wonderverse.

Gorilla longing to be human. Encounters Circe who takes pitty on her and turns her human with amazing abilities. Gig wants the finer things in life and is jealous of WWs seemingly "perfect life"

Diana - Back the Perez version of her clay origin, please.

Hippolyta - Perez version, please.

Donna - Infant from Patriarch’s World rescued by Diana and brought to Themyscira to be raised by Hippolyta and the Amazons. Obtains her powers through the machinations of [REDACTED.] One of the founders of the Teen Titans.

Nubia - The winner of the first contest of the Amazons and leader, adventurer and protector of Themyscira from beyond Doom’s Doorway when it was first being constructed. Eventually reborn through the Well of Souls and eventually takes on the role of Queen of the Themysciran Amazons.

Lyta Trevor - Daughter of an alternate universe’s Diana and Steve Trevor. Resides on this Earth after chasing and stopping [REDACTED] here. Joins the Wonder family and becomes a member of Infinity Inc.

Artemis - Greatest warrior and champion of the Amazons of Bana Mighdall.

Cassie - Demigod daughter of a Helena Sandsmark and [REDACTED.]

Yara Flor - No origin changes.

Achilles Warkiller - Reincarnated spirit and skills of the legendary her Achilles.

Wonder Boy - [REDACTED] joins the Wonder family after the events of the [REDACTED] invasion and defeat of [REDACTED] and [REDACTED.] Member of the team: [REDACTED.]

Ferdinand - Minotaur ally rescued by Diana, Steve and Etta from the labyrinth.

Steve Trevor - Close friend, ally and sometimes paramour of Diana. The first man to visit Themyscira and whose fate is often intertwined with Diana’s.

Etta Candy - One of Diana’s best friends and closest confidants. Heiress to a vast fortune and holdings, she often gets swept up in Diana and Steve’s adventures and missions.

Siegfried - Better known as Siggy, the reborn warrior and dragon slayer of myth and a great friend, companion and ally to Diana, Steve and Etta.

Barbara Minerva - A fearless and diabolical adventurer, archeologist, mythologist and anthropologist who is cursed with the ferocious and cunning alter ego of the Cheetah.

Huh, Hippolyta is not one I thought of.
    I suppose when it comes to her, I prefer the 'Daughter of Ares' origin, as it adds an interesting angle to her opposition of the war god.

Mine is Wonder Tot: Diana should finally get her own 5th dimensional Imp in the form of Wonder Tot. Think of all the amazing stories we could get out of that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Cheetah - scrap Urzkartaga and replace him with Mafdet, Egyptian goddess of justice, judgment, and execution who was associated with cheetahs. I like the feminist angle of Diana helping Barbara overcome Urzkartaga's curse, but I think using a legitimate god from an ancient culture would make for a more compelling origin. And since Athena is usually one of Diana's main patrons, it adds for some interesting potential plots about what constitutes justice and judgment.

Giganta - just have her be a freakin' gorilla who was evolved into a woman. It's what Marston did with her, and that campy absurdity works best when embracing it. If that's out of the question, then just have her be a big buff woman who can grow and works as a mercenary. You don't need to have some grandiose origin or motivation for this iconic character.

Diana - I'd revise her origin back to her original one to cut the stain of Zeus out of her. She doesn't need a dad, dude.
    Yes to Mafdet. Urzkartaga residing in the deep jungles never made much sense for a Cheetah goddess. Might as well use an actual Egyptian goddess already associated with the animal.

Do Egyptian gods have the tendency to dish out curses the way the Greek ones do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Mine is Wonder Tot: Diana should finally get her own 5th dimensional Imp in the form of Wonder Tot. Think of all the amazing stories we could get out of that.
    The Cloonrad run already established that at the end of issue 778

Cheetah - scrap Urzkartaga and replace him with Mafdet, Egyptian goddess of justice, judgment, and execution who was associated with cheetahs. I like the feminist angle of Diana helping Barbara overcome Urzkartaga's curse, but I think using a legitimate god from an ancient culture would make for a more compelling origin. And since Athena is usually one of Diana's main patrons, it adds for some interesting potential plots about what constitutes justice and judgment.

Diana - I'd revise her origin back to her original one to cut the stain of Zeus out of her. She doesn't need a dad, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes to Mafdet. Urzkartaga residing in the deep jungles never made much sense for a Cheetah goddess. Might as well use an actual Egyptian goddess already associated with the animal.

Do Egyptian gods have the tendency to dish out curses the way the Greek ones do?
    What if she stole the powers to become Cheetah instead of being cursed?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-29-2023 at 08:46 AM.