Default Marvel Dracula vs Doctor Octopus

Marvel Dracula vs Doctor Octopus

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I figure Dracula can pretty easily play keep-away with mist form and weather manipulation his way to success here.

It's also a thing that his body pretty much shrugs off damage from metal weapons and so forth. Ock's arms aren't made of silver, so....

I kind of get why they had him fight Colossus, because Piotr can't really hurt him at all, but having him physically overpower a guy who can carry an SR-71 up from the bottom of the ocean was weird.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I figure Dracula can pretty easily play keep-away with mist form and weather manipulation his way to success here.

It's also a thing that his body pretty much shrugs off damage from metal weapons and so forth. Ock's arms aren't made of silver, so....

I kind of get why they had him fight Colossus, because Piotr can't really hurt him at all, but having him physically overpower a guy who can carry an SR-71 up from the bottom of the ocean was weird.
    Pretty much this. Dracula's confrontation with Thor in the 1980s implies Dracula would struggle to summon lightning while in mist form. But that may have been a weakness made up for that story. If I cared enough to look over old Tomb of Dracula comics, there are probably stories where he summons lightning just fine while in mist form. Still, I also think he could use the mist form to get far enough away and then summon lightning- and that's against four lightning rods. Plus his resistance to metal.

True that taking a hit from Colossus makes sense because metal. But not being sent flying and actually overpowering him is another matter.
    Power with Girl is better.

Spectacular Member

Anyway, couldn't Marvel Dracula just mind control Doc Ock and... game over.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Anyway, couldn't Marvel Dracula just mind control Doc Ock and... game over.
    Quite possibly. I don't know what his limits are, but certainly he has managed it on all manner of characters.

Basically Doc isn't winning this one. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Quite possibly. I don't know what his limits are, but certainly he has managed it on all manner of characters.

Basically Doc isn't winning this one. ^_^
    In "Tomb of Dracula", he mind controlled crowds of normal people with ease but other normal people- meaning nothing superhuman about them- resisted him. Once he went from his own comic to regularly interacting with super beings, his mind control underwent a huge boost.
    Power with Girl is better.