Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Is anyone discussing that CBR might not have any editors left?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Wow, that's sick.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I just saw about this on Dextero. Pretty depressing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm sure it will be fine. If they replace all the writers with bot regurgitated drivel they can just replace all the readers with bots too!
    Surely that's a healthy, long term direction to take a website. Surely.

I wonder if this means the message board will disappear. So many already have. That said, from the perspective of the owners, it is pretty cheap.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I wonder if this means the message board will disappear. So many already have. That said, from the perspective of the owners, it is pretty cheap.
    I hope not I love this place and have met some good people here.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hope not I love this place and have met some good people here.
    Absolutely.

This is one of the last "geek" message boards that is still relatively "sane".

Newsarama used to have a very active community but since its acquisition is dead. Same with Comicvine.

The level of articles has fallen to unreadable, and almost no Comic Book news on Comic Book Resources. Look like it wioll become all recurgitated AI crap.
    If every article everywhere is AI, who goes out and gets the real information for AI to steal?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I only come here for the forum nowadays.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The level of articles has fallen to unreadable, and almost no Comic Book news on Comic Book Resources. Look like it wioll become all recurgitated AI crap.
    If every article everywhere is AI, who goes out and gets the real information for AI to steal?
    *puts on tin foil hat* The ones who want to control what the people know.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm sure it will be fine. If they replace all the writers with bot regurgitated drivel they can just replace all the readers with bots too!
    Surely that's a healthy, long term direction to take a website. Surely.

This is exactly what I think of all these business owners and their AI produced slop. Bot writers and bot readers. It's an internet unliveable for actual humans.

I think Brian Cronin is the only writer left on CBR that's worth half a damn, but even then a lot of his more recent stuff has had the feel of somebody being forced to meet soulless corporate requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This is a problem for AI. It can get into a doomsday loop by copying AI-generated material.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think Brian Cronin is the only writer left on CBR that's worth half a damn, but even then a lot of his more recent stuff has had the feel of somebody being forced to meet soulless corporate requirements.
    I've thought that since before I actually joined here, and that was a bit ago. Regardless, I don't do social media because I don't like the exact format. But message boards have always been my substitute for social media, and one I enjoy. It's just what works for me. Apart from this one for comics at least, I don't know of too many other boards that still exist.