BANNED

Default Is there potential for a Kraven ongoing diving into the decades before he first

Fought Spider-Man (rest of headline)

Reading the Lost Hunt reminded me that thanks to the sliding timeline of the Marvel Universe, Kraven has literally decades of unexplored history thanks the jungle potions extending his life.

I think there is potential for this to be explored

Marvel might go for it if the movie is a hit. It might be a bit of a continuity nightmare to tie him to specific historic periods, even if he ages slowly.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

That could prove interesting. I'm usually stand offish with books starring villains and typically just wonder why would they publish that character as an on-going. And grumble about them not publishing some character I like like Spectre.

But Kraven... that would be potentially interesting to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    That could prove interesting. I'm usually stand offish with books starring villains and typically just wonder why would they publish that character as an on-going. And grumble about them not publishing some character I like like Spectre.

But Kraven... that would be potentially interesting to me.
    Kraven has an oddly big amount of adjasent characters with all his kids, Calipso, Chameleon and all that stuff.

What was Kraven up to during WW2? What would he- a man who lost his country as a child to the Reds- think of a Man like Captain America who wears the flag of another nation on his chest. Could Kraven's iconic Lion Jacket be interpicted as him finding his own nation and people in the wild. There is a lot of meat for a long running title for this.

Pequels work when done well

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The thing about Kraven is he actually has lots of potential for stories before Spider-Man.

In his first appearance he was already a world-renowned big game hunter with ties to (then) international super spy The Chameleon. There's plenty to delve into there, even before we get to all the later additions like the kids, the Russian aristocracy upbringing, etc.

I'd definitely give it a shot.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Kraven has an oddly big amount of adjasent characters with all his kids, Calipso, Chameleon and all that stuff.

What was Kraven up to during WW2? What would he- a man who lost his country as a child to the Reds- think of a Man like Captain America who wears the flag of another nation on his chest. Could Kraven's iconic Lion Jacket be interpicted as him finding his own nation and people in the wild. There is a lot of meat for a long running title for this.

Pequels work when done well
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    The thing about Kraven is he actually has lots of potential for stories before Spider-Man.

In his first appearance he was already a world-renowned big game hunter with ties to (then) international super spy The Chameleon. There's plenty to delve into there, even before we get to all the later additions like the kids, the Russian aristocracy upbringing, etc.

I'd definitely give it a shot.
    I forgot all about his connection to Chameleon. Geez with the WWII and Russian connections... I really want this book now. And there might be some Sgt NIck Fury stuff that could be thrown in... (The original Nick Fury is another character I like)

BANNED

I forgot all about his connection to Chameleon. Geez with the WWII and Russian connections... I really want this book now. And there might be some Sgt NIck Fury stuff that could be thrown in... (The original Nick Fury is another character I like)
    There was that Avengers 1959 mini series that had OG Nick assimbling a team to hunt down Nazi's with Kraven and Sabertooth as members. So there is already a connection between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    There was that Avengers 1959 mini series that had OG Nick assimbling a team to hunt down Nazi's with Kraven and Sabertooth as members. So there is already a connection between the two.
    Well that went under my radar. Back issues to buy.

BANNED

A pity that Marvel wouldn't allow for it to run that long. I kinda just want to do a pitch bible for it just to see how many stories I can think of for it and try to sell it to Marvel. Or so I can just repurpose it as a creator owned title.

Back in ye olde days of yore, Jungle Adventures were actually a rather popular genre in comics.

It's be more than easy to put Kraven into those kind of stories.