Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Here's the thing though...going by the BC images...even if you had to use your inhuman powers to help, whythefuck would you show out in that particular costume? She could have thrown together some random pieces from various non-mutant supers or she could have just done her thing in her civvies and hide her face with her scarf...anything but that.

She clearly didn't read the entire globe, over the past 10 weeks...or she deliberately chose to not listen to anything anyone else had to say about the current status of Mutants. That's some rather shitty, stupid writing of someone who's supposed to be smart. Plot contrivance is one thing but...Make it make sense.

Emma: Don't reveal yourself. You died and you're a mutant.

one hour later...

Kamala: I'll reveal myself wearing a costume with a big X on it, what's the worst that can happen?
    She probably didn't have the ability to get her other costume, wherever it is. The issue of her showing up in a costume with a bunch of X's is brought up and she tries to rationalize it though. So its not so bad.

Extraordinary Member

I will not argue that the use of the costume was a questionable choice (for a few reasons) but it allowed the story to shortcut a few things that were going to happen and may as well have happened sooner than later so things can move along. It is a limited series and I would rather more happen than less.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"It's all I've got" and "I'll be quick" (seriously? while she stands there talking to the Alien?) are not good in-story rationalisations considering everything she's been warned about. Sure she saved the ungrateful humans but outed herself and now she can't actually do the mission she was tasked with, would she still be able to attend her classes? (Stay tuned to find out)...typical new mutant story I guess...Like I said, plot contrivance but not really plot-smart.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-30-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I had fun with this, it was cute. I'll keep up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I had fun with this, it was cute. I'll keep up with it.
    Same here. A little light on action but a fun story.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    She probably didn't have the ability to get her other costume, wherever it is. The issue of her showing up in a costume with a bunch of X's is brought up and she tries to rationalize it though. So its not so bad.
    She likely hadn't replaced it yet - it will have been destroyed when she died, there'll be a big rip in the back where she was stabbed and the mask is missing because Peter kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "It's all I've got" and "I'll be quick" (seriously? while she stands there talking to the Alien?) are not good in-story rationalisations considering everything she's been warned about. Sure she saved the ungrateful humans but outed herself and now she can't actually do the mission she was tasked with, would she still be able to attend her classes? (Stay tuned to find out)...typical new mutant story I guess...Like I said, plot contrivance but not really plot-smart.
    She can still do her mission - Orchis knows Ms. Marvel is on site, but they don't know Kamala Khan is Ms. Marvel. They're going to be cursing when they realise she's the same girl who took down Roxxon from the inside back in Outlawed!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    The brainwashing was to wipe away the memory of Kamala's death and to protect her secret identity.

There was no need to wipe away the memory of Ms. Marvel's death, superheroes die and return regularly anyway.
    Well, Bruno definitely forgot. Anyone who knows her secret identity should indeed still know she's died, but that's apparently not the case. Which makes it odd that a random student still remembers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-30-2023 at 01:59 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did any other mutants appear we had not seen after the Gala?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nope, just the x-men roster and Omega Sentinal.

Also, I'm guessing the guy at the end of her dream sequence is this "Doctor Surfer" the issue 3 solicit mentioned. I wonder if he's connected to the Infinity Warps universe. Emma did briefly mention her and Kamalas involvement in Infinity War in Hellfire Gala and it was a Duggan book so I wouldn't be surprised if he had the idea to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She likely hadn't replaced it yet - it will have been destroyed when she died, there'll be a big rip in the back where she was stabbed and the mask is missing because Peter kept it.
    Peter keeping the most important part lol. Didn't MJ take the bracelets too?

She can still do her mission - Orchis knows Ms. Marvel is on site, but they don't know Kamala Khan is Ms. Marvel. They're going to be cursing when they realise she's the same girl who took down Roxxon from the inside back in Outlawed!
    Ms. Marvel showing up is bad news for Orchis because I don't think any of the heroes (minus Blob) are siding with them. Her being a mutant is probably good for them since it discredits her in the public.

Well, Bruno definitely forgot. Anyone who knows her secret identity should indeed still know she's died, but that's apparently not the case. Which makes it odd that a random student still remembers.
    I agree that she probably just wiped Kamala's death and not Ms. Marvel's. I haven't paid attention to ASM or Fallen Friend, was her death confirmed? I wonder if it might just be a situation where people assumed she died but she didn't or her death was maybe explained away with some other superhero shenanigans. There are a couple of other people who say she could be a clone or an evil twin, so I don't think its just the one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nope, just the ones from the preview as that's the only time they're in it, other than a dream sequence at the beginning.

I liked it. This is basically Ms Marvel - How I Spent My Summer Vacation.

Will be interesting to see if the weird dreams she's having are going to be tied to her latent X-Gene.

I imagine they will be. She had a dream during her terrigenesis, involving her meeting several heroes... then woke up shapeshifted into Carol's form. Perhaps she'll wake from one of those nightmares using a power she didn't know she had? Putting a protective forcefield around herself maybe, if the powers will be the same as in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Peter keeping the most important part lol. Didn't MJ take the bracelets too?

I agree that she probably just wiped Kamala's death and not Ms. Marvel's. I haven't paid attention to ASM or Fallen Friend, was her death confirmed? I wonder if it might just be a situation where people assumed she died but she didn't or her death was maybe explained away with some other superhero shenanigans. There are a couple of other people who say she could be a clone or an evil twin, so I don't think its just the one person.
    Since Bruno knows Kamala's secret identity, if he knew Ms. Marvel died, he'd still know Kamala died. He did forget Ms. Marvel died. And yeah, he shouldn't have.

Both ASM and Fallen Friend state that Ms. Marvel is dead (the only ones in ASM who explicitly say Kamala died are Peter Parker and Norman Osborn, both of whom learned her identity when she died), but Fallen Friend says Kamala Khan was just missing, presumed dead... the X-Men will have taken her body away before her secret identity could be identified. Her parents didn't want to believe she was dead, though perhaps they realised when Peter introduced himself and said she was his hero, in past tense.

The bracelets on Jackpot's costume do look like Kamala's, but it seems to be her power gizmo repainted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-31-2023 at 01:03 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe her mutant power will just be some useless dreamwalking thing so it doesn’t actually alter her as a hero that fundamentally, like how Miles got the venom blast but Peter could already punch you through a truck.

I imagine they will be. She had a dream during her terrigenesis, involving her meeting several heroes... then woke up shapeshifted into Carol's form. Perhaps she'll wake from one of those nightmares using a power she didn't know she had? Putting a protective forcefield around herself maybe, if the powers will be the same as in the MCU.

Since Bruno knows Kamala's secret identity, if he knew Ms. Marvel died, he'd still know Kamala died. He did forget Ms. Marvel died. And yeah, he shouldn't have.

Both ASM and Fallen Friend state that Ms. Marvel is dead (the only ones in ASM who explicitly say Kamala died are Peter Parker and Norman Osborn, both of whom learned her identity when she died), but Fallen Friend says Kamala Khan was just missing, presumed dead... the X-Men will have taken her body away before her secret identity could be identified. Her parents didn't want to believe she was dead, though perhaps they realised when Peter introduced himself and said she was his hero, in past tense.

The bracelets on Jackpot's costume do look like Kamala's, but it seems to be her power gizmo repainted.
    Hmm, probably just some editorial miscommunication then. I don't see how someone would've avoided the mind wipe but now else seems surprised or shocked about that.

I'll not comment on the story. Clearly, it's a teen readers' book and not my cup of tea.
    But I don't understand why the editorial made it part of Fall of X.
    It has nothing to do with the dark and desperate moment mutants are facing.

It was brilliant!

Kamala and Bruno feels!