Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Jean Grey 2 Preview Logan with Phoenix Force

Chang's art is slamming, and I'm interested to see this. I don't think we're seeing just Wolverine, though, but we'll see!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Ha. This looks crazy. I love it. Not as crazy as the Astonishing Spider-man & Wolverine mini where he first got the Phoenix, and also invented beer apparently. But crazy nonetheless.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This storyline is confusing to me.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So solicit for that issue says it’s not what if and it will break jean and scott up.

Yeha probably jogan affair. And jean leaving Scott for Logan (probably because of Phoenix)
    Last edited by Braxxer; 08-25-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    So solicit for that issue says it’s not what if and it will break jean and scott up.

Yeha probably jogan affair. And jean leaving Scott for Logan (probably because of Phoenix)
    I have a feeling more than one X-Man will host Phoenix in this issue, including Scott.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Haven't they said that the series isn't a what if but the first issue already was?

I hope so. Would love to see single Jean for awhile. Maybe still "friends with benefits" arrangement with Logan, but not a serious relationship at this stage. Scott meanwhile should get back with Emma. Yes, I know she's marrying Tony Stark, but that's an arrangement. Let Scott cuck someone for a change, and let it be that douche Stark. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I have a feeling more than one X-Man will host Phoenix in this issue, including Scott.
    That's my reading, as well. I have a feeling this issue will lead to sort of a new iteration of the Phoenix Five, but it'll end just as disastrously as it did in Avengers vs. X-Men. Because splitting the Phoenix Force doesn't make it easier to control. It just makes it more unstable. And I think it'll reveal to Jean that if she wants to fix things, she can't keep avoiding the Phoenix Force. There's a reason it keeps calling out to her. There's a reason it's drawn to her. We saw that in Phoenix Resurrection. And I think the Phoenix will play a role whenever Jean comes back in Immortal X-Men.

That's my current theory. But a lot can change over the course of the next three issues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Technically I think it's not a what if...it's Jean visiting different timelines seeing what could have been if different roads were taken by her and without her. So Jean seeing what would have been if she had done things differently, so it is a what if in that sense, but one that will have ramifications as Jean comes out the other side in whatever form they give her (I'm thinking she regains the Pheonix as she should.)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Maybe someone can help me understand this. But, why is it that Wolverine in some alternate Universe or some other Story Arc he is able to house the Phoenix. This is what the 3rd time he's had this Bird? I would think the Bird would go for Scott more Or grab Storm since she's a Psionic user and possess her.

It was to my understanding that only people with Powerful Psionic Energy can possess the Phoenix. So, why Wolverine.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Maybe someone can help me understand this. But, why is it that Wolverine in some alternate Universe or some other Story Arc he is able to house the Phoenix. This is what the 3rd time he's had this Bird? I would think the Bird would go for Scott more Or grab Storm since she's a Psionic user and possess her.

It was to my understanding that only people with Powerful Psionic Energy can possess the Phoenix. So, why Wolverine.
    Depending on what lore you're reading anyone can host it.
    Wolverine was Old Man Phoenix in that Thor future. We've also had Echo most recently

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope so. Would love to see single Jean for awhile. Maybe still "friends with benefits" arrangement with Logan, but not a serious relationship at this stage. Scott meanwhile should get back with Emma. Yes, I know she's marrying Tony Stark, but that's an arrangement. Let Scott cuck someone for a change, and let it be that douche Stark. Ha.
    Oh look another misogynistic Scott fan who is okay with Scott dating Emma and jean but is mad when jean dates Scott and Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

Because... he's Wolverine? There's really no other explanation for why the bird would even want him. But, to be fair, it also wanted Hope who is not a psychic per se, rather she's a power mimic. So maybe it's drawn to the characteristics of the person almost as much as, if not more, than their raw power?

Oh look another misogynistic Scott fan who is okay with Scott dating Emma and jean but is mad when jean dates Scott and Logan
    Ha. You got me wrong, bud. Not a Scott fan. And I'm okay with all of it. The throuple, foursome, whatever. I just find Jean and Scott's interactions like watching paint dry, so wouldn't mind them going their separate ways. That's all. Don't read more into it than that. Oh, and I also think Tony Stark is a smug douche. In case that wasn't clear.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-25-2023 at 08:28 AM.