Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Storm nearly froze Magneto to death in that battle too, but she held back(because she has sworn not to kill). So she was the most effective that battle. And she ended up saving everyone again by breaking out of those restraints, and picking everyone else's locks too.

#mvp
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm nearly froze Magneto to death in that battle too, but she held back(because she has sworn not to kill). So she was the most effective that battle. And she ended up saving everyone again by breaking out of those restrains, and picking everyone else's locks too.

#mvp
    Thank you for posting this because I was just earlier today trying to remember which issue it was when Storm used her cold on Magneto and it actually backfired and made his magnetic powers stronger, because I couldn't remember if it was this fight in the volcanic base or the first one against him on Muir Island. I love that Magneto even notes that had she not held back, she would have defeated him, but it was ultimately her respect for the sanctity of life that was used against her.

I know Jean is not the most interesting character.
    But this series being a lot of What If... collected is very disappointing.

Reexamining this issue without addressing Storm is a choice. Storm literally discovered she could control the solar winds in the issue before, and yet they act like only Jean could possibly survive the, checking my notes, solar storm.

That old What If was silly though. Storm wouldn't need the Phoenix to land a space shuttle in her atmosphere. She has flown inoperable airplane/craft with her winds even as a barely manifested child(circa Uncanny 267 with Gambit), barely regaining consciousness(Uncanny 150), she could do it fully focused, and not kill everyone but Logan(which happened in that What If, even with the Phoenix Force).

But whatever, it's Jean's story, so no one else can be competent. TAS was wise to have Storm not be on that shuttle at all....
    All of this. But like I bolded, it's Jean's story so what common sense stuff should happen won't if it screws up the plot.

But just a reminder, Marvel knew this point made no sense which is why they removed it in Classic X-Men #7. But it has been reestablished time and time again that Solar Winds are under Storm's control...

So like you said, ignoring Storm again in this is a choice.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Some of you should examine why you think, or behave as if you think, there can only be one powerful X-Woman and that they must necessarily be at competition. It's so tired and catty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Some of you should examine why you think, or behave as if you think, there can only be one powerful X-Woman and that they must necessarily be at competition. It's so tired and catty.
    Ahh, I see you haven't changed. Still lacking basic reading comprehension.

Please, point where it's said there only has to be 1? Or it's a competition? We're only pointing out the glaring plot hole in this.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Silence! Only Jean can be awesome. Nevermind glaring plot holes that have been apparent for decades!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Reexamining this issue without addressing Storm is a choice. Storm literally discovered she could control the solar winds in the issue before, and yet they act like only Jean could possibly survive the, checking my notes, solar storm.

That old What If was silly though. Storm wouldn't need the Phoenix to land a space shuttle in her atmosphere. She has flown inoperable airplane/craft with her winds even as a barely manifested child(circa Uncanny 267 with Gambit), barely regaining consciousness(Uncanny 150), she could do it fully focused, and not kill everyone but Logan(which happened in that What If, even with the Phoenix Force).

But whatever, it's Jean's story, so no one else can be competent. TAS was wise to have Storm not be on that shuttle at all....
    Ever wondered why that particular Sentinel screamed like that or why Ororo thought she killed a living being?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-25-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Silence! Only Jean can be awesome. Nevermind glaring plot holes that have been apparent for decades!

Clearly.

Like what part of what was said felt like an attack on Jean? I'm genuinely curious because nothing either of us said was a slant at Jean in the slightest but hear come the barks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    In a Jean solo no less. Especially since this is her first after 60 years of publication (not counting Jeen here).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Ahh, I see you haven't changed. Still lacking basic reading comprehension.

Please, point where it's said there only has to be 1? Or it's a competition? We're only pointing out the glaring plot hole in this.
    I am well-read and quite perceptive. We need only look at the title of the book/thread in contrast to certain post contents and...the defense rests, your honor.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They should give it to Bonita Juarez and Bonita only.

Attachment 134297
    Yup. Been thinking this for decades.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Clearly.

Like what part of what was said felt like an attack on Jean? I'm genuinely curious because nothing either of us said was a slant at Jean in the slightest but hear come the barks.
    That's kind of being disingenuous. While yes Storm being able to control solar winds is a good character moment for her It's also completely irrelevant to bring up and complain about, especially in a thread about a Jean Grey miniseries that's only 4 issues long.

Like why even bring it up knowing the type of reaction you're probably going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They should give it to Bonita Juarez and Bonita only.

Attachment 134297
    Wasn't the original plan for Firebird to somehow connect to the Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wasn't the original plan for Firebird to somehow connect to the Phoenix?
    Yes, yes it was.

"Bonita received a fiery visitor on the night of Jean Grey's death" (on the moon).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!