Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Because... he's Wolverine? There's really no other explanation for why the bird would even want him. But, to be fair, it also wanted Hope who is not a psychic per se, rather she's a power mimic. So maybe it's drawn to the characteristics of the person almost as much as, if not more, than their raw power?
    Two series spoke about how the Phoenix reacts poly to negative emotion. What if RAFOSE and Warsong but that would be countered by AvX where Scott represses his emotion this that should also react badly but he was fine with it for the most part

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Depending on what lore you're reading anyone can host it.
    Wolverine was Old Man Phoenix in that Thor future. We've also had Echo most recently
    Lol, whatever i'm not going to lose sleep over it. Thanks for the Explanation.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

We'll learn soon enough that Jean unconsciously imbued others with her essence (Phoenix) for various reasons. 👠
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We'll learn soon enough that Jean unconsciously imbued others with her essence (Phoenix) for various reasons. ��
    That would be amazing.

I'm not feeling the design of Phoenix Wolverine here or those AU timeline costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Depending on what lore you're reading anyone can host it.
    Wolverine was Old Man Phoenix in that Thor future. We've also had Echo most recently
    Ugh. Yeah and the Phoenix 5, including Namor.
    Phoenix has turned into the deus ex machina village bicycle.
    Watch everyone take it for a spin!
    Meanwhile: Dr Doom feels last picked for dodgeball.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-25-2023 at 09:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Haven't they said that the series isn't a what if but the first issue already was?
    Where did they say the series isn't a What If?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So with this second issue it seems Louise is really throwing everything Phoenix for a loop with Phoenixrine. Interesting, I guess? It was cute with Jeen in the first issue but now.....enh! It's amazing how quickly I just lost interest.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The second solicit said its not a what if. Maybe I just took it to mean the whole mini wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    In a couple of the actual solicits, which is why there's a theory Jean is creating and burning away these timelines.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The second solicit said its not a what if. Maybe I just took it to mean the whole mini wasn't
    Oh, I missed that. Interesting. Maybe there will be something in the final issue that makes it technically not What If somehow.

Of course, could just be marketing speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Because... he's Wolverine? There's really no other explanation for why the bird would even want him. But, to be fair, it also wanted Hope who is not a psychic per se, rather she's a power mimic. So maybe it's drawn to the characteristics of the person almost as much as, if not more, than their raw power?

Ha. You got me wrong, bud. Not a Scott fan. And I'm okay with all of it. The throuple, foursome, whatever. I just find Jean and Scott's interactions like watching paint dry, so wouldn't mind them going their separate ways. That's all. Don't read more into it than that. Oh, and I also think Tony Stark is a smug douche. In case that wasn't clear.
    I think Greg Pak, Jason Aaron, Hickman, etc prove that the Phoenix wants whatever character the writer wants it to want and reasons are too hard. lol
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-25-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So with this second issue it seems Louise is really throwing everything Phoenix for a loop with Phoenixrine. Interesting, I guess? It was cute with Jeen in the first issue but now.....enh! It's amazing how quickly I just lost interest.
    same....I instantly lost interest in the series. Now it really feels like a boring old What If...series....

The solicit for this issue juxtaposed with what we've seen of the preview makes it clear this issue isn't going to be simply focused on Logan hosting Phoenix:

THE DARKEST PERIOD IN JEAN GREY’S HISTORY! The Dark Phoenix has haunted Jean Grey since it emerged from Jamaica Bay. But what if the Phoenix had chosen…someone else? The love story of Cyclops and Jean Grey is one of the most beloved in Marvel Comics’ history. Now witness a legendary creator break their hearts – and their minds. But this is no “what if.” Jean Grey is not where she is meant to be…and neither is the rest of mutantkind. Stunning secrets will be revealed as Jean Grey lays the groundwork for her next shocking appearance in “Fall of X”!\
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...an_grey_2023_2

That Wolvereonix shot of him with all the spikes and the blaze - it kinda reminds me of the Phoenix Five, and how they all favored a specific aspect of the bird - like some used the wings more, some used the talons, some used beak... I could get behind Wolveroenix as the talons of the Phoenix.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In a couple of the actual solicits, which is why there's a theory Jean is creating and burning away these timelines.
    Are we really going with burning away timelines? Viewing perhaps but burning away means destroying entire timelines and trillions of lives which is why Bishop was blacklisted for so long.

At least HCT the reality itself was sick. This is like burning away something cause you didn't like the outcome. As if 6 billion Vegetables weren't enough.

Phoenix Gun, Sword and firefly need to make an appearance
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-25-2023 at 10:44 AM.