Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Titans - Beast World: Waller Rising

BATWING, VIXEN, VAL-ZOD SUPERMAN, AND BLACK MANTA MUST STOP DR. HATE! The Kingdom, a mystical and metaphysical realm, sits at the nexus of the Parliaments. A formidable new adversary, Dr. Hate, emerges with intentions to corrupt both the Kingdom and the Parliament of the Red in the pursuit of chaos. Batwing, Vixen, Val-Zod Superman, and Black Manta are thrust together in a desperate fight for survival. They must learn to cooperate to thwart Dr. Hate’s destructive plans before The Wicked Entity can devastate this unique plane, which represents a collective consciousness. This consciousness unifies the Red, Green, Rot, Clear, Melt, Metal, and Grey into a harmonious realm of peace. In their struggle against Dr. Hate, these heroes and villains also face the task of unraveling how Amanda Waller’s rise is entwined with the ongoing crisis. The saga features guest appearances from Nubia, Dr. Mist, Red Tornado, Dead Eye, and more!
    been pretty uninterested with DC/comics in general lately but this tie-in really intrigues me. it reminds me of this pitch I tossed out a while ago for The Kingdom as an African based justice league-esque team, which was part of a larger pitch about the rise of multiple Justice League level teams all over the world; but i digress. the team is predominantly African, between Vixen, the David Zavimbe Batwing, as well as Manta and Nubia's recent ties to the continent; curious to see what Chuck Brown does in this one-shot and I hope it gets a follow up.

my question to y'all, what would you name this team? me I'm banking on this being a new iteration of The Kingdom from Batwing's 2011 series
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

They should replace Manta with Jackson.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

been pretty uninterested with DC/comics in general lately but this tie-in really intrigues me. it reminds me of this pitch I tossed out a while ago for The Kingdom as an African based justice league-esque team, which was part of a larger pitch about the rise of multiple Justice League level teams all over the world; but i digress. the team is predominantly African, between Vixen, the David Zavimbe Batwing, as well as Manta and Nubia's recent ties to the continent; curious to see what Chuck Brown does in this one-shot and I hope it gets a follow up.

my question to y'all, what would you name this team? me I'm banking on this being a new iteration of The Kingdom from Batwing's 2011 series
    Yeah, I'm going to be checking this out as well. Not often that you get black/african heroes teaming up. The Kingdom is a nice name, but I wonder if many would find that a generic name. The villain being Dr. Hate and the team being all african descendant made me wonder if this is going to be a racial conflict, but I've been dying to see more black heroes saving the world.

On the other hand I'm glad you back if only briefly. Loved hearing your Ideas on black/african characters. Did you hear that Wallace has a mini coming out?

I'd call them the Vanguard.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm curious as to why Val-Zod is here, he's not of this universe. Would rather they used someone else...Black Lightening, Bronze Tiger....granted none of them have the power VZ has, but I am sure they could have found someone else. (just not a fan of the character.) I love the other choices though.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This is an an interesting idea, just wish Manta isn't here.

The author does not have a history of writing him well. Should have brought his son instead.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Am I the only one mildly irritated by this? Whenever they do the "All black team" I'm reminded
    of how they did the "negro leagues" in sports 100 years ago.
    I'm not desperate enough to see black faces, to pay for something like this. Not to mention.
    I'm curious as to why Val-Zod is here, he's not of this universe. Would rather they used someone else...Black Lightening, Bronze Tiger....granted none of them have the power VZ has, but I am sure they could have found someone else. (just not a fan of the character.) I love the other choices though.
    1000% Wts ... this is 2 fold.
    A. Gotcha its a "meme dream team", but If were so desperate for a goddamn reddish <S> on the team why didn't you just USE STEEL? There are some great redesigns for him and its not even a big deal but Alt-U superman is just a reach. I
    Its a LOT less irksome if you're not doing an obvious reach.
    and
    B. Trinity Desperation. DC is terrible in the way that they want to JUST Stick with the formula of the trinity OVER,OVER, OVeroveroveroveroverover... and over again. I mean really diversify the bonds here, please. If we HAD to use and A-U character Jackson KING would have been so much more interesting. Damn.

Lastly... how creative and on the nose is Doctor Hate

*sigh* pathetic
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

Val-zod is black but not of african origin like the others.
    He is kryptonian.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Val-zod is black but not of african origin like the others.
    He is kryptonian.
    Reminds me of the martian manhuter "You chose the alien that looked like you" or something like that.

He was Bloodstone for a while but it looks he should have just been a superman with dark skin. The lols
    that would have been had if he just came to earth as a black guy all along.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Reminds me of the martian manhuter "You chose the alien that looked like you" or something like that.

He was Bloodstone for a while but it looks he should have just been a superman with dark skin. The lols
    that would have been had if he just came to earth as a black guy all along.
    Bloodwynd. 90s flavor.
    But count me among the ones uninterested in Val-Zod. Little of interest has been made with him.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Bloodwynd. 90s flavor.
    But count me among the ones uninterested in Val-Zod. Little of interest has been made with him.
    Bloodwynd could have been interesting...if he had been created by anybody besides Dan Jurgens and his ability to make everything blander than vanilla. But revealing that he was a mind-controlled J'onn J'onzz posing as Bloodwynd, then showing that there was a real Bloodwynd but not doing anything to actually make the real Bloodwynd interesting...*facepalm*.

Hell, my 30-year theory that "Bloodwynd" would somehow be revealed as "Red Tornado" was better, and it sucked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

This looks intriguing!

This is the one tie-in I'm most excited about, tbh. And it's also very intriguing to see Black Manta there, what is he cookin?

Astonishing Member

This will the first time since how long since David Zavimbe was a thing? And as Batwing, too.

Trying to slam my wallet through the screen so I can get this now ! I hope they finally find a take on Val that works, he’s got a cool backstory with an excellent design (seriously how good is that costume) but he never seems to take. Hopefully we can see more of Jackson and Jace as well here. And that’s Wallers nephew with them as well correct? He’s got a great design as well, and any relative of Waller is automatically interesting to me. Let’s go.