Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't understand is why any Titans are mentioned in all these tie ins..I think that they have to show a lot of future menbers and spin off Titans teams.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Am I the only one mildly irritated by this? Whenever they do the "All black team" I'm reminded
    of how they did the "negro leagues" in sports 100 years ago.
    I'm not desperate enough to see black faces, to pay for something like this. Not to mention.

1000% Wts ... this is 2 fold.
    A. Gotcha its a "meme dream team", but If were so desperate for a goddamn reddish <S> on the team why didn't you just USE STEEL? There are some great redesigns for him and its not even a big deal but Alt-U superman is just a reach. I
    Its a LOT less irksome if you're not doing an obvious reach.
    and
    B. Trinity Desperation. DC is terrible in the way that they want to JUST Stick with the formula of the trinity OVER,OVER, OVeroveroveroveroverover... and over again. I mean really diversify the bonds here, please. If we HAD to use and A-U character Jackson KING would have been so much more interesting. Damn.

Lastly... how creative and on the nose is Doctor Hate

*sigh* pathetic
    Why are you upset? It's not like a black team forms every other weekend. They can't form a team together? What other moment does this happen under DC comics that isn't during black history month? The only thing I agree with is this new Dr. Hate villain.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    This is the one tie-in I'm most excited about, tbh. And it's also very intriguing to see Black Manta there, what is he cookin?
    The writer Chuck Brown has been trying to do a hero arc for Black Manta, portraying him as a genuinely mournful and regretful guy who wants to become a better man.

Assuming this is Brown still doing his intended stuff for the character after the cancelled Aquamen comic.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Why are you upset? It's not like a black team forms every other weekend. They can't form a team together? What other moment does this happen under DC comics that isn't during black history month? The only thing I agree with is this new Dr. Hate villain.
    Irritated. Its because a black team forming should have sensible members. So you can tell that someone put less that zero effort with this.
    Its not that "Omg not a another all minority team", its "Another jerkoff sat down and said Lets make an all black team! We'll just palette swap the justice league!"
    Which is honestly miserable.
    Remember Secret 6 and how good that book was? Or how Guardians of the Galaxy became suuuuch an overall successes comparative to the popularity of the characters at that time?
    Same. Take some character that at least make narrative sense vs... "We are teh justice league, b..b..b...Black!" Its lame.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This will the first time since how long since David Zavimbe was a thing? And as Batwing, too.
    I was enjoying that book, but dropped it when they transferred the mantle to yet another person in Gotham. David had a unique set up.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Val-zod is black but not of african origin like the others.
    He is kryptonian.
    ion think anyone said he was. the team is predominantly comprised of African characters/characters with canon African roots, not entirely; Vixen, Batwing, Nubia, Black Manta being the characters with said roots and making up 4/6 members of this group i.e a majority, hence why I said predominately in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They should replace Manta with Jackson.
    because I'm so into the Africana bend the cast has going on and I really like Manta here following his series; plus I've been a fan of Manta since his stint on the suicide squad so I'm happy to see him in almost any capacity. I think I would've liked Jackson on here if DC had brought Jackson into that side of his heritage, but even then I feel like Manta just feels more interesting here as a wild card on the team. I know it's unpopular with more traditional fans but I really like the idea that Manta is more nuanced and complex than just a villian when he's removed from Aquaman and his hatred of Arthur. I would like David to stay cold and malicious but that does mean he has to be SO cartoonishly evil that he is incapable of fighting for the greater good, its a something most great villains have done; from Lex Luthor to Vandal Savage to Dr. Doom to Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to be checking this out as well. Not often that you get black/african heroes teaming up. The Kingdom is a nice name, but I wonder if many would find that a generic name. The villain being Dr. Hate and the team being all african descendant made me wonder if this is going to be a racial conflict, but I've been dying to see more black heroes saving the world.

On the other hand I'm glad you back if only briefly. Loved hearing your Ideas on black/african characters. Did you hear that Wallace has a mini coming out?
    appreciate that man, I still pop in here and there to check the temperature on certain books. I actually did hear about the Wallace and Avery mini, it sounds like it could be a big move for both of them. I like that DC has continued giving minis/limited series for more underserved characters and are (thus far) sticking with building this era of DC around the Titans' generation, i really hope this tie-in follows the trend on both accounts.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ion think anyone said he was. the team is predominantly comprised of African characters/characters with canon African roots, not entirely; Vixen, Batwing, Nubia, Black Manta being the characters with said roots and making up 4/6 members of this group i.e a majority, hence why I said predominately in the OP.
    I replying to another post about the african origin thing.

Shockingjustice quote-
    Yeah, I'm going to be checking this out as well. Not often that you get black/african heroes teaming up.
    To be fair the post did said black/african,so looking back(i read it more carefully this time) i should have not reply or posted about it.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-04-2023 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    because I'm so into the Africana bend the cast has going on and I really like Manta here following his series; plus I've been a fan of Manta since his stint on the suicide squad so I'm happy to see him in almost any capacity. I think I would've liked Jackson on here if DC had brought Jackson into that side of his heritage, but even then I feel like Manta just feels more interesting here as a wild card on the team. I know it's unpopular with more traditional fans but I really like the idea that Manta is more nuanced and complex than just a villian when he's removed from Aquaman and his hatred of Arthur. I would like David to stay cold and malicious but that does mean he has to be SO cartoonishly evil that he is incapable of fighting for the greater good, its a something most great villains have done; from Lex Luthor to Vandal Savage to Dr. Doom to Thanos.
    I'm fine with a nuanced Manta who isn't always out for Aquaman's blood, I just wasn't convinced by the writing in his mini or the Aquamen series where it felt like they just didn't quite capture how much of a stone-cold killer and boss he should be or how he 90% just cares about himself.

If they write him more like that and less like he was in Aquamen where they were trying to force him too hard into being an anti-hero, I'll be fine. He should not really get along with any of these other heroes.

This should feel like Deathstroke whenever he's forced to work with the heroes.