Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't recall Emma ever displaying telekinetic powers aside from that one time Jean possessed her body during Whilce Portacio's run?

Shhh... Emma Frost fans are absolutely convinced that she is every bit the Telepath/Telekinetic that Jean Grey is if not better.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-28-2023 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Shhh... Emma Frost fans are absolutely convinced that she is every bit the Telepath/Telekinetic that Jean Grey is if not better.
    Oh wow I totally did not recall this. I fear it's gone the way Emma's origin as told around that same Generation X period has LOL

LMAO! Too funny.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Are the Emma Frost fans saying that in the room with us?

Anyway, yeah, that's the issue I was alluding to.

So it's not that far fetched for Xavier to also have some limited TK as well. Although this is more of a no-prize answer. In reality I think Hickman just gave him TK because otherwise Xavier is pretty much useless in a fight against a machine, and he needed to be able to do something against Nimrod and Omega Sentinel.

Xavier has had pseudo-TK manifestations since the original run. They would call it 'psycho blasts' or whatever, but he was able to move things/effect physical things with his mind several times. Hickman turned it up to an 11 with that precise TK dismantling, but the seeds were there from the start.

cainxaviercar1.jpg

cainxaviercar2.jpg

profxtk.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-28-2023 at 09:52 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

profxtk2.jpg

Second part from Scott's origin. Protecting himself from tons of rubble.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    That's been the case since the Mutant Massacre, except nobody ever mentions it aside from Chris Claremont. Although one could say her natural state has reverted back to normal after the giant bullet incident since it doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.
    Aaaahhhh I see. I could see them going that route. I just WISH the X- office would pick a lane and stick with it

Where in that book did that ever say that was the reason Kitty cant go through the gates?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where in that book did that ever say that was the reason Kitty cant go through the gates?
    the book says she is a proto-mutant, the gates only work w/ mutant species dna

Unglaublich!

I'd personally like to see Kitty revealed as being a Neo, as per X-Men Declassified. I know that they were essentially just a Claremont construct to showcase some weird and wonderful powers (Gatling the Living Gun, anyone?) but I thought they had potential until Mags wiped them out almost entirely. It'd be a good explanation of her inability to use the gates until now, and a nice tie-in to some very old "continuity."

Re Jean using TK whilst in Emma's body: surely Emma must have some sort of TK potential or Jean shouldn't have been able to access and use TK whilst in her body? her mind transferred, not her mutant gene. Otherwise, it'd be like Scott mind-swapping with Jean and using his optic blasts via her body.

It didn’t lol

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

In New Mutants #7, Sam Guthrie says it will be nice to use the gate in his house to visit his family on Earth.

Dani is also shown in both the mini series (suggesting she is a "proto mutant" too) and crossing the gates.

Whatever proto-mutant means in the context of the mini series, it's not the reason why Kitty can't use the gates, or Sam and Dani wouldn't be able to use them either.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 08-30-2023 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    So you are making an assumption about her? Got it. And the gates dont only work on mutants. Baseline humans can go through the gates. Kitty wasnt able to go through them at all.

Astonishing Member

So you are making an assumption about her? Got it. And the gates dont only work on mutants. Baseline humans can go through the gates. Kitty wasnt able to go through them at all.
    I feel the main problem with figuring out or understanding why the Gates work or don't work on her is that, if memory serves me right, they never bothered or intended to explain how they work in first place. Just like everything about Krakoa Hickman snapped them into existince and have them work perfectly seemingly so the mutants can do what he wants them to do for the story at the start (without need to rely on previous buildup).

All we can discern is that they create dimensional "shortcuts" without travel time between places and function via techno-organic material Krakoa developed from Warlock's body.

The simplest reason for Kitty not being able to use the gates could therefor have simply been that a hidden safety mechanism locked her out because her powers, which are known to harm technology, could potential disrupt them (compare the safety mechanisms of the gates in The Expanse). Hence being automatically on the same list as "uninvited" people. In turn Orchis could have simply reversed that safety mechanism, accidently giving Kitty the "okay" label in turn.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-30-2023 at 05:45 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    Damn. Where's the sauce?
    "Cable was right!"