Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I am gently holding the Spider-Fam campaign to the standards it has outlined for itself.
    Chatter here isn't necessarily part of the campaign.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Was that an actual campaign?

Or was it backlash/negative feedback to that particular change in the books?

I would argue that Marvel, as a whole, was not fully onboard with that change, making it easier to backtrack when it wasnÂ’t well received. How long could it really last for the main character to be a blonde male answering to Ben Reilly? It wasnÂ’t likely to last.

That would seem different from the Spider-girl effort to keep it from cancellation.
    Why yes, it was an organized fan campaign. Thank you so much for asking!

"Bob Kunz, a 21-year old Duke University student, angrily formed an email group called "The Spider-Man Expatriates." About 120 members strong, the group has been promoting a boycott of any comic book that endorses the notion of Benjamin Reilly as Spider-Man."

Later on, the article says, "Instead -- in an even more shocking revelation -- the fan backlash has killed off the plot. After only three months on the job as Marvel's editor in chief, Bob Harras has decided to shake up the Spider-Man followers again. "We are right now developing a story line where we are going to put Peter Parker back into a Spider-Man costume," Mr. Harras says. "We listen to our fans, and our fans have spoken."

Oh! A Tangled Web:.jpg

I have to say, all this insistence on a "positive" campaign makes me think Perch had it right when he claimed that several creatives have pitched Marvel on how to undo One More Day and Marvel knows the story would sell lots of comics, but Marvel doesn't want "those fans" to win and be even more entitled than Marvel thinks they think they are. Start watching around 11:52.

So much for listening to fans...
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 11-04-2023 at 10:55 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member

Good luck with your positive campaign and efforts to reduce negativity.

Astonishing Member

I appreciate Bob Harras as EiC of Marvel now more than ever!
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 11-04-2023 at 10:41 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Good luck with your positive campaign and efforts to reduce negativity.
    Much appreciated, Lee!

We might not all see eye to eye with you on the campaign and on how to show our positive support, but regardless, I really do hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

"Bob Kunz, a 21-year old Duke University student, angrily formed an email group called "The Spider-Man Expatriates." About 120 members strong, the group has been promoting a boycott of any comic book that endorses the notion of Benjamin Reilly as Spider-Man."

Later on, the article says, "Instead -- in an even more shocking revelation -- the fan backlash has killed off the plot. After only three months on the job as Marvel's editor in chief, Bob Harras has decided to shake up the Spider-Man followers again. "We are right now developing a story line where we are going to put Peter Parker back into a Spider-Man costume," Mr. Harras says. "We listen to our fans, and our fans have spoken."

Oh! A Tangled Web:.jpg

I have to say, all this insistence on a "positive" campaign makes me think Perch had it right when he claimed that several creatives have pitched Marvel on how to undo One More Day and Marvel knows the story would sell lots of comics, but Marvel doesn't want "those fans" to win and be even more entitled than Marvel thinks they think they are. Start watching around 11:52.

Wow, I hadn't heard about that story before!

Why yes, it was an organized fan campaign. Thank you so much for asking. I have to say, all this insistence on a "positive" campaign makes me think Perch had it right when he claimed that several creatives have pitched Marvel on how to undo One More Day and Marvel knows the story would sell lots of comics, but Marvel doesn't want "those fans" to win and be even more entitled than Marvel thinks they think they are. Start watching around 11:52.

So... Marvel picks and chooses when to be greedy. 84xp4n.jpg
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Fascinating story! And thanks for sharing.

The fact comics were BIGGER at this time, and that group still made a bit of a difference is great. Our Campaign already has over 140 members in less than a few weeks, 20 more than this group had. I’m still shooting for more than double that by month’s end.
    Last edited by Garlador; 11-04-2023 at 06:21 PM.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu