Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Gi Joe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I had no idea Larry Hama wasn't getting anything. This makes me sad and angry at once. The man is practically the Carl Barks for GI Joe.

He deserves better
    Unfortunately it's not surprising given that it was free lance work for Marvel for licensed properties belonging to Hasbro. It's probably the same with poor Mantlo given his work on Rom and Micronauts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I know Hama got some flack for the below post for being "whiny" or whatever but kind of wild to me that people just reach out to creators and ask for stuff for free...

There is nothing whiny about that.

The fact this man literally SAVED this franchise with everything he has done in comics and tv-he gets nothing?

This right here should get folks to STOP attacking creators who do their own stuff.

This is why they do it.

No excuse for this and what does it say that a 75 year old man can stop produce when guys 30+ younger struggle to get to issue 4 of a book they are doing?

Amazing Member

Duke has been the best book from this launch for me. Just finished issue 3 and as usual I'm excited for the next.

Extraordinary Member

She’s the most fearsome fighting female in G.I. Joe. He’s a chrome-plated war-hungry maniac allied with Cobra. Each of them will have their own Energon Universe comic book limited series this summer. Get ready for Scarlett and Destro! Superstar writer Kelly Thompson and artist Marco Ferrari will bring us Scarlett #1 on June 5th, while no less a team than writer Dan Watters and artist Andrei Bressan will gift us with Destro #1 on June 19th.

Extraordinary Member

Scarlett #1 Preview
    Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Artist: Marco Ferrari

Destro #1 Preview
    Writer: Dan Watters
    Artist: Andrei Bressan

I'm picking up Scarlet for sure, especially if Jinx is in it. And proudly flaunting her Arashikage symbol and lack of underwear in that preview .

I'm curious how these will tie-in to the Transformers stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's crazy that a 75-year-old person still has to work. That's insane to me.
    Wait until you're 75, like pretty much all of us, you'll still be working.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I know Hama got some flack for the below post for being "whiny" or whatever but kind of wild to me that people just reach out to creators and ask for stuff for free...

Yeah, that's pretty ballsy for people to send him letters like this.

And he signs two things for free, so people need to grow up. I know if I ever meet him, I would love to get a book signed (plus have him sign my M*A*S*H* season DVD set for the episode he appears in). And if I had the money, a sketch.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Scarlett #1 Preview
    Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Artist: Marco Ferrari

Destro #1 Preview
    Writer: Dan Watters
    Artist: Andrei Bressan

Kelly Thompson will be writing Scarlett?

SOLD!

She's doing an outstanding job on Birds of Prey!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Wow, i am really surprised how good the Joe and Transformers stuff is. And don't get me started on Void/Rivals. I can't wait for Destro and Scarlet.

Astonishing Member

Pelletier is a wonderful artist and definitely can capture the ARAH vibe. He's in like my top ten Aquaman run artists, especially when a scene or sequence really has the time to put the work in. I assumed there was no chance in hell Mooneyham could be cranking out issues 52 weeks a year for this and was curious how many were in the can before a gap month would require the assist. But I'd like to see them get a good rotation of one or two or even three backup artists who can really strut.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

"Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

That one hurts.
    Bright brought me back to G.I. Joe after several years of "meh" art and story changes that I wasn't thrilled with.
    I ditched it after #61, when CC was "killed". I'd flip through it at Waldenbooks every now and then and it was one of those moments where my teenage self would go "that ain't the Joe I remember reading..."
    His art was a breath of fresh air and the return of the original CC was glorious!

^^^Yeah! As soon as it was implemented, the whole masquerade involving FRED VII got annoying.
    So, I'm in total agreement with the long-awaited return of the one, true Cobra Commander

Also, loved it when M.D. Bright got in on the act of adding Marvel Comics' characters as "easter eggs" (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-07-2024 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Destro I'm looking forward to. Scarlet I'm not sure bqsedon Kelly as writer. I hope I'm wrong and it's good. So far thw Ebergon universe is amazing
    X-Men Forever