View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Green Lantern of space sector 2814?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

62 44.60%
  • John Stewart

27 19.42%
  • Guy Gardner

16 11.51%
  • Kyle Rayner

30 21.58%
  • Simon Baz

4 2.88%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    He looks pretty much the part
    Really? The Nu52 costume is barely similar to the Golden Age design.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Really? The Nu52 costume is barely similar to the Golden Age design.
    Oh, the costume.

The original was ridiculous anyway, I have always been a fan of the 90's redesign:

alanscott4.jpg

Seriously, how many times can you actually say that you liked a 90's redesign?

Ultimate Member

We can only pick one? Gosh, both Kyle and John are great!

I grew up with Hal and watched him change and grow and his story come to an end (and becoming the Spectre? Holy crap, what an incredible final evolution!). Bringing Hal back as a petulant fratboy who screws up all the time just insults the heroic character he grew into, back in the day. I'd vote for lots of older characters, such as Barry or Arthur or Hal, but only before Johns came along and regressed them into arrogant entitled jerks and / or impulsive bumbling screwups.

Guy was always Guy, the one who exists to be punched in the face by Batman and mocked endlessly by everyone else, the BWAHAHA conservative punching bag of the superhero community. His straw man nature, and how it was *cool* and *funny* to smack him down, felt a little too mean-spirited, and didn't just make him look 'punchable,' but, IMO, made Batman, Black Canary, etc. look like self-righteous @$$es, instead.

Still, probably about time the Green Lantern Corps caught up with the 18th century and discovered that not every 'strong-willed person' on planet Earth is a dude. Bring on a lady Green Lantern from Earth. As anyone who has actually met one can attest, women are not lacking for strong wills (and the odds that the five willpoweriest people on Earth would all be men seems unlikely, or perhaps an indicator that comic book writers don't know many women!)!

So, Golden Age Alan?
    Yeah, pretty much, though I first read about him in JLA/JSA team-ups.

Oh, the costume.
    Seriously, how many times can you actually say that you liked a 90's redesign?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

When I first got into GL it was Hal. Then it became Guy, but if I truly have to pick it's Hal.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Aw, no Jade!? I wish she existed in the new 52. She's an awesome character.

I don't really have a favourite. However;

1. Kyle is the one with the least things I dislike, so I voted for him.
    2. Baz has the best costume
    3. Hal is pretty much THE Green Lantern
    4. Guy is reasonably interesting even if I don't get on with his personality
    5. John is dull and lacks anything of note or interest, other than being "The black Green Lantern"

Really though, Guy and Kyle don't really count any more as they're not Green Lanterns.

Guy is the best Green Lantern. He's a far deeper character than what he gets credit for.

MY FAVORITE GREEN LANTERN IS BETTER THAN YOUR FAVORITE GREEN LANTERN!

(I voted for Hal, he's my favorite, but I like them all)
    Last edited by pikul; 05-06-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Personally I am a huge fan of Kyle Rayner, more so before he was the White Lantern but I am still interested enough to keep reading it anyhow. I do like Hal quite a bit as well. Never got behind Guy first nor last and can take or leave John Stewart.

I can’t remember where I read this exactly, but it had a break down the 4 lantern styles (this was pre Simon Baz)

Guy Gardner was aggressive in that he uses a lot of overwhelming force and simple constructs
    John Stewart was an architect and, as such, his constructs were complete down to the nuts and bolts.
    Kyle Rayner as a comic book artist has highly imaginative constructs that were very artistic and were often pretty wild
    Hal Jordan’s constructs were exactly what was needed for the task at hand.

Can’t remember the exact wording of the descriptions, I think I got the gist of it, but I thought that it was pretty interesting all the same.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

1. Kyle
    2. Guy
    3. Hal
    4. John
    5. Simon

BANNED

John and then Kyle>Guy>Hal.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Golden age forever!
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheWonderKid View Post
    I can’t remember where I read this exactly, but it had a break down the 4 lantern styles (this was pre Simon Baz)

Guy Gardner was aggressive in that he uses a lot of overwhelming force and simple constructs
    John Stewart was an architect and, as such, his constructs were complete down to the nuts and bolts.
    Kyle Rayner as a comic book artist has highly imaginative constructs that were very artistic and were often pretty wild
    Hal Jordan’s constructs were exactly what was needed for the task at hand.
    Rebirth, when they were taking down Parallax. There was also mention of Kilowog's style, in which it's the only one that makes an audible boom when it activates.