Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Firestorm vs. Iceman

Who wins in battle between these heroes? Assume Bobby fights Ronnie and Jason in two separate and unrelated battle scenarios. Which of the two can he defeat, if any?

Fight 1: Bobby vs. Ronnie
    Fight 2: Bobby vs. Jason

Can Bobby's omega-level mutant powers give him the victory? Or can the power of the Firestorm Matrix save either Ronnie or Jason?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

As beefy as Bobby has gotten, powerwise, I don't think he has anything to actually stop Firestorm from transmuting all his molecules into lead or chlorine or whathaveyou.

Somewhat equally, though, I don't know if Firestorm is totally resistant to being flash-frozen or ice-blocked, so it might be kind of a quickdraw? I think Bobby's freeze effects would take more time to do the damage than Firestorm can convert him.

If Firestorm transmutes Bobby to lead, can Bobby create another ice body for himself?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Isn't iceman like a god or something now?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Isn't iceman like a god or something now?
    He's pretty godly, yes. But a lot of that is how impossible he is to kill when his consciousness is spread over every water molecule on the planet. Firestorm, however, does stuff like wave his hands and give Mars a breathable atmosphere. He's one of the only heroes in comics with a pretty hard counter to Bobby's immortality.

Really a matter of who gets off the first hit on the other.

Iceman is really powerful these days, and I believe can even freeze time with his powers... so I'm leaning towards him likely landing the first hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He's pretty godly, yes. But a lot of that is how impossible he is to kill when his consciousness is spread over every water molecule on the planet. Firestorm, however, does stuff like wave his hands and give Mars a breathable atmosphere. He's one of the only heroes in comics with a pretty hard counter to Bobby's immortality.
    Do you have a scan of this? Or the issue number? That sounds pretty dope and I would actually like to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Really a matter of who gets off the first hit on the other.

Iceman is really powerful these days, and I believe can even freeze time with his powers... so I'm leaning towards him likely landing the first hit.
    He did stop time when fighting against a portion of the Black Winter I believe, but I don't think it's something he's done consistently. It also didn't seem like it was an instant thing, but rather it took him a moment to build up to it (however I could be misremembering).

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Do you have a scan of this? Or the issue number? That sounds pretty dope and I would actually like to see that.

He did stop time when fighting against a portion of the Black Winter I believe, but I don't think it's something he's done consistently. It also didn't seem like it was an instant thing, but rather it took him a moment to build up to it (however I could be misremembering).
    I tried unsuccessfully to find scans, but I think it is Doomsday Clock issue 8 or 9. It's a good example of how to establish a villain, because Firestorm and the four present Green Lanterns both do planetary scale shenanigans in the same issue they get wrecked by the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I tried unsuccessfully to find scans, but I think it is Doomsday Clock issue 8 or 9. It's a good example of how to establish a villain, because Firestorm and the four present Green Lanterns both do planetary scale shenanigans in the same issue they get wrecked by the threat.
    I will definitely look into that and thanks again for the info.

Do you think Bobby's chances at victory will be greater if he's fighting Jason as opposed to Ronnie?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I will definitely look into that and thanks again for the info.

Do you think Bobby's chances at victory will be greater if he's fighting Jason as opposed to Ronnie?
    Not really. IIRC Jason was just as powerful as Ronnie. He just didn't know how to use the powers as effectively, mostly because he didn't have Professor Stein for a large portion of his early days. But "turn H20 into something else" is such a basic use of the power that I can't see lack of finesse mattering. Still just seems like a quick draw.

I'm going to have to give this one to Firestorm.

While Iceman can pretty much do anything as long as he puts the words "cold" or "water" in the description, Firestorm can pretty much do anything as long as it somehow has molecules which I feel is a somewhat larger category of things.

Bobby can separate his consciousness from his standard form and move it to other nearby water, right? Regardless of whether the water he is occupying is transmuted?

So he could just relocate to… for example… Firestorm’s blood? Then make himself a new body from that?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Bobby can separate his consciousness from his standard form and move it to other nearby water, right? Regardless of whether the water he is occupying is transmuted?

So he could just relocate to… for example… Firestorm’s blood? Then make himself a new body from that?
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think he can simply be a disembody consciousness. I think his mind can still exist in water vapor form, but I think there still needs to be water (or some kind of ice) for him to exist.

Spectacular Member

Also, does Firestorm have blood while transformed? I don't recall the presence or absence of blood being specifically addressed, but I think that he's actually some kind of energy being.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I might be mistaken, but I don't think he can simply be a disembody consciousness. I think his mind can still exist in water vapor form, but I think there still needs to be water (or some kind of ice) for him to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Also, does Firestorm have blood while transformed? I don't recall the presence or absence of blood being specifically addressed, but I think that he's actually some kind of energy being.
    In that case, colour me corrected.
    Chief Curmudgeon