Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Super-Skrull vs Magneto

Super-Skrull vs Magneto

Mags vs Sue has always been a quickdraw, and this is basically the same thing. I’m pretty sure Mags has better speed feats.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Mags vs Sue has always been a quickdraw, and this is basically the same thing. I’m pretty sure Mags has better speed feats.
    Agreed. And I would actually give further advantage to Magneto because he has sufficient power to overcome Sue's shields, but the F4 doesn't have the oomph to get through his.

This means it comes down to 'can Magneto get his shields up before he gets a bubble in his body?' And for myself, I tend to give a small advantage to 'shields up!' over 'target and fire' as something easier and quicker to do.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Can he hurt Super-Skrull actually I mean that's no metal in this situation what power can he use to hurt someone with thing and mr fantastic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Can he hurt Super-Skrull actually I mean that's no metal in this situation what power can he use to hurt someone with thing and mr fantastic powers?
    Stop the blood flow to his brain?
    Create a singularity or wormhole in his chest?

Those sorts of things.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Those sorts of things.
    Is it just csi he doesn't do that in the comics most the time? What else is he capable of?

He’s done all of those things (at least I think he’s made a singularity - maybe not), so it’s less CIS (rather than CSI, which would put a new spin on a lot of TV police shows) and more PIS.

But the guy’s controlled the entire magnetic field of Earth. He’s pretty ridiculously powerful.

There are so many bullshit things he’s done by just essentially shouting ‘MAGNETS!!’.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He’s done all of those things (at least I think he’s made a singularity - maybe not), so it’s less CIS (rather than CSI, which would put a new spin on a lot of TV police shows) and more PIS.

But the guy’s controlled the entire magnetic field of Earth. He’s pretty ridiculously powerful.

There are so many bullshit things he’s done by just essentially shouting ‘MAGNETS!!’.
    Yep.

Also, many writers forget this, but it's an established part of Magneto's powerset that he also controls electromagnetic forces thanks to his 'MAGNETS!!'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Didn't he make a blak hole 1 time?

Depends on how much of Johnny's power the Skrull has managed to copy.

Johnny's heat is actually a weakness for Magneto, since at extreme temperatures, magnetic fields begin to weaken and become nullified. And Johnny has managed to reach temperatures high enough to the point where he could kill the Marquis of Death...

So if the Skrull has copied Johnny's power to the point he could go nova and reach high enough temperatures, I could see Magneto being in trouble once the magnetic fields around them begin to dissipate from the extreme heat.

Those sorts of things.
    Would that even work against a foe that has a combination of Grimm's rock hard durability and body and Reed's elasticity?

Extraordinary Member

Does the Super-skrull get the same feats as the Fantastic Four, or can he only use his own feats?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Would that even work against a foe that has a combination of Grimm's rock hard durability and body and Reed's elasticity?
    The singularity thing certainly would.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Does the Super-skrull get the same feats as the Fantastic Four, or can he only use his own feats?
    Should only get his own feats. He was given the same powers as the Fantastic Four, but that was early in their career and also early in his. In the intervening years, the FF members have become more powerful and more skillful. While the same might be said for the Super Skrull, he probably hasn't come up with all the same feats. Plus he has come up with his own unique feats that involve various combinations of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yep.

Also, many writers forget this, but it's an established part of Magneto's powerset that he also controls electromagnetic forces thanks to his 'MAGNETS!!'.
    He recently, despite having his heart ripped out, essentially made himself a replacement heart that let him keep fighting for an extended period before dying by basically screaming "MAGNETS!!" hard enough. It was beautiful. I have no words. They should have sent a poet.