Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How would Marvel look if Transformers, G.I. Joe, Rom etc. stayed in 616 comics?

How would Marvel look if Transformers, G.I. Joe, Rom, Red Sonja, and Micronauts stayed in the Earth-616 as major players? How do you think that would impact events and movies? If all of these characters were thought to be Marvel characters?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Rom and Micronauts definitely would have been major players. Rom would have participated in the Skrull invasion storylines, given the Dire Wraiths are their distant cousins or something like that. The Micronauts + the Multiverse kind of writes itself. And with the Uni-Power/Enigma Force still around, they could have been featured in several stories.

And then there's Red Sonja. Imagine the possibilities. If Odin had to have a secret daughter, she should have been it! No need to buy Angela. Or at least no need to completely revamp Angela's history. Red Sonja as an anachronism would have worked far better than Conan, imho. Add her to any team, even Guardians of the Galaxy, and she fits right in, especially if she got a power creep due to Asgardian genes. Crazier things have happened in Marvel than, say, a Red Sonja vs. Thanos or Apocalypse or Hela storyline. Her attire might need a redesign for modern sensibilities ... but then again, maybe not, based on some of the outfits I've seen celebrities wear to awards shows.

Personally I always thought, Nick Fury, Head of Gi Joe, had a good ring to it.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Which Transformer do you think would fit the best on the Avengers? I would not pick Optimus, because he needs to lead the Autobots. But maybe Rodimus, Smokescreen, or Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Personally I always thought, Nick Fury, Head of Gi Joe, had a good ring to it.
    ^^^It'd be a cool story, highlighting the similarities between the Joes and S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as the differences in the two organizations’ mission statements and approaches.
    Plus when all is said and done, we can have an epilogue showing us readers an old file that details how Nick inadverdantly inspired the Joe program through his Howling Commandos exploits.

I think Peter David could have given us a fun Micronauts/Hulk/Genis/Rick Jones adventure in the Microverse.

The FF, Autobots and Decepticons dealing w. Galactus’ arrival on Cybertron would be pretty cool.

And speaking of the Big G, ROM Herald of Galactus has a nice ring to it.

And then there’s Godzilla….

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Which Transformer do you think would fit the best on the Avengers? I would not pick Optimus, because he needs to lead the Autobots. But maybe Rodimus, Smokescreen, or Cliffjumper.
    I could see Ratchet for support.
    Then I would want someone to be the Quinjet.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Team books would certainly be different.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Team books would certainly be different.
    I can definitely see Rom joining the Avengers, and probably, later on, the modern day Guardians of the Galaxy.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hound or Jazz given their love of Humans and Earth Culture

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I could see Ratchet for support.
    Then I would want someone to be the Quinjet.
    I think the Autobots need Ratchet. And the Avengers don't need a Cybertronian medic like they do. So, I think one of those I suggested or another Autobot who isn't an unknown but doesn't fulfill an essential role would be a better fit.

I would absolutely love to see any comic that gets Dr. Doom and Cobra Commander in the same room trying to have a discussion.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Jazz definitely becomes Misty Knight's new ride. At least in my mind. And who knows, maybe her arm gets a Cybertronian upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I know, right?! That's why my choice would be Ultra Magnus, since he's such a loyal soldier. Without a doubt, one can always count on him.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! That's why my choice would be Ultra Magnus, since he's such a loyal soldier. Without a doubt, one can always count on him.

I feel like a newer recruit might make more sense than a veteran. Magnus would go where he's asked, but I don't see him wanting to serve with anyone other than his Cybertronian squad.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^It'd be a cool story, highlighting the similarities between the Joes and S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as the differences in the two organizations’ mission statements and approaches.
    Plus when all is said and done, we can have an epilogue showing us readers an old file that details how Nick inadverdantly inspired the Joe program through his Howling Commandos exploits.

I think Peter David could have given us a fun Micronauts/Hulk/Genis/Rick Jones adventure in the Microverse.

The FF, Autobots and Decepticons dealing w. Galactus’ arrival on Cybertron would be pretty cool.

And speaking of the Big G, ROM Herald of Galactus has a nice ring to it.

And then there’s Godzilla….
    Funny you should mention that...Genis-Vell did team up with The Micronauts a couple times in PAD's first Captain Marvel series.

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 09-01-2023 at 04:02 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker