Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Children of the Vault Could Bring Closure to a Forgotten X-Men Romance

Very interesting read. But very unlikely to happen.

IF it would be touched upon. I will be dancing 24 hours.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-children-o...otten-romance/
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I would love to see Indra returning for Luz . Also Cannonball and Serafina. Very unlikely to happen too.

Those were both golden moments in CotV and X-Men history. It would be ashamed if they completely ignore it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Those were both golden moments in CotV and X-Men history. It would be ashamed if they completely ignore it.
    While it agree, it could be neat, and I love the character of Indra, how would the dozen-times dead and reborn new Luz have even the slightest interest in Indra, who like, had a moment with her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother for a hot minute?

The current Children of the Vault are just the latest replacements for the ones we met many generations ago, by their own 'history,' thanks to their time-accelerating shenanigans, not the same people, and not guaranteed to be all that similar to the ones we saw previously, in personality. They're new characters every time we see them, just with similar genetic powersets, and any 'history' they share with non-Children of the Vault (or even with each other's ancient ancestors! Two CoV that seemed like allies or lovers in a previous appearance could be bitter foes or rivals or just have zero interest in each other in this generation!) is kind of irrelevant to the current characters.

so someone remember that the Children were Rogue´s toys.

hope in the last issue she appear back at Serafina and drain her dry. Also Perro i dislike Perro.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    I would love to see Indra returning for Luz . Also Cannonball and Serafina. Very unlikely to happen too.
    Keep poor cannonball away from serafina.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While it agree, it could be neat, and I love the character of Indra, how would the dozen-times dead and reborn new Luz have even the slightest interest in Indra, who like, had a moment with her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother for a hot minute?

The current Children of the Vault are just the latest replacements for the ones we met many generations ago, by their own 'history,' thanks to their time-accelerating shenanigans, not the same people, and not guaranteed to be all that similar to the ones we saw previously, in personality. They're new characters every time we see them, just with similar genetic powersets, and any 'history' they share with non-Children of the Vault (or even with each other's ancient ancestors! Two CoV that seemed like allies or lovers in a previous appearance could be bitter foes or rivals or just have zero interest in each other in this generation!) is kind of irrelevant to the current characters.
    It hasn't been explored in depth (and its something I really hope this mini is going to establish) but it HAS been mentioned in passing that the newest generations of Children do inherit at least some of their predecessors' memories. In the brief mentions we've gotten (pretty sure it was in Duggan's Forge-centric issues earlier this year) its been implied that the later generations of Children are not the same people as the previous Children to bear their same names and powers....but they're not completely different people either. Some degree of their original personalities and memories do pass down through successive generations, but there's been zero indication given as of yet as to HOW the Children or their evolutionary process determine how much of the original personality to keep or what memories to pass on to subsequent generations. My interpretation was that the writers are trying to suggest that the Childrens' evolutionary process attempts to streamline each individual Child and their evolutionary 'line' into the best, most optimized version of themselves, personality wise as well as genetically/biologically....and that includes keeping at least some prior memories and life experiences from previous evolutionary incarnations. But only the ones they (or the evolutionary mechanism of the Vault's City) deem worth keeping and building upon instead of discarding as useless or detrimentary.

All of that is to say....as of right now, I could see it going either way, if a version of Luz were to appear. Its just as likely she'd be written as a 'brand new' character who has no idea who this Indra person is as it would be for her to be depicted as a 'new' version of herself, but with at least some awareness of who Indra is and what he'd been/represented to the previous version of herself.

And I could definitely see ANY version of Luz being intrigued enough by the very IDEA of a person she once almost went against her whole civilization for, that she'd be curious to 'see for herself' what he was like. Course, just as big a question as whether or not Luz will actually show up in this mini is even if she did....where is Indra, currently? In the desert with Hope, Exodus and the rest, or conveniently one of the few mutants still left on Earth because he didn't make it through the gates before they shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    It hasn't been explored in depth (and its something I really hope this mini is going to establish) but it HAS been mentioned in passing that the newest generations of Children do inherit at least some of their predecessors' memories. In the brief mentions we've gotten (pretty sure it was in Duggan's Forge-centric issues earlier this year) its been implied that the later generations of Children are not the same people as the previous Children to bear their same names and powers....but they're not completely different people either. Some degree of their original personalities and memories do pass down through successive generations, but there's been zero indication given as of yet as to HOW the Children or their evolutionary process determine how much of the original personality to keep or what memories to pass on to subsequent generations. My interpretation was that the writers are trying to suggest that the Childrens' evolutionary process attempts to streamline each individual Child and their evolutionary 'line' into the best, most optimized version of themselves, personality wise as well as genetically/biologically....and that includes keeping at least some prior memories and life experiences from previous evolutionary incarnations. But only the ones they (or the evolutionary mechanism of the Vault's City) deem worth keeping and building upon instead of discarding as useless or detrimentary.

All of that is to say....as of right now, I could see it going either way, if a version of Luz were to appear. Its just as likely she'd be written as a 'brand new' character who has no idea who this Indra person is as it would be for her to be depicted as a 'new' version of herself, but with at least some awareness of who Indra is and what he'd been/represented to the previous version of herself.

And I could definitely see ANY version of Luz being intrigued enough by the very IDEA of a person she once almost went against her whole civilization for, that she'd be curious to 'see for herself' what he was like. Course, just as big a question as whether or not Luz will actually show up in this mini is even if she did....where is Indra, currently? In the desert with Hope, Exodus and the rest, or conveniently one of the few mutants still left on Earth because he didn't make it through the gates before they shut down?
    Luz is in this mini, you should have spotter her. Look at the infor of characters who show up in issue 1.

Indra was only seen once or twice in the background during the Krakoa era. He is completely forgotten, I think.

Astonishing Member

Luz is in this mini, you should have spotter her. Look at the infor of characters who show up in issue 1.

Indra was only seen once or twice in the background during the Krakoa era. He is completely forgotten, I think.
    Yeah, but that just makes Luz's inclusion all the more weird, if he doesn't factor into this at all. I mean, I suppose there's any number of things Camp could do with Luz without needing Indra in the storyline too, I just mean that at the moment, it feels like it would be pretty random to pick her to appear in this mini if there's zero intention of Indra showing up, because their storylines were so intertwined. Indra's role in Luz's story arc is kinda the POINT of Luz's story arc, so why bring her back without him, is what I mean. But I guess we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Likely unsurprisingly for many, but it didn't.

Ultimate Member

I was surprised to see him in X-Factor, at Wind-Dancer's resurrection, because he went from being the youngest of that era, to being tall and built and adult-looking standing there with the others. Boy grew like, a foot, off-screen! But yeah, mostly forgotten.