Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wolverine 36. Synops spoiler

As we open a kid(bram) makes a old guy explode with demon powers. And weapon pluss made a deamon division

Logan and gost rider driving to weapon deamon. Base . Gost riders Flame hair lit logan on fire.
    Badguys see them comming.

Back to Cia guy. Deamon possesses him tryes to kill him but saved by tailia warroad.

Wolverine and ghost rider are beat by helments.. weapon x helments came alive fell on there head and beat them

Bram is working with weapon deamon to be free of his deamon.
    Bad guy in charge dose a ritual and brams deamon merges with logan becoming hellverine

Logan goes off to hunt mutants

I'll be honest forgot this issues came out this week.... did anyone else ?

I read it. Enjoyed it. The art fit the story... dark and moody. And the Hellverine is a truly terrifying concept... so much so that I kind of want to see Logan stuck with this spirit for awhile. Would be a cool status quo change for him, sending him down a darker path for awhile. I would kind of dig that, especially with Laura having assumed the identity of the more superheroic, brighter Wolverine.

Honestly, to set this up, I'd have Logan die in this story horrifically, sacrificing himself somehow to kill the demon... only to be resurrected via the protocols... yes, I know they're down, so let's just say Laura finds another way to bring him back. I'm thinking she uses a backup lab of Beast's and uses his DNA to regrow a cloned body for Logan, and enlists the help of Doctor Voodoo (not Strange, as I think Voodoo is actually cooler here) to retrive his soul and put it in the body. Psylocke uses Cerebro to put his last memory back up into the new body also. This body doesn't have adamantium, however, and thus Logan is now a truly natural being... free of the adamantium that served as a constant reminder of what Weapon X did to him... but he's not as free as he thinks.

He's been touched by this demon and a part of it is still within him. Doctor Voodoo senses something... dark, and ancient, piggybacking on Logan's resurrection to return to this plane. He fears for Logan, but he says he'll be fine. It's his new cross to bear, or something like that. These new hellfire powers cause his claws to glow and allow them to cut through most anything, despite being bone, and give him enhanced durablity and strength. Much like Ghost Rider himself. His face doesn't completely melt into a skull, but his eyes blaze too.

Okay... I'm delving into fan fiction a bit too much here, but I think something like this has potential. Just picturing the bone claws glowing hot and Logan's eyes going all fiery when he gets angry.... could be a really cool contrast between the Wolverines, with one having the traditional adamantium claws and the other having these hellfire abilities.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This is the most 90's crossover ever.

It is, but I love the 90s. At least the early 90s.

IMG_7719.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-31-2023 at 08:33 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The cover says Part 3.

What's Part 1 and 2?
    "Cable was right!"

There was an alpha issue, and will be an omega issue to wrap it up. Part 2 was an issue of Ghost Rider.

This has been a great little crossover event. With only 1 issue left we can assume it won’t drag on for too long also. Plus I just read the 1st 2 tpb of Percy’s GR and it ties in nicely with this. Very good stuff!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Wolverine's hot claws are back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Perhaps they never really left and we all just collectively lied to ourselves and hoped that would make it true.

I'm enjoying this crossover so far. Let's hope it ends on a high!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Except this time they make sense! I know it's not in the cards, based on future solicits, but would love it if Logan kept the Hellverine powers... or maybe just a residual effect of his demonic possession... being "touched by hellfire" so to speak. Like I said above, I could see a scenario where he dies and is brought back, and somehow his brief demonic possession in this crossover follows his soul back into the new body granting him some new abilities... namely hot claws, enhanced strength and durability. Something like that. Makes him a bit darker and scarier even. Differentiates him from the other Wolverine, who is brighter and shinier and more super-hero-y. Just my $.02 but I think it's really cool. Very "metal" as Ben Percy said about this crossover in interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Except this time they make sense! I know it's not in the cards, based on future solicits, but would love it if Logan kept the Hellverine powers... or maybe just a residual effect of his demonic possession... being "touched by hellfire" so to speak. Like I said above, I could see a scenario where he dies and is brought back, and somehow his brief demonic possession in this crossover follows his soul back into the new body granting him some new abilities... namely hot claws, enhanced strength and durability. Something like that. Makes him a bit darker and scarier even. Differentiates him from the other Wolverine, who is brighter and shinier and more super-hero-y. Just my $.02 but I think it's really cool. Very "metal" as Ben Percy said about this crossover in interviews.
    Not that it's done much for her lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that it's done much for her lately.
    True. And especially now with two of her running around.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It hid was ok if it was GR and Wolvy versusa demon great. Weapon Plus sours the story for IMO. Also while Blaze is cool, Danny would be cool especially going for 90's nostalgia of GR and Logan interaction
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 09-01-2023 at 02:57 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Oh, I’m of exactly the opposite mind here. Thought the involvement of Weapon Plus was pretty cool. Otherwise it would’ve been too generic a story IMO. Just Logan and Blaze versus a demon? With no twists and turns? Meh.

But to each their own.