Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Selene is a monster...and severally underused, understood and understated by the writers. She should be among Marvel's Villain Elite to be honest and scenes like this sort of touch on the nature of her irremediability, but try too hard to make her sound funny. Also, she would never describe something as "yummy". Delicious, yes...but yummy is what a child calls a happy meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Paco Medina always delivers the goods, he's grown so much since his New X-Men days and I already enjoyed his art then.

I'm loving Gillen's Selene although it's a bit annoying how every other character suddenly becomes a telepath. First Sinister, now Selene. It's cool for characters to be able to manipulate people without being full-blown telepaths.
    I actually prefer Medina's NXM work to this.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sexpot Sally Selene is so wrong...but it's Gillenister so...not surprised
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Selene has an adorable squeaky little voice and the thickest Italian accent you've ever heard. what's not to love? Nothing about her is cute except for her voice!

However I always thought of Selene as more of an alpha predator than just someone who was a vampire that liked eating people. She takes so much more than their tasty bodies. I guess I feel like a line like "I just want to eat people" is below a woman who attended to slave uprisings the way people attend music festivals. interested to see how Selene continues to get characterized. EVERYTHING FOR SELENE! is the new CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT!

This book is pretty strong regardless unlike the other disappointing preview

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Mangia! Mangia! Selene!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I actually prefer Medina's NXM work to this.
    Yeah, there’s something kinda off, not sure what. Maybe it’s just the ‘sassy’ Selene look in general?

Paco Medina always delivers the goods, he's grown so much since his New X-Men days and I already enjoyed his art then.

I'm loving Gillen's Selene although it's a bit annoying how every other character suddenly becomes a telepath. First Sinister, now Selene. It's cool for characters to be able to manipulate people without being full-blown telepaths.
    Both Selene and Sinister have been telepaths since at least the 90's.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Selene didn't have to do this and yet she went above and beyond. Hilarious.

Just not feeling it it. Definitely not for me despite liking selene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love seeing more of goddess Selene. She is probably the most underrated X-villain. Just wished Gillen would take her more serious as a villain. I think using her only for laughs, does not give the character enough justice as the first mutant in history. Wished he would read NECROSHA to get inspired about her dark mystical qualities and that she is the ultimate predator hungering for absolute power.

Selene giving major “but I want to turn people into dinosaurs!” energy there.

Good grief, she's an awful woman.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Both Selene and Sinister have been telepaths since at least the 90's.
    The less said about 90's Selene, the better... I don't recall her exhibiting telepathy before though, only some magic mind-control perhaps? And I don't remember Sinister referencing his telepathic powers until Mike Carey's X-Men.

The less said about 90's Selene, the better... I don't recall her exhibiting telepathy before though, only some magic mind-control perhaps? And I don't remember Sinister referencing his telepathic powers until Mike Carey's X-Men.
    During inferno attacked Jean and Psylocke and during the 90s he dropped X-Man. Selene wawa telepath in the 80s when she fought Xavier after kidnapping Rachel and Amara

Apocalypse is the one who has one telepathic feat in the 90s and never again