Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Saying Selene should be in the upper echelons of Marvel villains much less X-Men villains is crazy since the only breakout story she has is Necrosha and even then the techno-organic virus was carrying that event.
    Speaking of Necrosha, I wonder if she and Wither ever saw each other on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of Necrosha, I wonder if she and Wither ever saw each other on Krakoa.
    What about Mortis? What she did to Mortis is irredeemable.

I hate Selene. And that is because of good writing IMO. She's not supposed to be a likable character.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

all i care about is that they write her with a thick italian accent and imply that her voice is high pitched, squeaky, and unbelievably cute.

Also, she should look like 1970's Anjelica Huston.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 09-01-2023 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    But wanting power to what end.

The first mutant, awakened her powers perinatally and as a result killed her mother during delivery.

Wants a kingdom where she feeds on an endless supply of souls? Sure, but you need a balance to maintain enough soul production vs consumption.

She grew up when no one else like her existed. She eventually got called a witch and hunted by the likes of Conan.

Selene is old enough to insert an actual end goal. She was close in Necrosha but consuming everyone's soul on the planet at once is not the end game here
    Power for power's sake ? For the fun and freedom it brings ? So she can eat whenever she wants ? I mean i'm not saying she shouldn't have bigger plans but I'm fine with her just not caring that much and being an old psychopath. A bit like Sabretooth.
    Monsters can be fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    all i care about is that they write her with a thick italian accent and imply that her voice is high pitched, squeaky, and unbelievably cute.
    Oooh. I would see her played by Bellucci though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oooh. I would see her played by Bellucci though.
    Belluci would work. but i don't think Belluci has that character actor fire Selene needs. She needs to played by someone who can truly unhinge herself.

a note about Selene and Ms. Sinister. They are not anywhere near the same no matter how extra either is about their sexuality. Selene is a "devourer". She's an immense appetite wrapped in mutant human form. Whereas Sinister is a demented, seething, fop. It's hard for Marvel to create characters wjp wear all black without them becoming some kind of sexualized vampire person, But Selene's NOT just the Black Queen. She's the daughter of the Moon, first. Tyrant of Nova Roma, second, Black Queen waaaaaay lower on the list. i just see her as someone who see the world and it's contents as being served on a silver platter in front of her. All of it. Everything. It's a Mantra: "Everything for Selene" that she tries to impress on her subordinates. It's wildly Euro-Centric, and that's what Selene espouses as her central old world failure. Everything I engage with is for my consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also Selene basically critiquing the whole "let's just accept/bring in everybody and expect them to play to their better angels or go against their established characterization" thing.
    I enjoy how this run as a whole has played with that concept. It's clear that trusting a lot of these people not to **** them over was a mistake, but at the same time you have Exodus doing big heroism for the Krakoans in the subplot. It's a nice amount of nuance - some of these people were worth working with, some were not.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Selene is bat **** crazy. And very petty. Fair enough.

But Shaw is already wealthy beyond belief. What and why does he want more money? Is he really that shallow that he just wants money for the sake of it? He had a great job of great importance on the island. Why throw it all away for money he'll never spend in his lifetime?
    I think he read the tea leaves and didn't think he could stop Krakoa's fall. That's why he said what he said to Mother Righteous about wanting to rule the ashes. Personally I think Gillen's Shaw is very consistent with the portrayal of Shaw established by Claremont. He's someone who, already rich, funded the Sentinel program to exterminate his people to get richer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Saying Selene should be in the upper echelons of Marvel villains much less X-Men villains is crazy since the only breakout story she has is Necrosha and even then the techno-organic virus was carrying that event.
    Her not having any breakout story outside of Necrosha says more about the writers than her potential.

It’s like a Monet fan saying Monet should be Alist powerhouse. She should. She doesn’t have the breakout stories to be A list but she definitely has the potential.

There’s a ridiculous amount of female characters not being used properly.

And lol at people being mad at Selene for being rude. She’s an evil murderous monster with no redeeming qualities but being a rude guest is a line too far?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Selene who showed up and literally stole Shaw's throne right from under him was never this gross caricature of a villain. But I get it...Gillenister needs another villain to pander to the Gays, now that Raven is off the clock.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-01-2023 at 11:35 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Monet's breakout story is X-Factor Investigations tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Selene who showed up and literally stole Shaw's throne right from under him was never this gross caricature of a villain. But I get it...Gillenister needs another villain to pander to the Gays, now that Raven and Essex are off the clock.

1000char
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well, exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Selene who showed up and literally stole Shaw's throne right from under him was never this gross caricature of a villain. But I get it...Gillenister needs another villain to pander to the Gays, now that Raven is off the clock.
    Selene, the campiest X-villain like, ever, has never been a gross caricature of a villain? This is the woman whose M.O. was once gaslighting British people into thinking they were from Rome.

welcome to the Marvel Universe, X-Men and X-Men fans. where not everyone needs to be a complete character. where 2 dimensional cartoon villains run amok. Guess Selene's one of them, right now.

Good lord, I enjoy petty and campy evil, but like Sinister, Shaw and Selene have been beyond annoying and stale all throughout the Krakoa era and just need to be fridged at this point.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!