Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    That is against the rules. He'll probably have to team up with the Lizard or someone to have them win the fight for him.
    Well he does have the goblin sins coursing through him so maybe that counts as his extra person

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Heroes get a power up while they're evil. It's a thing.
    True. There's a reason "Superpowered Evil Side" is an actual trope.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    He burned that one in ASM #300.
    And then what.... just remade it in his free time? or is that retconned whenever he has to go 'dark'? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the only Spider-Man Wells can let win a fight on his own is one that's gone hardcore and brutal like Wells likes his protagonists .
    Yeah it would make sense that this would be the only time Wells would make him competent and the power up when evil thing is added in. Both your points are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well he does have the goblin sins coursing through him so maybe that counts as his extra person
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True. There's a reason "Superpowered Evil Side" is an actual trope.
    I suppose the Goblin sins could be the partner. I hadn't thought of that. And the trope is there. I might have to reevaluate my initial thoughts

I'm sure Kraven won't die, but... I hope he is brutalized severely.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    And then what.... just remade it in his free time? or is that retconned whenever he has to go 'dark'? :3
    I don't know where the other one came from. All I know is that there ended up being a second Black Costume. Perhaps the second was a spare?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

I don't know where the other one came from. All I know is that there ended up being a second Black Costume. Perhaps the second was a spare?
    He pulled a black costume out of a cabinet in chapter 3 of The Mark of Kaine. Spider-Man issue 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Lairston View Post
    That is against the rules. He'll probably have to team up with the Lizard or someone to have them win the fight for him.
    He's won most of his fights in the Wells run.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Is this the first time we’ve ever had Gleason draw the black suit? I really like his take on it, differentiating how he exaggerates the eyes on the classic suit, doing the sharper style instead of more round and friendly. I like that we’re finally getting some insight into the new Kraven’s mindset, we went for a while without it even being addressed that he wasn’t the original after Hunted

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

obligatory "I'm no longer holding back!!!" panel on standby.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

What about the Back In Black costume? I guess that's the second one.

BANNED

The cold truth about this run is that Mary Jane is so out of her lane as a character that the whole run is about her and has been since issue #1. Watching Spider-Man fight a goon is just filler until we see how MJ and Peter reconcile.

And that will be true of the next run too if Lowe gets cute and tries to force Paul and MJ onto another writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He's won most of his fights in the Wells run.
    Spider-Man has most definitely NOT won most of his fights in the Wells run.

Tombstone: thoroughly pwned by Tombstone, who outsmarted him, chained him, beat him severely, and tricked him into doing his dirty work for which Peter said, aw, poor baby, you had a tough childhood, you unreliable narrator you, sure, you go around and keep going your crime, just don’t let me see it!

ASM 900: needs Sinister Six to help him, then needs the Living Brain to magic away the Sinister Six when they’re about to beat him.

Vulture: screams he’s going to die and needs daddy Norman to save him. Finally remembers he has semblance of wits and powers of his own but needs daddy Norman’s supersuit for any kind of a win.

Hobgoblins: again thinks he’s going to die, but look! Daddy Norman to the rescue.

Moirabot: saved by Wolverine. All Peter does is drop the EMP device so Moira can get away.

Dark Web: gets one victory against a mentally regressed Venom by stealing manga and lighting it on fire. In Limbo, is resigned to losing an eye to the demonic sinister six but have no fear, ReKrap rescues damsel Peter. ReKrap and daddy Norman also rescue Peter in the big fight.

Felicia spa visit: doesn’t check if the dead body is actually dead, has trouble bringing down tech bros using new to them villain tech and needs assists from Felicia and White Rabbit.

ASM 21: loses to Rabin

ASM 22: saved by Paul. Is about to be killed by Wayep, is saved by MJ using the dimensional portal device

ASM 24: saved by Paul again.

ASM 25: rubs it in he was saved by Paul in ASM 24.

ASM 26: does nothing of any consequence. Kamala gets the “hero” moment by turning herself into a dead duck decoy and standing haplessly around while Reed solves the glyph monster. In truth, a deus ex machina back from the dead Wayep saves the day by eliminating Rabin.

Doc Ock: needs Ock’s arms to get anywhere near Ock. Daddy Norman, without any toys, delivers the decisive blow and then has to stop Petey from killing Ock, saving Peter from himself and the “influence” of Ock’s arm.

ASM 31: reacts too slow to stop Tombstone from getting shot. Shotgun easily gets away. Doesn’t stop the car bomb that apparently kills Madame Masque. All in all, is thoroughly ineffectual and the events would have played out as they did without him being in the story.

Kraven arc will no doubt end much the same way as the Ock arc, since it’s practically the same story: Petey is under the influence of supervillain traits, oh no, won’t someone think of the children and stop him from giving into his darkest impulses? *clutches pearls*
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-01-2023 at 07:58 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Spider-Man has most definitely NOT won most of his fights in the Wells run.

Tombstone: thoroughly pwned by Tombstone, who outsmarted him, chained him, beat him severely, and tricked him into doing his dirty work for which Peter said, aw, poor baby, you had a tough childhood, you unreliable narrator you, sure, you go around and keep going your crime, just don’t let me see it!

ASM 900: needs Sinister Six to help him, then needs the Living Brain to magic away the Sinister Six when they’re about to beat him.

Vulture: screams he’s going to die and needs daddy Norman to save him. Finally remembers he has semblance of wits and powers of his own but needs daddy Norman’s supersuit for any kind of a win.

Hobgoblins: again thinks he’s going to die, but look! Daddy Norman to the rescue.

Moirabot: saved by Wolverine. All Peter does is drop the EMP device so Moira can get away.

Dark Web: gets one victory against a mentally regressed Venom by stealing manga and lighting it on fire. In Limbo, is resigned to losing an eye to the demonic sinister six but have no fear, ReKrap rescues damsel Peter. ReKrap and daddy Norman also rescue Peter in the big fight.

Felicia spa visit: doesn’t check if the dead body is actually dead, has trouble bringing down tech bros using new to them villain tech and needs assists from Felicia and White Rabbit.

ASM 21: loses to Rabin

ASM 22: is about to be killed by Wayep, is saved by MJ using the dimensional portal device

ASM 24: is saved by Paul

ASM 25: rubs it in he was saved by Paul

ASM 26: does nothing of any consequence. Kamala gets the “hero” moment by turning herself into a dead duck decoy and standing haplessly around while Reed solves the glyph monster. In truth, a deus ex machina back from the dead Wayep saves the day by eliminating Rabin.

Doc Ock: needs Ock’s arms; daddy Norman, without any toys, delivers the decisive blow and then has to stop Petey from killing Ock, saving Peter from himself and the “influence” of Ock’s arm.

Kraven arc will no doubt end much the same way.
    It's incredible that Peter won zero fights on his own since Wells took over the books.

This is even worst than the Mary Jane thing.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    He pulled a black costume out of a cabinet in chapter 3 of The Mark of Kaine. Spider-Man issue 58.
    My memory must be starting to go, how could I forget that?

Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 09-01-2023 at 07:50 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker