Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’d say there was a bunch of characters from the Defenders that could have been used more.

Damian Hellstrom, Devil Slayer, Overmind, Cloud, Manslaughter, Gargoyle, Andromeda, Interloper…
    Agreed. ^_^

Rintrah.
    I am completely unsurprised by this. ^_^

Clea is getting appearances now, so I'm glad about that. Can't really call her a D-lister now (maybe she never was? C-lister? Is that a thing?).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The first time I saw Spot was in Spider-Man the Animated Series at the age of 13. Without Spot, Spider-man TAS final Saga would have happened. The Spot was the catalyst for setting up the whole saga. Sure the Spot may have been in only one episode, but his technology had major ramifications for the rest of the Spider-Man Animated Series.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-11-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Swiss army nerd

I always liked Alex Nero, who was intended to be Kyle Rayner's nemesis in Judd Winnick's run on GL.

Nero was basically the nightmare scenario of how Kyle got his ring. Kyle was given the ring by chance by Ganthet, so he always thought "God, what if an absolute psychopath got the ring instead?"

Nero is that psychopath. The Weaponers of Qward gave him a yellow ring to be a chaos bringer. Nero was a paranoid schitzophrenic who was also, just like Kyle, a talented artist. But all his drawings were of Lovecraftian nightmares. He'd use the ring to make an army of horrendous creatures that could act independently of him. He just felt like a great foil for Kyle.

I think in the hands of good writers (and maybe less horny artists) Delilah Tyler and Stormy Knight, the second and third Phantom Ladies could have been great niche characters.

Delilah could easily fit in among the Birds of Prey or Checkmate books given her espionage adventures. Just give her a better costume, arsenal and fighting skills to contend with DC's heavy hitters.

Stormy is the only Phantom Lady who was smart enough to design her own weapons. It's a shame she wasn't used in more sci fi heavy titles like The Terrifics. I could see her in the new Planetary book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The first time I saw Spot was in Spider-Man the Animated Series at the age of 13. Without Spot, Spider-man TAS final Saga would have happened. The Spot was the catalyst for setting up the whole saga. Sure the Spot may have been in only one episode, but his technology had major ramifications for the rest of the Spider-Man Animated Series.
    Indeed, and in conjunction with a powerful incendiary bomb, it nearly ended all reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I think in the hands of good writers (and maybe less horny artists) Delilah Tyler and Stormy Knight, the second and third Phantom Ladies could have been great niche characters.

Delilah could easily fit in among the Birds of Prey or Checkmate books given her espionage adventures. Just give her a better costume, arsenal and fighting skills to contend with DC's heavy hitters.

Stormy is the only Phantom Lady who was smart enough to design her own weapons. It's a shame she wasn't used in more sci fi heavy titles like The Terrifics. I could see her in the new Planetary book.
    Good points there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, Freak 2099, maybe?
    And now I can't stop thinking about this idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    And now I can't stop thinking about this idea!!
    Yeah, an evolved future Freak up against Spider-Man 2099 would be an incredible challenge.

Koryak should have been a much bigger deal than he is. The first poc hero of the Aquafamily and in many ways, Damian Wayne before Damian Wayne existed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but my next choice would be...

The U-Foes

If we ever got another solo Hulk movie this would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Koryak should have been a much bigger deal than he is. The first poc hero of the Aquafamily and in many ways, Damian Wayne before Damian Wayne existed.
    I know, right?! Still feel the same way about Noble, as well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-30-2023 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    The Spot's power always had insane potential and versatility, it's just that the character (Owen) was too stupid to take full advantage of it. Otherwise, he would be the most terrifying enemy in Spidey's rogue gallery instead of Venom, Carnage and Green Goblin. It makes me all the more grateful to Spider-Man TAS for reinventing the character and proving how dangerous he could be when written as a credible threat.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The Spot's power always had insane potential and versatility, it's just that the character (Owen) was too stupid to take full advantage of it. Otherwise, he would be the most terrifying enemy in Spidey's rogue gallery instead of Venom, Carnage and Green Goblin. It makes me all the more grateful to Spider-Man TAS for reinventing the character and proving how dangerous he could be when written as a credible threat.
    Another example of that from TAS would be Electro. Considering electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces of the universe, Electro in the comics ought to be a Magneto-level global threat, but because he's such an underachieving thug in mindset, he keeps getting taken down relatively easily by Spider-Man, barring a few upgrades or outliers here and there. TAS had him take down the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier all by himself in his one appearance, and as Nick Fury put it, "with only a gesture."

Sharkskin, Undertow and Eel, the Marvel Atlantean strike-force known as SURF.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

They weren't D-listers when they were introduced, but I can't help but feel sad for Tenshinhan, Radditz, and Nappa falling so far behind the power curve after such excellent opening appearances.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    They weren't D-listers when they were introduced, but I can't help but feel sad for Tenshinhan, Radditz, and Nappa falling so far behind the power curve after such excellent opening appearances.
    I always felt bad in particular for Radditz. Being introduced as Goku's brother, one of only a handful of sayains to escape the destruction of their home world, and he barely qualifies as more than a footnote in Dragon Ball lore.