Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice Society of America #6 Preview

Justice Society of America #6 Preview
    Writer: Geoff Johns
    Artist: Marco Santucci

So now in a JSA book we've gone from focusing on Huntress to focusing on all the new sidekick characters Johns created.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Here's a non-aiptcomics link:

As for the preview itself, I don't have any feelings about this yet; it could be good, it could be meh. It feels like a lot of it is going to be down to dynamics - such as Judy and her dad - but I'm not opposed to solo stories of sidekicks finding themselves in present day with families and friends and legacies in questionable conditions, and them having to adjust. Others I'm just... not looking forward to because it feels like it's just going to be a mess.

Salem's addition to Doctor Fate could be interesting, but Kent's dead and DC can't keep Khalid straight (and not in a fun gay way) I'm also really not interested in a "I'm worried I won't live up to blah" arc because that kind of stuff has never suited or worked with Khalid - it just makes him generic.

God, I hate that Kent (and Nabu) are still dead. Seriously, the continuity's already screwed, but his death is still sticking for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So now in a JSA book we've gone from focusing on Huntress to focusing on all the new sidekick characters Johns created.
    I'm sure it won't worsen any preexisting problems with fleshing out characters and dynamics.

I need all the new YOUNG JUSTICE SOCIETY to show up.. loving them!

And we waited over a decade for this garbage.........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

There's been a leak. Apparently a bunch of pages focus on Huntress... she's warned Batman about the Gotham War! That'll be what the solicit meant by this being a Dawn of DC tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Molly Pitcher and Betsy Ross were "sidekicks" to Miss America.
    Is Miss America (Joan Dale Trevor) still alive, and is/was she still a past member of the Justice Society of America? Will Molly and Betsy meet up with Joan if she's still alive?

Isn't issue #9 suppose to involve the Johns-created Red Lantern and Ruby?
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 09-01-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Joan's alive - and still young too.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Joan_Dale_(New_Earth)
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also, I don't remember if this got addressed yet in the Lost Children series, but when/where is the future Hourman from?

Wasn't he suppose to have died by taking the place of Rex Tyler during a retcon to Zero Hour?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Here's a non-aiptcomics link:
    Thanks for the alternate link.
    Much less distracting.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There seems to be a trend among big name creators to use the books they are given free rein over to use them as self inserts for their own characters. Rucka did the same with the Lois book and the Rene version of the Question. I personally think Johns has too much power. Especially since a lot of his ideas are "meh" at best.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also, I don't remember if this got addressed yet in the Lost Children series, but when/where is the future Hourman from?

Wasn't he suppose to have died by taking the place of Rex Tyler during a retcon to Zero Hour?
    The Flash addressed it. He was fighting Extant, there was an explosion, and he ended up imprisoned at Timepoint (the same place Rex had previously been). Granny Goodness was also there and when she teleported out, Hourman followed her, emerging in the present day. The Fandom wiki says this happened after Lost Children and that it was Corky Baxter who brought him to the present (he probably grabbed him from shortly after Flash #799 and brainwashed him), but I think it's wrong (Lost Children started before that Flash arc), since the fact Extant was involved means it's clearly supposed to be the place he died that he came from.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Matthew_Tyler_(New_Earth)

That Flash arc also involves him rescuing lost children - the sons of Mister Terrific, Donna Troy, and Tempest.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2023 at 03:14 AM.

I always thought that since he is time traveler he can always appear as an earlier version that hasn't died yet.
    Last edited by HsssH; 09-02-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I always thought that since he is time traveler he can always appear as an earlier version that hasn't died yet.
    Occam's razor rules.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I need all the new YOUNG JUSTICE SOCIETY to show up.. loving them!
    I think that would be a great spinoff animated series from Young Justice season 5 if Warner Bros/Discovery would renew it that is
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    I think that would be a great spinoff animated series from Young Justice season 5 if Warner Bros/Discovery would renew it that is
    And let it have the spinoff shows it desperately needs...