Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd be down with a droid revolution movie trilogy.
    It could be pretty damn amazing. Could be really awful too, depending on how they do it. But if they did it right? Yeah man, that could be pretty epic.

and (hopefully) bring it back waaaay in the future.
    I'd really like a timejump post-Rey. A couple centuries, so we can see in full what gets built after the Skywalkers. It'd be interesting to see the immediate aftermath of the sequels and watch the new status quo (whatever that is) grow, but I'd rather get to the point and see a big change rather than an incremental one.

That said, I really love how the franchise jumps around the timeline now, and I don't want to lose that. I like that we're getting stuff in completely different Ages, and can explore characters across their entire lifetimes. But if/when Disney decides on the next 'Saga' I'm hoping it's so deep in the future all the ripples from the Empire will have long passed.

And if Disney needs a push in that direction....well, in a couple centuries, Grogu will be an adult.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It could be pretty damn amazing. Could be really awful too, depending on how they do it. But if they did it right? Yeah man, that could be pretty epic.

I'd really like a timejump post-Rey. A couple centuries, so we can see in full what gets built after the Skywalkers. It'd be interesting to see the immediate aftermath of the sequels and watch the new status quo (whatever that is) grow, but I'd rather get to the point and see a big change rather than an incremental one.

That said, I really love how the franchise jumps around the timeline now, and I don't want to lose that. I like that we're getting stuff in completely different Ages, and can explore characters across their entire lifetimes. But if/when Disney decides on the next 'Saga' I'm hoping it's so deep in the future all the ripples from the Empire will have long passed.

And if Disney needs a push in that direction....well, in a couple centuries, Grogu will be an adult.
    I'm enjoying the eras, too, however ... I would like to see a significant jump for the next "present" movie like you stated.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Dark Horse comics kind of did that a bit with the Legacy series which took place a century or so after the OT era and it's follow-up novels, but it basically kind of rehashed the whole Rebellion/Empire thing like the sequels did, although with some interesting twists like the Empire pretty much built into two factions, a 'good' one ruled by the Fels (Implied to be descendants of Han's daughter and the Fel family, basically an Imperial ace pilot who was also Wedge's brother in law to boot; Disney hasn't rebooted him yet BTW) and a "bad one" ruled by the Sith, who ditched the "Two at a time" thing. It was eventually revealed that the head Sith Lord was a Jedi from the prequel era comics; actually one who was half-Tusken, but eventually went to the Dark side after Order 66 and the Vong messed him up.

There were also the Imperial Knights, who were a combination of the Royal Guards and Jedi.

The hero was also kind of different-instead of the Anakin/Luke/Rey type he's basically a Death stick junkie who walked away from the Jedi after another purge at first. He sees force ghosts of Luke and others but it's implied these might just be hallucinations/bad trips.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-09-2023 at 12:41 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth