Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah this is cool news. I’ve def become a Barrows fan of late. Been really digging his work on Supes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Golden Age Superman having an arc in AC sounds so random. Unless it's main Clark changing his logo temporary after House of Brainiac like he did after Our Worlds at War.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Golden Age Superman having an arc in AC sounds so random. Unless it's main Clark changing his logo temporary after House of Brainiac like he did after Our Worlds at War.
    Regrettably I cannot find that thread Simone posted years ago about how there was an artist (I thought it was Kirby but I’m not sure) who gave Superman a very “tough guy, don’t mess with him” appearance that she really liked. She’s talked at various points about how she would approach Superman, perhaps this is her writing a full on Golden Age esque adventure with a Superman who doesn’t pull punches.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Regrettably I cannot find that thread Simone posted years ago about how there was an artist (I thought it was Kirby but I’m not sure) who gave Superman a very “tough guy, don’t mess with him” appearance that she really liked. She’s talked at various points about how she would approach Superman, perhaps this is her writing a full on Golden Age esque adventure with a Superman who doesn’t pull punches.
    I would be so down for a Golden Age SJW Superman story from Gail.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting. A bit of Golden Age esque toughness is always welcomed.

More teases from Mendondaca. Love his art, would like him to join one of the main Superbooks full time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hope it's an improvement from volume 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would be so down for a Golden Age SJW Superman story from Gail.
    That's what I thought this arc would have been but apparently its some world ending threat, alien invasion type story.

I wish we could have low stakes stories too sometimes for the big characters. Right now every storyline is about an unprecedented threat which requires every bit of the hero's resolve to survive. Somewhere along the line, small scale stories became out of fashion in comics. Even the readers don't like those kind of stories because they care more about powerscaling and all.

Gail Simone doesn't write alien invasion stories that often so curious to see what her approach will be.