Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I, and a few others, @‘d PKJ on Twitter asking him if he was staying on Action. He’s been active on there recently but hasn’t replied to any of us. We’ve had similar scares before and he was good about letting us know that he was still on. I think this time yeah, he’s off the book. It’s going to really suck if DC didn’t let him know about this before it was solicited because that’s an incredibly ******* thing to do. Would love to be wrong and to have PKJ come out on Mon and let us know he’s staying on, but between solicit and the WF tease, I’m assuming that Waid is taking over.

Could be PKJ is taking over Justice League or World’s Finest (I assume Waid is going to have to drop a book if he wants to do Action), but who knows.
    I wouldn't expect him to answer (which sounds like an answer in some ways yeah) especially if he knows. It's extremely doubtful anyone would know before he does, nevermind readers just swinging by a coded solicit.

A retro Action Comics would be a brilliant excursion the more I think about it.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I wonder what waid does with jon..Might check that out.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I wouldn't expect him to answer (which sounds like an answer in some ways yeah) especially if he knows. It's extremely doubtful anyone would know before he does, nevermind readers just swinging by a coded solicit.

A retro Action Comics would be a brilliant excursion the more I think about it.
    If I remember right DC didn't inform Priest that Black Adam is not an ongoing so it is not out of the question that nobody told PKJ about his run ending either

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If I remember right DC didn't inform Priest that Black Adam is not an ongoing so it is not out of the question that nobody told PKJ about his run ending either
    It's pretty common for a comic with a less prominent character to be changed from ongoing to maxi series, which is different than, "hey you've been on this title for three years but bye it's someone else now." I mean writers being replaced in freelance is normal enough that you don't have to be weirdly abrupt about it. As it happens Black Adam was also under Kaminski, same as Lost, so I'd be curious about where Priest broke from what he's described as a good relationship with editorial.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My understanding was that it never went from ongoing to maxi series. DC announced it as maxi series and didn't inform Priest that he is not writing an ongoing. Which resulted in early issues introducing plot points that he didn't have time to wrap up.

But yeah, not informing PKJ that he is out would be next level.

imo Waid is the one guy currently at DC that PKJ would willingly step aside for and let go of AC earlier than he would've wanted if Waid was the one replacing him.

But DC certainly isn't above treating fan-favorite creators without any decency despite their success. Adams on Flash, Superman Rebirth, etc.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool, spoiling the end of this week’s World’s Finest. Given this I think we can make a guess that Clayton Henry is going to be the artist for Action once Waid takes over. All that stuff he drew, Mon-El, Jor, the Golden Age Superman, I think that’s for Action. Once Waid takes over the book, it will shift back to a similar time period as World’s Finest where Waid will basically be retconning mainline Superman to something more his liking.
    I don't think Action Comics being set in the past could be sustainable long term.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder what waid does with jon..Might check that out.
    He would wipe Jon out of existence, no?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    imo Waid is the one guy currently at DC that PKJ would willingly step aside for and let go of AC earlier than he would've wanted if Waid was the one replacing him.

But DC certainly isn't above treating fan-favorite creators without any decency despite their success. Adams on Flash, Superman Rebirth, etc.
    Yeah, Adams on Flash is definitely the most blatant example of DC's editorial doing something similar. I suppose we'll see in the next few weeks, since we'll find out in January's solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think Action Comics being set in the past could be sustainable long term.
    World’s Finest is doing ok, and it would theoretically only last as long as Waid was on the book. Maybe I’ll be wrong and it will stay in the present, but I don’t know if I want that. Waid is very regressive, I’d rather have the book literally set in the past then have it be a retro book set in the present.
    We kid but the only Superfamily member Waid would ever use is Kara. He would sideline everyone else. Maybe he’d use Steel but even that feels like a stretch, Kon and Kenan would be banished to the PZ with quickness lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I wouldn't care honestly at the moment.floated the idea myself in the appreciation thread.he is a boring character.Geez!why is it hard to write jon?Everyone got pretty angry.But,what can you do ..Jon has been **** since tomasi.Sure there were good issues here and there like superman of metropolis.Overall the character sucks.Oh! Well! The monkey prince is cool.It could be great though still.Honestly,the monkey king kick was i wanted in a superhero verse.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2023 at 08:32 PM.

I don't think Waid would have a feeling stronger than ambivalence towards Jon. He'll do what any good writer does when there's a character they don't care about: just don't write them. He probably cares so little about Jon that Jon will finally be a kid again because having two Supermen running around is more spurious or superfluous to Waid than anything else y'all claim he hates.
    Last edited by garazza; 09-18-2023 at 08:34 PM.

To be fair i personally don't care if he is kid or not. The supersons train has left the station...my young nephews don't care

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I don't think Waid would have a feeling stronger than ambivalence towards Jon. He'll do what any good writer does when there's a character they don't care about: just don't write them. He probably cares so little about Jon that Jon will finally be a kid again because having two Supermen running around is more spurious or superfluous to Waid than anything else y'all claim he hates.
    Never giving up huh? Well we already know Taylor is using him, so Jon won’t be getting deaged next year (or ever but I digress). Waid probably prefers a teenage Jon because that’s much easier to ignore. A kid has to show up because Superman has to raise him, a teen can be shipped off to other books and ignored.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Waid will just ignore him, or maybe make one-two appearances, just to acknowledge his existence. He's not type of writer who would try to erase him or something like that, Waid is perfectly aware, that times have changed and people have different vision of Superman these days. And also nobody would let him erase him and the marriage anyways.
    The question is, is it really needed, especially at the cost of ending PKJ run.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It feels Jon is already sidelined from the main Superman books. I don't recall him being in Williamson's run, and in AC the rest of the superfam has more focus than him.

World’s Finest is doing ok, and it would theoretically only last as long as Waid was on the book. Maybe I’ll be wrong and it will stay in the present, but I don’t know if I want that. Waid is very regressive, I’d rather have the book literally set in the past then have it be a retro book set in the present.
    Thinking about it, AC having 40 pages of content could allow to split the book in 2 tales set in the present and past.

We kid but the only Superfamily member Waid would ever use is Kara. He would sideline everyone else. Maybe he’d use Steel but even that feels like a stretch, Kon and Kenan would be banished to the PZ with quickness lol.
    There can be only one Superman/boy.