Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah!they sould rebrand kenan from chinese superman to Dao or something.The character has potential outside being chinese knockoff which the character comes across as for unsuspecting eyes
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It seems they are planting the seeds for the Brainiac event over this book:

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!they sould rebrand kenan from chinese superman to Dao or something.The character has potential outside being chinese knockoff which the character comes across as for unsuspecting eyes
    I recall Yang was planning to give to the Chinese JL their own unique names down the line, but never get there due to the series cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Never giving up huh? Well we already know Taylor is using him, so Jon won’t be getting deaged next year (or ever but I digress). Waid probably prefers a teenage Jon because that’s much easier to ignore. A kid has to show up because Superman has to raise him, a teen can be shipped off to other books and ignored.
    Nope! If comic book history has taught me anything, it's that the delusional fans end up being right sooner or later.

Taylor never specified his plans for aged up Jon, and an appearance in one short story in a tie-in to another line-wide event no one asked for isn't exactly a sign for Big Things To Come.

Jon can be ignored regardless of his age. Not every Superman story needs to have Lois in it or even be referenced, so why would Jon be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Waid will just ignore him, or maybe make one-two appearances, just to acknowledge his existence. He's not type of writer who would try to erase him or something like that, Waid is perfectly aware, that times have changed and people have different vision of Superman these days. And also nobody would let him erase him and the marriage anyways.
    That's largely been my assessment.

The question is, is it really needed, especially at the cost of ending PKJ run.
    It's been my experience that DC prefers name recognition on a book rather than good, consistent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It feels Jon is already sidelined from the main Superman books. I don't recall him being in Williamson's run, and in AC the rest of the superfam has more focus than him.
    He's been very noticeably absent from a lot of DC's material, promotional or otherwise. At most, he's been relegated to being wallpaper in the few books he would likely appear in and that's not the sign of ongoing success that people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair i personally don't care if he is kid or not. The supersons train has left the station...my young nephews don't care
    Tom King's daughters seem to like the Super Sons enough. They were excited at the prospect of the sons of Superman and Batman babysitting the daughter of Wonder Woman. The question is if King will do what's right for business in the Trinity flashback back-ups and have those stories set when Jon and Damian were around the same age (which is likely what his daughters imagined they were).

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    He's been very noticeably absent from a lot of DC's material, promotional or otherwise. At most, he's been relegated to being wallpaper in the few books he would likely appear in and that's not the sign of ongoing success that people think it is.
    Yep. Teen Jon wasn't the breakout hit they were hoping for. It seems DC's current policy is to disavow all knowledge of his existence.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking about it, AC having 40 pages of content could allow to split the book in 2 tales set in the present and past.
    Yeah there's a chance it could be a backup.

Though now that I think about it, it could also be a case of Waid setting up a plot-thread that will be followed up by a different writer. Like how the recent Doomsday special by Dan Watters reintroduced Bloodwynd, but Bloodwynd's appearance in AC won't be written Watters.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Yep. Teen Jon wasn't the breakout hit they were hoping for. It seems DC's current policy is to disavow all knowledge of his existence.
    Just like the rest of the Future State characters. Yara seems to be the only one getting any focus from her membership in the upcoming Amazon's Attack book.

Meanwhile Jace Fox's time in the sun appears over cause Luke is back to being a star in the upcoming Outsiders book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Though now that I think about it, it could also be a case of Waid setting up a plot-thread that will be followed up by a different writer. Like how the recent Doomsday special by Dan Watters reintroduced Bloodwynd, but Bloodwynd's appearance in AC won't be written Watters.

Just like the rest of the Future State characters. Yara seems to be the only one getting any focus from her membership in the upcoming Amazon's Attack book.

Meanwhile Jace Fox's time in the sun appears over cause Luke is back to being a star in the upcoming Outsiders book.
    The Future State characters were always in an impossible position really. They were created to be the only Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman after the originals were gone...but that plan fell apart after 5G was canned. So they just ended up being forced into main continuity where they were always going to be viewed essentially as pretenders. There was really no win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

So many possibilities. January solicits can't come fast enough.

It seems they are planting the seeds for the Brainiac event over this book:

I recall Yang was planning to give to the Chinese JL their own unique names down the line, but never get there due to the series cancellation.
    Outside of Williamson briefly acknowledging that Brainiac has been doing some Multiverse bullshit, I dunno if whatever is going on with Milestone will actually be acknowledged. Maybe Icon would be part of the event but I’m not holding my breath on that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Tom King's daughters seem to like the Super Sons enough. They were excited at the prospect of the sons of Superman and Batman babysitting the daughter of Wonder Woman. The question is if King will do what's right for business in the Trinity flashback back-ups and have those stories set when Jon and Damian were around the same age (which is likely what his daughters imagined they were).
    My nieces vand nephew's loved it ..years ago.. that's the point..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool, spoiling the end of this week’s World’s Finest. Given this I think we can make a guess that Clayton Henry is going to be the artist for Action once Waid takes over. All that stuff he drew, Mon-El, Jor, the Golden Age Superman, I think that’s for Action. Once Waid takes over the book, it will shift back to a similar time period as World’s Finest where Waid will basically be retconning mainline Superman to something more his liking.
    Another point of view: Having read the issue, the seeds for this were planted in 2021's Action Comics Annual by PKJ. Given that, I don't think he's going to be off the book, and if he is they are still going to be paying off plot threads that he planted at the beginning of his run. We know some of that will play out in his Green Lantern War journal run as well. He also said he's hoping to do a big event for all this. This looks like it's the lead up for some of that. I highly suggest Reading the 2021 Action Comics annual. It'll give you a good picture of what's coming.

Outside of Williamson briefly acknowledging that Brainiac has been doing some Multiverse bullshit, I dunno if whatever is going on with Milestone will actually be acknowledged. Maybe Icon would be part of the event but I’m not holding my breath on that.
    The Brainiac event could be multiverse related and feature Supermen analogues like Icon from different Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Another point of view: Having read the issue, the seeds for this were planted in 2021's Action Comics Annual by PKJ. Given that, I don't think he's going to be off the book, and if he is they are still going to be paying off plot threads that he planted at the beginning of his run. We know some of that will play out in his Green Lantern War journal run as well. He also said he's hoping to do a big event for all this. This looks like it's the lead up for some of that. I highly suggest Reading the 2021 Action Comics annual. It'll give you a good picture of what's coming.
    I read it as a tease for an upcoming arc with the Zoners being freed from their phantom prison. 99% is set in present day.

Lord I hope it’s not a Multiverse event, that would be a huge turn off. Williamson fought to not have a Multiverse event so soon after Knight Terrors, I don’t think he’s planning on a Multiverse story for Brainiac. Brainiac is planning on attacking Metropolis to find something there, that’s a solid enough premise for an event without bringing in Multiverse bullshit. Plus the Milestone books are both off on their own and don’t sell well. Odds of DC building an event around them feel slim. Wait and see I suppose.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/