Default Red Dead Redemption III

It's not technically an official confirmation but there's been some hype today due to remarks made by Zelnick of Take Two about it:

“You would like every franchise to be James Bond. There are precious few entertainment franchises of any sort that fall into that category, but they do exist. And I think GTA is one of them, I think Red Dead is one of them…”

Nothing much to go on but still interesting.

So what should the story/setting of a third game be? Go back further in time, to the origins of the Van Der Linde gang, perhaps up to the Blackwater incident which was the beginning of the end?

Feature something new with Jack Marston?

Perhaps the story with the best potential still tied to the lore would be Landon Rickett's past, including whatever role he had in Blackwater despite not being part of the Van Der Linde gang, he was *somehow* involved. It helps that Red Dead II doesn't deal with him at all except for a few small Easter eggs and mentions-almost if Rockstar could be anticipating developing his story later.

Or maybe just something totally original?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

There was a theory about having Mac Callender being the protagonist. His death wasn't shown so there some wiggle room there. I thought about him being the actual mole instead of Micah but I'm not sure what the plot would be.

Sadie and Charles could also work as options.

There's always Jack but he would be active during the roaring 20s or Depression. So the Wild West appeal would be gone.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2024 at 08:09 AM.

Default Another option

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-revolv...series-origin/

If they wanted to do a remake of Red Dead Revolver- you could have flanderized version of Dutch and the others pop up as targets.

Or do a Red dead revolver sequel where Red has to team up with Dutch and Hosea in order to evade the law.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Sadie and Charles could also work as options.
    Since both of them spoke of leaving the US after the events of the game, using either of them would work best during the interim between the Arthur and John sections of RDRII.

In any case, considering it's looking like a twelve year gap between GTA V and VI, God knows how long it would be before we see RDRIII. (And Rockstar has essentially abandoned their other IPs.)