Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Dear god I would never bring this back. That crap killed my love for DC.
    DC still has not recovered. And the stench it left on the DCEU has actually killed the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    "Bring....back"?? WTF would we want to do such obscene insanity? Are we being tortured in a tenth ring of Hell?
    Well,there are people who were fans of the New52. It made a mess of a lot of things but it have its fans.

Now, as we are talking of "bring it back", I don't think than anyone would like to see the continuiity messed yet again and the best wayt to returning or revisit those titles would be in an special set on "Earth- New52" or directly Earth-52 as Doomsday Clock established.

Maybe Start even with a homage to Flash of two worlds, with Wally discovering this earth and watching each title from a distance. The point it is, as always, it would be not the same exactly like the original titles and as always it would show the most iconic version of that era.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Evacuate Batgirl from that world and put her on another earth. Give Gail Simone complete editorial control of the book to do whatever she wanted.

Put Jonah Hex in the past of the world that Batgirl is taken too and give Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray complete editorial control.

Turn the rest into the zombie apocalypse of DC.

Can you guess which two books I liked from the New 52 and hated the rest? :P
    Last edited by Lairston; 09-05-2023 at 03:28 PM.

But why??
    I'd rather bring back Wildstorm or Vertigo, but if I had to bring back the New 52, an Ultimate-like line is probably the only good option.
    Focus on the concepts that are the most different from the regular line, like Superman & Wonder Woman as a couple, possibly Green Arrow's Outsiders...
    But I actually can't remember many different concepts worth revisiting that couldn't just be incorporated into the main DCU without a pseudo-reboot. Probably just those two and maybe retry Robinson's Earth-2 before Taylor ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    DC still has not recovered. And the stench it left on the DCEU has actually killed the entire thing.
    It wasn't perfect but New52 gave the best Aquaman ever.

Retired

The only thing I'd want from the New 52 is Clark and Lois back to being singles and her not knowing he's Superman.

The way they should do relaunches is keep all the old continuities on their respective Earths. Don't carry over any of that to the new Earth. Start from the beginning with the new Earth and all the characters. Any books that are doing well can opt out of being on the new Earth and continue on in their own timeline on their own Earth.

BANNED

I'd just have it exist as a seperate continuity in Hypertime/the Multiverse. There was some good stuff in there like Morrison's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    The only way I could see me bringing something as (almost) completely terrible as the New 52 back would be as a borderline Earth-3 type scenario, where those versions of the characters are invading the current Rebirth/Dawn of DC era, jockeying for dominance, just so the current versions of the characters can permanently wipe out those versions of the characters. Maybe one or two that were halfway decent have a change of heart and remain in current continuity, or maybe one or two of the characters who are in the current continuity are secretly moles for the New 52 characters (like Animal Man...bring back the pre-New 52 version of Buddy with the MUCH better costume than the abomination he has now).

Overall, I'd just bring them back to get rid of them all over again. So maybe there's no point in doing so.
    Who would do the invading? Vast majority of New 52 characters transitioned into Rebirth without any big retcons. Only major character gone is Morrison's Superman. And WW still has a father so I'm not sure how valid the claims of that run being gone are.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But why??
    I'd rather bring back Wildstorm or Vertigo, but if I had to bring back the New 52, an Ultimate-like line is probably the only good option.
    Focus on the concepts that are the most different from the regular line, like Superman & Wonder Woman as a couple, possibly Green Arrow's Outsiders...
    But I actually can't remember many different concepts worth revisiting that couldn't just be incorporated into the main DCU without a pseudo-reboot. Probably just those two and maybe retry Robinson's Earth-2 before Taylor ruined it.
    Then do an Earth 2 series. Earth 2 still is the new52 version. It had still not being unbooted.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

If I did the New 52:

1)Grayson would be still ongoing adding more Wildstorm elements like Henry Bendix, TAO, and Christine Blaze

2)Stormwatch would have been like the original version with the Martian Manhunter as a liaison to the JLA

3)Powergirl and Huntress's series would have them going through the Multiverse similar to Marvel's Exiles

4)Frankenstein would be in his Agents of SHADE & Justice League Dark
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Who would do the invading? Vast majority of New 52 characters transitioned into Rebirth without any big retcons. Only major character gone is Morrison's Superman. And WW still has a father so I'm not sure how valid the claims of that run being gone are.
    Most of New 52 WW turned out to be fake memories - anything set on Themyscira never happened. But yeah, the retcon that Zeus is her Dad has stuck. Of course, he's on Olympus, not Themyscira, so that wasn't part of the false memories.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The only thing I'd want from the New 52 is Clark and Lois back to being singles and her not knowing he's Superman.
    I understand that some people want this, but I don't get it at all... like the characters grew the story changed and evolved and now they are married with children, why go back?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Then do an Earth 2 series. Earth 2 still is the new52 version. It had still not being unbooted.
    To be honest, that idea was only in the context of things I kind of liked about the New 52. But I’d much rather have an Earth-2 book that’s a continuation of the classic All-Star Comics run (the one Johns is currently butchering to reintroduce Helena Wayne).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If the new 52 is still canon then you could do what Waid is doing with World's Finest. You could just set a miniseries in the past and market it as an untold tale.
    Honestly, this is what the New 52 should have been. Unfortunately, it was an unholy mess with Batman and GL not being rebooted, Superman and Wonder Woman getting hard reboots, and most other characters ambiguously falling somewhere in between.

Regardless of how you feel about reboots, in theory the New 52 could have worked if they'd stuck to their core concept of this being a young DCU five years after the emergence of superheroes...no exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well,there are people who were fans of the New52. It made a mess of a lot of things but it have its fans.

Now, as we are talking of "bring it back", I don't think than anyone would like to see the continuiity messed yet again and the best wayt to returning or revisit those titles would be in an special set on "Earth- New52" or directly Earth-52 as Doomsday Clock established.

Maybe Start even with a homage to Flash of two worlds, with Wally discovering this earth and watching each title from a distance. The point it is, as always, it would be not the same exactly like the original titles and as always it would show the most iconic version of that era.
    Yeah, basically an Earth One/Ultimates style universe is the way to go to recreate the New 52 experiment and do it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To be honest, that idea was only in the context of things I kind of liked about the New 52. But I’d much rather have an Earth-2 book that’s a continuation of the classic All-Star Comics run (the one Johns is currently butchering to reintroduce Helena Wayne).
    To be honest, my answer also was in the context of things. Me too wanted much rather have an Earth-2 book that’s a continuation of the classic All-Star Comics run.