Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Kelly vs. a fan who didnt agree with the Cass/Harley "almost beat me" scene
    He is a critic from Wired Science not some random fan.

And why we didn't see how the fight ended, in the part of the fight we see in the book Harley didn't "almost" beat Cass, Cass got her ass kicked. She landed just one successful hit on Harley, and Harley landed 3 on her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    See, I like the art because specifically it does remind me of the old school comics I grew up with. The simple line work looks a lot like Alex Toth's style who is definitely one the best artists to work in comics in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It's funny how someone doesn't like the artwork because they (the user) is more "old-school" but Leo Romero is old-school and is heavily inspired by old-school artists including Alex Toth. The art is great and I think if people struggle with Birds of Prey being something that isn't Black Canary, Huntress and Oracle, then the old issues exist and can be reread. I for one really enjoyed this first issue and am excited to see where it goes. Hopefully Leo sticks around for a while, his art is perfect!
    I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination in seeing the Toth influence especially with Canary. I fell in love with her character from the reprints in Adventure Comics 491 and 492 by Toth. His Canary to me was just gorgeous and I see a lot of similarities between Romero's work and Toth's.

bc.jpg

I will also say that I am in the Huntress belongs on the Birds of Prey team camp, but that did not stop me from absolutely loving this book. The only character I really think could have made this story more perfect is if Zinda was there. I really do miss the Lady Blackhawk.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I know very little about Sin. Is her current age in line with her last appearances? Or did she get a major age up like Lian Harper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It is not as big as Lians.

I don't remember Sins exact age, but think she was somewhere between 10 and 13, Lian was only 5.
    Was she that old? I thought she was younger than 10.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He is a critic from Wired Science not some random fan.
    Good for him?

Mighty Member

If I look at the Batgirls book, she seems younger than 18...
    Batgirls dumbed her and Steph down a lot.......

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sin is 16, Cass should be around 21, though I'm pretty sure she's usually depicted at around 18.
    Cass is older than Jason

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Cass is older than Jason
    She should be but for some reason Jason is usually writtes as if he was almost Dick's age and Cass as if she was Tim's or younger.

Yeah Cass should be in her early 20s even with Tim and Steph still being around 18.

Jason is actually not that much older than Tim, but they kinda glossed over that upon his return. And, Cass just got stuck at the age she debuted at.

She was 18 if I remember correctly.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Good for him?
    His reviews are actually usually pretty decent, it just seems like in this situation (much like some others here) he couldn't get over the issue that there was a different line up and enjoy the book for what it was.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It hasn't been mentioned much (gee, HQ takes up a lot of the conversation). but I'm really intrigued to find out what the heck Maps, Sin and Themyscira have to do with each other and how it might lead to the end of the world. That's some really high stakes both personally (for Dinah) and for the world right off the bat!

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Yeah Cass should be in her early 20s even with Tim and Steph still being around 18.

Jason is actually not that much older than Tim, but they kinda glossed over that upon his return. And, Cass just got stuck at the age she debuted at.

She was 18 if I remember correctly.
    Jason's whole resurrection and standing in the family (as well as how artists draw him) just make his age kind of hard to pin down.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It hasn't been mentioned much (gee, HQ takes up a lot of the conversation). but I'm really intrigued to find out what the heck Maps, Sin and Themyscira have to do with each other and how it might lead to the end of the world. That's some really high stakes both personally (for Dinah) and for the world right off the bat!
    This isn't even the first time someone Dinah's loved has been stuck on Themyscira. It's like they have a grudge or something .