Default Bloodwynd the superman of heck

I loved bloodwynd when I started reading and was SUPER disapointed when it turned out he was just martian manhunter... when they then said there was a real Bloodwynd and he was a Voodoo priest that absorbed souls and used them for power I again liked him... but he has never gotten much use in the comics.

When I ran my own DCU RPG in late 90's early 2000's I used him a lot as my main NPC and had my own fanfic idea of how he could fit in as the mystic superman...

Fastforward to this saterday when I picked up the Doomsday one shot, and it had a back up called "Bloodwynd the Superman of Hell" and I read it 3 times that day and again monday.

I know it says that it will be continued in Action (I assume as back up stories) but other then (I guess) Lazarus Planet is there anything else I missed about him post nu52? I didn't even think he was used since before NU52.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Retired

Since wynd (/waɪnd/) in English means a narrow path between houses, I like to think that's how it's pronounced--like Bludwined. Not like a blood wind--which just seems stupid. Sunny today with strong blood winds from the north. No, it's a bloody path, a wynd of blood.

Oh wow! I never considered the wai sound as a possible pronunciation of Wy. Interesting. I think I still prefer wind but perhaps this may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Since wynd (/waɪnd/) in English means a narrow path between houses, I like to think that's how it's pronounced--like Bludwined. Not like a blood wind--which just seems stupid. Sunny today with strong blood winds from the north. No, it's a bloody path, a wynd of blood.
    A narrow bloody path.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think it's meant to be taken literally.

Nope, he got completely rebooted and revamped as a character by Watters. If you read his Lazarus Planet story and then the Doosmday Special you are up to date OP.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Dan Watters has quickly become one of my favourite comic book writers. Everything I've read is over the top and FUN.

If DC wants to give him a "Bloodwynd: Superman of Hell" miniseries I'll be all over it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!