Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm head canonning the bee as being brought to the island along with Ladybug and no one having noticed it there. That seems like a much simpler explanation than some sort of immortal super bee.
    The immortal bee Michael is canon since The Who’s Who page on Ladybug

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The immortal bee Michael is canon since The Who’s Who page on Ladybug

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But there are writers willing to write these character other than Johns?
    I can't imagine there isn't. And I've been waiting for a new JSA series for so long, but I'm close to dropping it. This series is pretty terrible, man. The actual JSA is barely in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I can't imagine there isn't. And I've been waiting for a new JSA series for so long, but I'm close to dropping it. This series is pretty terrible man. The actual JSA is barely in it.
    As of today (October 14th), still one month (at least) to go before issue #7 is due out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I can't imagine there isn't. And I've been waiting for a new JSA series for so long, but I'm close to dropping it. This series is pretty terrible, man. The actual JSA is barely in it.
    Well Jeremy Adams is writing Judy Garrick miniseries. And he could write the JSA ongoing after.

Well Jeremy Adams is writing Judy Garrick miniseries. And he could write the JSA ongoing after.
    Adfams and Venditti have both been mentioned here as viable replacements. There are certainly writers who are willing and hoping to write a JSA series. Finding someone who wants to isn't the problem. The two concerns I have are who would be good enough and who can put up with DC's editorial crap regarding the JSA.

As for Johns, it looks like he had ideas stretched out for 12 issues which was the announced length of the limited series. The subtitle "New Golden Age" heavily implies a major rewrite of DC history. His bringing in a Helena Wayne Huntress speaks to a desire to return to some version of historic story. His plethora of retconned sidekicks might be a way to get Stargirl a team or to turn the JSA into a young heroes school. His JSDark, and the GA Mr Miracle and Aquaman are attempts to bring facets of the modern era to the JSA.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

. . . As for Johns, it looks like he had ideas stretched out for 12 issues which was the announced length of the limited series. The subtitle "New Golden Age" heavily implies a major rewrite of DC history. His bringing in a Helena Wayne Huntress speaks to a desire to return to some version of historic story.
    Not to mention all the date-specific references to 1970s/1980s incidents of past runs.

His plethora of retconned sidekicks might be a way to get Stargirl a team or to turn the JSA into a young heroes school.
    But wasn't that the theme that started off his late 2006 run when he introduced all those new "legacy" characters?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not to mention all the date-specific references to 1970s/1980s incidents of past runs.

But wasn't that the theme that started off his late 2006 run when he introduced all those new "legacy" characters?
    Is that part still canon?
    Modern Magog is not David “Lance” Reid but started as Kid Thunder.

You need to pay more attention to World's Finest. That's the Kingdom Come Magog, not Earth-0's!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You need to pay more attention to World's Finest. That's the Kingdom Come Magog, not Earth-0's!
    But I thought Kid Thunder has been in the World's Finest title for a while. Even before they went to Kingdom Come universe.

But I thought Kid Thunder has been in the World's Finest title for a while. Even before they went to Kingdom Come universe.
    He was in the series for a single arc and then got sent away. The going to the Kingdom come earth is the follow up after he disappeared.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.