Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    So far, I'm not sold on Fall of X having any serious stakes. Why not simply seize Krakoa with those Starktech-Sentinels? And did Nimrod just peace out after beating up a couple people at the Gala?
    I think Shaw's arrangement with Orchis included him taking control of the island once it was empty. Orchis is letting him and Selene use some of their goons but it seems Orchis itself doesn't care about the island, as long as mutants don't return to it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Is this an illusion? A new body? A new LIFE?

It brings to mind two things Apocalypse has said to and about Jean:

“You’re a formidable foe, Jean Grey. Given time, I suspect potentially even my match and more.”

“She has been the weakest one. the strongest one. the sanest one. the craziest one. She has been the nurturer and the dependent... Could she be the Phoenix-force again? Could she come to terms with her internal struggles and let free the terrible energies contained within her?”

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I wonder if the Logans are some of Beast/Percy's clones? That would be wild, linking this book to that one.

The desert mutants powers were only seemingly "useless" for things like (a) getting home immediately (b) fast travel through the desert (c) figuring out what's happened elsewhere/communication - but not like USELESS useless. The creativity has overcome the initial disappointment. These folks are made for struggle!

Mother Righteous's "powers" may be little bits of the powers of the people that have thanked her in the past? She accumulates them as they thank her more...and with enough of them, then she is many mutants' worth of power in one body and thus attains Dominion. (a crazy half-baked theory)

Bit of a filler issue. The characters don’t have the memo yet that MR is totally full of ****, and it makes me question whether we’re getting the real -:A:- in the desert. Poccy is exactly who Benoit would expect to encounter in the desert.

So is Phil, the mutant who found Storm in Giant Size Xmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I wonder if the Logans are some of Beast/Percy's clones? That would be wild, linking this book to that one.

The desert mutants powers were only seemingly "useless" for things like (a) getting home immediately (b) fast travel through the desert (c) figuring out what's happened elsewhere/communication - but not like USELESS useless. The creativity has overcome the initial disappointment. These folks are made for struggle!

Mother Righteous's "powers" may be little bits of the powers of the people that have thanked her in the past? She accumulates them as they thank her more...and with enough of them, then she is many mutants' worth of power in one body and thus attains Dominion. (a crazy half-baked theory)
    That's my initial thought when seeing them. Loads of Logan's created by Beast.

I will say however that the easiness it takes to kill them bother me. I am not a wolverine fan in any way, but the core of the character is being hard to get rid of, but all of a sudden it seems as easy as breathing. The way death has been treated in this era is the only thing that bothers me. If only writers could've taken this in another route.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So is Phil, the mutant who found Storm in Giant Size Xmen?

Phil is the tree-looking guy that Kafka was talking to.

So the boy is Kafka? I guess I got the names swapped

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So the boy is Kafka? I guess I got the names swapped
    Correct. Sorry, my initial response was phrased weirdly.

So Selene misses her friends? She murdered them all before

Honestly the more I think about it the more i wish Mother Righteous was a goddess that was manifestation of mutants and not a Sinister clone

... and after the mutants reclaimed Krakoa, Kate and Xavier will be send to the empty stomach of Krakoa because they indeed killed humans! Poor fellas! So much punishment for breaking one of the main rules of Krakoa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That's my initial thought when seeing them. Loads of Logan's created by Beast.

I will say however that the easiness it takes to kill them bother me. I am not a wolverine fan in any way, but the core of the character is being hard to get rid of, but all of a sudden it seems as easy as breathing. The way death has been treated in this era is the only thing that bothers me. If only writers could've taken this in another route.
    This is Exodus taking him out, considering what he said he'd do to Selene's molecules, I am not surprised Logan went 'poof'

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That's logically what should happen when someone with Wolverine's powers is up against someone with Exodus' powers. (Unless Wolverine would manage to surprise him).

The real Wolverine usually has plot armor of course, but these replicas seem to lack that for some reason.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    To be honest, that was always my assumption ever since the cover was released. But with that last page and also with Phoenix being there, we're probably looking at something else. Something magic-related perhaps, since they've been often reminding us of Apocalypse's role as a mage lately, and also considering he seems to be going up against Mother Righteous... fight fire with fire.