Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I guess Kate is not going to report that Firestar is undercover, so that all the teams can beat her up a little bit.
    More excuses for Duggan to beat Firestar up .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Kitten always has Jean's back.

Ah yes, classic X-Men Green .

Good to see that Kate is looking for Scott and Emma is worried about him, I thought he was presumed dead. His focus issue is the next one I think, will Duggan finally make him competent again?

The whole Emma/Stark thing makes no sense to me romantically, glad to see that the whole thing is just a big joke for now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Another good issue, but not as great as the last couple of books Duggan wrote. On the one hand I appreciate the quick pace but the Angelica/Kate showdown felt very anticlimactic to me - I think it could have used a bit more breathing room and another couple of issues to build up the suspense.

And I was really into Emma and Tony getting married to further their goals but not by accident like this, straight out of the worst comedic moment. I hope there's some more meat to that story than a simple gag frankly.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A couple of issue more to build suspense takes us to November when most of the other books would have progressed further along in this FoX storyline. It makes no sense to drag out the inevitable...Kate realising that Angelica is undercover...for three issues. Does it feel a bit rushed? Yes, but...Everybody is on the clock. Mutant survival is on the clock.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

So maybe I haven't read enough Jean...what exactly about "Jean planting false memories to make Firestar seem like a traitor but not telling anyone" is such a Jean move that Kitty immediately accepts it and believes it? Seems like an easy thing for a traitor to make up.

I'm hoping we get to see Firestar do some serious damage to Orchis from within. Right now she's gathering intel and I hope that pays off nicely for the resistance.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

So Shaw and Selene were on the council, have all kind of financial and political power...and Kitty targets Firestar, who has none of those and would be a damn martyr if she were to be killed.

How did Kitty become so dumb?

I started mentally transcribing the narration into present tense so everything sounds a bit more urgent. Not a really feeling the “Once Upon A Time” style of storytelling.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So Shaw and Selene were on the council, have all kind of financial and political power...and Kitty targets Firestar, who has none of those and would be a damn martyr if she were to be killed.

Lol, good point. Everyone’s mad about firestar being a traitor, but Shaw and Selene, meh…

BANNED

Remember when Kitty crashed face-first into one of the transit gates at full tilt? Turns out the resulting concussion led her to believe she was Pippi Longstocking and the poor girl has been a not so bright, delusional, marauding pirate ever since
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-06-2023 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Emma kind of dealt with Shaw by removing him from the Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Lol, good point. Everyone’s mad about firestar being a traitor, but Shaw and Selene, meh…
    You expect it with Selene and Shaw, probably hurts more from someone you didn't think would betray you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Emma kind of dealt with Shaw by removing him from the Hellfire Club.

You expect it with Selene and Shaw, probably hurts more from someone you didn't think would betray you.
    But, exactly how, when, and most importantly to whom did Angelica betray her fellow X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Is Emma wearing a wig or did she decide to stop dyeing her hair?
    Its a wig. She has blonde hair at the start of hte issue.

Also why does Emma still bandage on her nose and having nose bleeds? She hurt her nose weeks ago. That little bandage isnt doing anything and she should have healed by now

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But, exactly how, when, and most importantly to whom did Angelica betray her fellow X-Men?
    By being an Orchis double agent. That's her whole plot point in Fall of X.

She cannot target those two as they are safely off in Gillen's book. Only Firestar is available here in Duggan's book.