Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Okay so I still dont understand why Tony and Emma have to get married nad this issue dindt make that any clearer
    The preview we got from Invincible Iron Man 10 shows Emma going after Feilong and taking off her ring. So maybe that issue will show the conversation between Emma and Tony where this issue had the conversation between Emma and Kate (please have them work together/team up during Fall of X still).

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    What was unclear about it?

Tony pretended to propose so that Feilong would not become suspicious of what they were up to.
    Silly as that is.
    What's unclear is why she didn't just say no. I'm thinking its because she still wanted the ring to prevent Orchis from seeing her when she would go with Kate but couldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I agree they all agreed to keep quiet, but who knows if it wasn't Emma's 'persuasion' that made them keep mum..unfortunately we can't know coz obviously Emma wouldn't do that..
    It's implied to be Kate's idea since we see a conversation between Kate and Emma on horseback after she gets resurrected and Kate has Emma read her mind about her plan for Shaw before Emma says her own. Maybe Emma wouldn't have told everyone about what happened, but IMO its pretty obvious there.

What was unclear about it?

Tony pretended to propose so that Feilong would not become suspicious of what they were up to.
    Silly as that is.
    Thats why he proposed. It doesnt explain why they actually get married (assuming that happens).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats why he proposed. It doesnt explain why they actually get married (assuming that happens).
    That's on purpose.

You are meant to read the next Iron Man issue to find out about that.

But since we are now operating by plot rules for farces, then I would assume she has to say "Yes" simply so that she can get the "ring" back, and Feilong will enthusiastically play along and force a wedding ceremony right there at the Hellfire Club to make fun of Stark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They invited some of the most heinous scumbags in existence into their midst...what did they think was going to happen?
    Shaw really had no justification for being on the council to begin with. They paid lip service to his business contacts and acumen, but we never saw any benefit to it. The Hellfire Trading Company was supposed to be a thing, but had no importance to any plots really. His only purpose on the council seemed to be so that he could come into conflict with Emma/Kate, and ultimately betray them. At least with Sinister you have his cloning knowledge as justification for being on the QC, and Mystique with her deal (which still seems dumb that Xavier chose her to plant a Krakoan gate on Orchis' space station as opposed to having any other number of mutants with a power set where they could plant a gate).

So based on what we've seen, Emma's lack of control the Shaw situation lays entirely on her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Shaw really had no justification for being on the council to begin with. They paid lip service to his business contacts and acumen, but we never saw any benefit to it. The Hellfire Trading Company was supposed to be a thing, but had no importance to any plots really. His only purpose on the council seemed to be so that he could come into conflict with Emma/Kate, and ultimately betray them. At least with Sinister you have his cloning knowledge as justification for being on the QC, and Mystique with her deal (which still seems dumb that Xavier chose her to plant a Krakoan gate on Orchis' space station as opposed to having any other number of mutants with a power set where they could plant a gate).

So based on what we've seen, Emma's lack of control the Shaw situation lays entirely on her feet.
    Some of the council members that Xavier and Magneto chose made no sense to me, Shaw among them. Not only did we never see it, but what we saw was always him looking like an idiot because of Emma and Kate. Although I don't know how much blame Emma gets for him outside of being part of the group that didn't have him thrown in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So Shaw and Selene were on the council, have all kind of financial and political power...and Kitty targets Firestar, who has none of those and would be a damn martyr if she were to be killed.

How did Kitty become so dumb?
    And of course Angelica's an ex-Avenger, killing her would look bad for the culprit. It's the reason Feilong didn't straight up kill Tony.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Technically the Firestar betrayal should feel more fresh as you expect Selene and Shaw and Sinister to betray you.

Still doesn’t excuse putting them on an oligarchic council of supermen government power, but I’ve made my peace with how Krakoa has as much resemblance to a functioning government as Thomas the Tank Engine.

Actually Thomas might have the better political worldbuilding resembling reality now that I think about it. The citizenry at least occasionally expresses opinions in that work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And of course Angelica's an ex-Avenger, killing her would look bad for the culprit. It's the reason Feilong didn't straight up kill Tony.
    Plus, lets be honest, all Kitty's actions would do was save their enemies the work.

That's on purpose.

You are meant to read the next Iron Man issue to find out about that.

But since we are now operating by plot rules for farces, then I would assume she has to say "Yes" simply so that she can get the "ring" back, and Feilong will enthusiastically play along and force a wedding ceremony right there at the Hellfire Club to make fun of Stark.
    Hence why I said this issue did not make that clear

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Technically the Firestar betrayal should feel more fresh as you expect Selene and Shaw and Sinister to betray you.

Still doesn’t excuse putting them on an oligarchic council of supermen government power, but I’ve made my peace with how Krakoa has as much resemblance to a functioning government as Thomas the Tank Engine.

Actually Thomas might have the better political worldbuilding resembling reality now that I think about it. The citizenry at least occasionally expresses opinions in that work.
    Is Ringo Starr a mutant?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

It might sting more, but killing her wouldn't be tactically wise, or even worthwhile.

Angelica didn't have access to any meaningful secrets, and she was Orchis' show pony. Killing her only turns the public against her, and I doubt the Avengers would let that stand.

Seems Kitty's shift to killing has robbed her of any brain cells.