2 4.65%
  • Kill MJ

4 9.30%
  • Something else (add comments)

2 4.65%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing96 View Post
    Pretty much this. If we had a dedicated issue focusing on MJ choosing to take care of her family and how she got to that choice vs. going back to Peter I think it would help explain things and pave the way for a reconciliation.
    I'm hoping the Jackpot mini goes into this.

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    I'm hoping the Jackpot mini goes into this.
    Yeah, if nothing else the Jackpot mini will get more into her headspace, though considering the last backup that might not be a good thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, if nothing else the Jackpot mini will get more into her headspace, though considering the last backup that might not be a good thing.
    I have to be hopeful. If they build off the Hellfire Gala issue then it'll be 'I couldn't let him get close for the sake of the kids, but now after the tunnel blah blah blah, he needs me but do I need him? blah blah blah'

They've set up Peter as her inspiration for being Jackpot, and then put him in an irredeemable position. Maybe MJ will be the only person in 616 who extends a hand to him 'tO sTrEnGtHeN tHeIr BoNd.'

No resolution in the mini, but sets up her position of the final couple of arcs of the run. I'm hoping it's already written and mostly drawn and it'll land with Gang War. If it's taking place over arc 10, 11 or 12 I don't know what this will be about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they realized it was going to be DOA and took it back to the drawing board.

Wouldn't even be surprised if it's canned. Such an OOC premise for MJ is not likely to survive past Wells' run. And we only have about a year of that left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think they realized it was going to be DOA and took it back to the drawing board.

Wouldn't even be surprised if it's canned. Such an OOC premise for MJ is not likely to survive past Wells' run. And we only have about a year of that left.
    That would be for the best. I doubt that a mini that was spinoff from this run would be particularly well received anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    That would be for the best. I doubt that a mini that was spinoff from this run would be particularly well received anyway.
    It depends on the story they tell in it. I can see it being canned for lots of reasons, but there's potential. Would be a slog of a read though.

Quote Originally Posted by hobnob View Post
    It depends on the story they tell in it. I can see it being canned for lots of reasons, but there's potential. Would be a slog of a read though.
    Yeah...personally I wouldn't trust it unless I read some phenomenal reviews. This is not an era I have great confidence in for Spider-Man related books.