Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To answer the question as long as fandom keeps on propagating and favoring the ideal of 'Magneto was right schitck'. This will go and on. I mean look at Fox DOFP ever since Magneto was proven wrong in that movie, Fox was ACTUALLY deviating from the idea of extinction films. Except for Logan of course but it was totally different timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's the time ever mutant on the planet lost their powers due to Sinister and the High Evolutionary.
    You and i are probably the only ones who remeber that. It was a blink and you will miss thing. It was so....unremarkable.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would love to see more of Sinisters's/ Doc Stasis beast mutants
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

DOFP is the original the "bad guys win" story. And something the X-Men needed to change. Plus, it's anecdotally amusing how a recurring cause of death in these extinction events ends up being "death by Sentinel".
    Days of Future Past was Terminator before Terminator. Mankind makes machines to deal with their problems. Machines take over everything.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

No More Mutants/Decimation - By Scarlet Witch.

Edit to Add:
    Hope Summers arc: Messiah Complex, Kyle & Yost X-Force, Messiah War and Second Coming

I’m sure there a more. Please list yours and share your thoughts.
    IMO that doesnt count as something different. The Hope stuff was all apart of deciMation

Another to add is Disassembled and its direct aftermath with the bulk of the X-men presumed dead, Calahan in power, mutant vaccines being pushed and mutants being killed off in almost every issue of UXM

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I guess no one remembers mutants being under 200 in total and Bastion had majority of them trapped in a bubble. Sending Nimrods through a time portal, 5 at a time endlessly?
    Thats already mentioned as deciMation

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats already mentioned as deciMation

The Hope trilogy was its own entity. Decimation was prior Hence Deadly Genesis the 198, Son of M, Endangered Species. Remember most of the books had the Decimation Logo. So i dont think it was.
    The Hope trilogy was a rebirth of Hope (the feeling not the character, no pun intended) of the Mutant X-gene and Messiah Complex kick started that off.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 09-08-2023 at 12:24 PM.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Days of Future Past was Terminator before Terminator. Mankind makes machines to deal with their problems. Machines take over everything.
    Reminds me of "The Final Decision," the first season finale of the 90s X-Men animated series, where it turns out the Sentinels have gone autonomous and, in an extremely satisfying rebuke to their creators' prejudices, declare that as mutants come from (and are) humans in the first place, the Sentinels have no choice but to take over and protect humans from themselves.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    The Hope trilogy was its own entity. Decimation was prior Hence Deadly Genesis the 198, Son of M, Endangered Species. Remember most of the books had the Decimation Logo. So i dont think it was.
    The Hope trilogy was a rebirth of Hope (the feeling not the character, no pun intended) of the Mutant X-gene and Messiah Complex kick started that off.
    IMO, I consider deciMation the time between M-Day and Second Coming (2006-2010). M-Day started that status quo and there was no resolution to it until Second Coming when Hope activated the X-gene in latent mutants. Its not like it was some recurring plotline that went away and was revisited in few years. Everything during that time period but on its each until the climax in SC. Its hard to view them as seperate when its a part of the same status quo. All the other stories listed had a beginning and resolution. What was the resolution of deciMation if not SC?

Lol there are extinction events within extinction events.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO that doesnt count as something different. The Hope stuff was all apart of deciMation

Another to add is Disassembled and its direct aftermath with the bulk of the X-men presumed dead, Calahan in power, mutant vaccines being pushed and mutants being killed off in almost every issue of UXM
    That was my thinking in the OP. But enough people considered Decimation and the subsequent black ops X-Force and Messiah trilogy it’s own thing. Since a big deal was made of the 181 mutants left in the world.

I’ll have to go back and reread Dissassembled. I don’t remember all the mayhem Wanda caused there.

Question: Were there any extinction events 90s X-Force fought against unique to their own book?

Second question: Did the later parts of Ultimate X-Men (post-Ultimatum) have any extinction events? I know the Ultimate universe came down hard on all mutants after Magneto’s killer tsunami and weather attack.