Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The book sold really well during Deodato's run and his art was pretty, and yes sexy, but it was also powerfully dynamic.

WW DEODATO 9.jpg

WW BIKER COSTUME 2.jpg

WW DEODATO CONTEST.jpg

There was a lot "A Wop Bop A Loo Bop, A Wop Bam BOOM!" along with the "thong, thong, thong, thong, thooongs".

I haven't read this run yet (except for the Taco Whiz issue) but Diana did guest star in his Dr Fate run when Inza took over the helm and I like the friendship he developed between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know what he was thinking with that retcon of Hippolyta and Heracles.
    What was the retcon?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

That she loved him and sold out the entire Amazon race by having them all marry his men while Antiope was over in the corner going "um...sis....maybe this isn't so smart!" essentially.

Though in fairness, I may have forgotten some of the details as I read it one time, nearly threw it down in disgust and tried very hard to purge it from my memory afterwards.

Incredible Member

Did Magala - the elderly Amazonian witch - debut here?

I never quite understood where she came from since there were no "old" Amazons previously during the Perez run...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Did Magala - the elderly Amazonian witch - debut here?

I never quite understood where she came from since there were no "old" Amazons previously during the Perez run...
    Magala is a Byrne creation, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    That she loved him and sold out the entire Amazon race by having them all marry his men while Antiope was over in the corner going "um...sis....maybe this isn't so smart!" essentially.

Though in fairness, I may have forgotten some of the details as I read it one time, nearly threw it down in disgust and tried very hard to purge it from my memory afterwards.
    I've re-read that recently, and that's pretty much it. Hippolyta really gets trashed bad in this era.